6 Aug Tuesday 6:30 Sanaa
7 Aug Wednesday none
8 Aug Thursday 7:00 Le Cellier
9 Aug Friday 7:50 Toledo
10 Aug Saturday 7:30 Tiffins
11 Aug Sunday none

Other events

8 August 8:00 Marceline to Magic Kingdom

My wife and I would be interested in the DVC Moonlight Magic event but are not DVC members....

Thanks

sounds great!! i wasn't aware of toledo, so i just looked it up....it sounds really good...i wonder if they have walk ups...we'll only be two people this time (usually we're a cast of thousands) so i was hoping we'd be able to do walk ups part of the time...

we also have tiffins reserved....our first time there....

I don't recall this being mentioned in this thread so my apologies if it has... The MK Disney After Hours event would be a perfect get together. Unfortunately past August DAH events at Magic Kingdom have been on Saturday. I'll be watching to see when Disney posts DAH for the summer. If you have not been to MK DAH it is, in my opinion, the very best hard ticket event Disney offers.

I don't recall this being mentioned in this thread so my apologies if it has... The MK Disney After Hours event would be a perfect get together. Unfortunately past August DAH events at Magic Kingdom have been on Saturday. I'll be watching to see when Disney posts DAH for the summer. If you have not been to MK DAH it is, in my opinion, the very best hard ticket event Disney offers.

I noticed DAH in the MK was on Saturday's too. I have yet to time a trip that it works for me.

Our trip just keeps growing. Originally we were staying 8/6-8/11 then we added two days at the beginning to slow it down and give some rest. Now I just booked one night on 8/3 at Contemporary in a Theme Park room. We were going to stay somewhere close that night anyway and now we wont feel the need to spend $300 on a Dessert Party! Sooo excited to stay in one of these rooms even just for one night. Now we can monorail to Trader Sam's too! It'll be quite interesting to compare the CR room to the CSR Tower for the rest of our trip.

Our trip just keeps growing. Originally we were staying 8/6-8/11 then we added two days at the beginning to slow it down and give some rest. Now I just booked one night on 8/3 at Contemporary in a Theme Park room. We were going to stay somewhere close that night anyway and now we wont feel the need to spend $300 on a Dessert Party! Sooo excited to stay in one of these rooms even just for one night. Now we can monorail to Trader Sam's too! It'll be quite interesting to compare the CR room to the CSR Tower for the rest of our trip.

We had one trip a few years ago where we stayed Contemporary Theme Park view and waking up and getting to watch the Magic Kingdom wake up is almost priceless. Really hope you enjoy your stay!

We had one trip a few years ago where we stayed Contemporary Theme Park view and waking up and getting to watch the Magic Kingdom wake up is almost priceless. Really hope you enjoy your stay!
I'm planning/hoping to splurge and book at Contemporary or Bay Lake Tower for the 50th. We never stay onsite but for those days, I want to be able to walk into MK. I know it's going to cost us a boatload of money to do that but I've been to the park for the 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, and several other anniversaries and really want to be there for the 50th.

I'm planning/hoping to splurge and book at Contemporary or Bay Lake Tower for the 50th. We never stay onsite but for those days, I want to be able to walk into MK. I know it's going to cost us a boatload of money to do that but I've been to the park for the 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, and several other anniversaries and really want to be there for the 50th.

When we went we got an AP discount and definitely not something we can do every trip bu for a “splurge” it think it was totally worth it.

it's funny how that happens..
we started with the 5th to the 13th..
then the 4th to the 13th
then the 4th to the 14th
and finally the 2nd to the 20th.....LOL....
but this way we figure we'll really be able to relax and enjoy meeting and spending time with everyone during the entire week long event, since we'll know we have so much time for the parks after everyone leaves...

I just booked one night on 8/3 at Contemporary in a Theme Park room. We were going to stay somewhere close that night anyway and now we wont feel the need to spend $300 on a Dessert Party! Sooo excited to stay in one of these rooms even just for one night. Now we can monorail to Trader Sam's too! It'll be quite interesting to compare the CR room to the CSR Tower for the rest of our trip.

we did a split stay one time, including 2 nights at the contemporary in a theme park view room.....
it was really cool being able to look out at the MK from our room!

after watching that video of the gondola, i can say with a fair amount of certainty that i will never ever ever ever ever ever ride that thing.
Can it actually carry the weight of a size challenged person (as in those like me who more closely resemble pooh than say, twiggie?)

but i digress from what i actually meant to post about....planning...

i thought it's time to start organizing my shopping plan of attack...

those of us who come from overseas often go back home with double what we started.
And that's not because of mickey souvenirs, but rather that which we are unable to obtain at home (or the shipping charges are stratospheric).

So i've started a list.
What, you thought that i was only anal about our WDW touring schedule?

after watching that video of the gondola, i can say with a fair amount of certainty that i will never ever ever ever ever ever ride that thing.
Can it actually carry the weight of a size challenged person (as in those like me who more closely resemble pooh than say, twiggie?)

They haven't released and specifications but I do understand they will be able to take ECVs which would add some weight and the cabins are big enough to fit 8-10 people

I saw the specifications for another system made by the same people said the capacity per cabin is 300 kg (~660 lbs)

They haven't released and specifications but I do understand they will be able to take ECVs which would add some weight and the cabins are big enough to fit 8-10 people

I saw the specifications for another system made by the same people said the capacity per cabin is 300 kg (~660 lbs)

660 isn't very much......3 grown men? my husband is normal weight, but he's 6'7" tall, so normal weight for him is pretty high up there...
only 3 of him would be permitted if the limit is 660....
is someone going to be eyeballing a group to figure out if they pass muster?

/

There’s no way the limit can be that low. That’s 3 average Americans. If it can accommodate 8-10 people the limit has to be well above a ton minimum.

There’s no way the limit can be that low. That’s 3 average Americans. If it can accommodate 8-10 people the limit has to be well above a ton minimum.

That's the only thing I found so far .... I am going through the Doppelmayr brochures and for the cabins it only really talks about size not weight. I did see for one system they have that can used cabins like the ones Disney has the grip can handle up to 1,800kg which is like 4,000 lbs

Here is a link that has a virtual tour of the cabins: https://liftblog.com/2016/03/22/take-a-virtual-tour-of-doppelmayrs-d-line/

And it says: You can also take a tour of the detachable grip-D with a virtual tear-down. The grip-D can support ropes up to 64mm in diameter, carry up to 4,000 lbs and operate on 45-degree rope inclines.

OK, here are our ADRs...

6 Aug Tuesday 6:30 Sanaa
7 Aug Wednesday none
8 Aug Thursday 7:00 Le Cellier
9 Aug Friday 7:50 Toledo
10 Aug Saturday 7:30 Tiffins
11 Aug Sunday none

Other events

8 August 8:00 Marceline to Magic Kingdom

My wife and I would be interested in the DVC Moonlight Magic event but are not DVC members....

Thanks
Good choices! Sanaa is one of our favorites. We have an ADR at Toledo on the 12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter