*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be staying at AKL Aug 10-12 with DH and two daughters (who will be 7&9 yo then) but will be solo at the party and live poscast taping. I never been at any DIS event in the past or met other members so that makes me a little nervous since DH will stay at the resort with our girls while I attend.

I will be there with 3 adults. We are czeching in on 8/05 and out on 8/13. We will also be at US/IoA for one day if anyone wants to meet up there as well. We are currently booked at AoA, but I keep having second thoughts. Maybe someone can lend their thoughts? We have 4 adults, two of which are sharing a bed. The other two are not comfortable enough to do so. Anyone know if the daybeds in GF, BLT, or YC are actually comfortable for an adult to sleep on? We WERE booked at YC, but I thought we would be better off at AoA. Now I am having third thoughts about going back to YC!

We are super interested in bar/lounge events, by the way.

My mom (Disneyholic Family) and I are really really really excited about finally attending a DIS event and pretty much up for anything, except I will NOT get on the Skyliner even if The Mouse himself goes on it with us :scared:.
In the meantime, please add us to the pre party get together and the trivia.

I was wondering if people would be interested in going to Yee Ha Bob’s show together? That could be fun :dogdance: or a weirder idea - maybe go to a character dance party together, though I might be the only adult who likes those...don’t judge me, lol :cool1:

My mom (Disneyholic Family) and I are really really really excited about finally attending a DIS event and pretty much up for anything, except I will NOT get on the Skyliner even if The Mouse himself goes on it with us :scared:.
In the meantime, please add us to the pre party get together and the trivia.

I was wondering if people would be interested in going to Yee Ha Bob’s show together? That could be fun :dogdance: or a weirder idea - maybe go to a character dance party together, though I might be the only adult who likes those...don’t judge me, lol :cool1:

I think a YeHaa Bob event would be really fun - I added it to the list. I think for at least one event in the past Corey and Julie planned an event there as I think they, and their kids, like watching him

As for the character dance party, do you mean like the ones in the parks? Not sure the best way to plan that (or who would be interested) but I know the new Move It, Shake It, Mousekasance It! is starting soon - maybe we could plan an in-park meet up that included that? :confused3

I will be there with 3 adults. We are czeching in on 8/05 and out on 8/13. We will also be at US/IoA for one day if anyone wants to meet up there as well. We are currently booked at AoA, but I keep having second thoughts. Maybe someone can lend their thoughts? We have 4 adults, two of which are sharing a bed. The other two are not comfortable enough to do so. Anyone know if the daybeds in GF, BLT, or YC are actually comfortable for an adult to sleep on? We WERE booked at YC, but I thought we would be better off at AoA. Now I am having third thoughts about going back to YC!

I can't speak to those specific ones but we did stay in the Contemporary once that had the fold down bed as the 5th sleeping spot. It was actually pretty comfortable and I could fit fine, but it is a bit short so I don't think if someone is like 6' 5" if would be the best for any length of stay, but I think for most people it would be ok, at least for a few nights (maybe rotate between who gets it or something)

Waiting to hear about a resort option - if it all works, we'll be staying at Caribbean Beach. Probably me & DH, plus both our kids - contemplating 3 nights on the gulf somewhere (Marco or Sanibel Islands) & 2ish nights at Disney for the party - just not sure of order and details yet. Hoping and hoping that it won't sell out before I can book stuff! DH & I attended the 20th at Epcot last year - so I really want to do Pandora!

I will be soloing. I was on the PCC6.0 and when this was announced, I swore I would make it no matter what it took. I will be flying in on the 6th and staying thru the 13th at the AllStars Movie (had to save everywhere possible). I am very excited and up for just about anything.

Thanks @TheMaxRebo for starting this Thread

It’s my first event and first ever solo trip so super excited and a little bit anxious, so definitely want to meet some friendly faces along the way.

I’m staying in CBR from the 6th - 12th

I would love to come to the pre-party meet up

Any of the event that involves a Bar or Lounge and definitely the Solo Travelers bit.

I’ve never seen Yehaa Bob so not sure but I am always up for trying new things.

As I get in on the 6th and will be jet lagged, I know I’ll be up really early on the 7th, so if anyone’s up for a MK before opening breakfast then a walk over to the Contempoary for registration at 10am that would be fun

Maybe 2 rooms at POP and REQUEST (not guaranteed) adjoining rooms. And I will be solo and love to go to Harry Potter land!

I am solo at this point. Right now I am booked at BWV as we own there, but thinking of switching to POP to save points if solo. August 5-12. Love all of ideas- pre cocktails, bar meets, solo.

Oh totally missed the Bucket Crawl around the Skyliner definitely count me in for that, as that’s one of the reason I picked to stay at the CBR as I’m really excited about the Skyline.

Will be staying at AKL Aug 10-12 with DH and two daughters (who will be 7&9 yo then) but will be solo at the party and live poscast taping. I never been at any DIS event in the past or met other members so that makes me a little nervous since DH will stay at the resort with our girls while I attend.
This will be my first dis event too. I’m going solo to the events. No one I know from home is quite at the same level of Disney obsession as me!

I will be there with 3 adults. We are czeching in on 8/05 and out on 8/13. We will also be at US/IoA for one day if anyone wants to meet up there as well.

And I will be solo and love to go to Harry Potter land!

I added an event to the page around doing a Universal Day - I could see people wanting to do that, especially if this gives them the opportunity to do so with more experienced people if they have never been

I just signed up! First Dis party. It will be myself, DH and DS 23 (@disneysteve our kids are same ages!). Staying at Shades of Green Aug 3-10 then Contemporary 10-11 (figured it would make after party transportation much easier). Taking family for the week--including 5 granddaughters who leave on 10th. Not sure what meets we can attend, although the skyliner crawl sounds good (I'm sure we'll need some time away from the princesses). So happy that the timing worked for us!

Crossing my fingers that Pandora event isn't full, because I missed out that event opened and just signed up today. Anxiously awaiting email allowing Pandora sign-up!!!:cool1:pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter