*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two (three?) years ago I was traveling during gay days. I didn't notice MK was crowded more than any other well attended day. I think we arrived just before rope drop for our Pre-park BoG ADR. What I did notice was a lot of smiling, camaraderie, support and the parade was wonderful. Folks jumped in at the end of the parade, which I think might be usual?, and created their own mini-parade celebration. People were also dressing in theme, sharing their pride for family. I loved the creativity in outfits and ECV decorations! So I hope your MK day is fabulous and you have a rainbowtastic time!
The Epcot party overlapped with gay days. I was at MK for part of that Saturday and it wasn’t crazy crowded.

Two (three?) years ago I was traveling during gay days. I didn't notice MK was crowded more than any other well attended day. I think we arrived just before rope drop for our Pre-park BoG ADR. What I did notice was a lot of smiling, camaraderie, support and the parade was wonderful. Folks jumped in at the end of the parade, which I think might be usual?, and created their own mini-parade celebration. People were also dressing in theme, sharing their pride for family. I loved the creativity in outfits and ECV decorations! So I hope your MK day is fabulous and you have a rainbowtastic time!

We went one year and it just happened to coincide with Gay days and we had an amazing time, I love that Disney is so inclusive and it’s so great to see everyone just enjoying themselves.

i've always heard gay days at the parks are fun..

I haven't been to that many of them. The first one was back in the mid-90's. My ex and I went. We had a blast. There was even a private event for us one evening at MGM Studios. The second one I have been to was during the last big DIS event that coincided with Gay days.

Overall, there really is not much difference from a normal crowded park day. The only exceptions is that you may see A LOT of red shirts, now a lot of rainbow items, and probably a higher rate of same sex couples holding hands.

Don't stress about altering any plans, FP+ or ADRs. Go have fun with what you have planned.

Made modifications to our FP+ for AK on August 10th. Still doing FOLK but at 1:30 instead of 2:30. Changed Dinosaur for the Animation Experience at Conservation Station at 2:55 pm

We weren't able to get into the DVC event. We did add the Plaza breakfast ADR on the 7th. Can't wait!

Just so I’m not confused are you saying you got your own ADR on the 7th.

Or do you want me to see if I can add you to the group one I’ve set up.

Just so I’m not confused are you saying you got your own ADR on the 7th.

Or do you want me to see if I can add you to the group one I’ve set up.
I'm so sorry, I assumed we could make a reservation for the time and join in. We currently have a ADR for 10:00.

I'm so sorry, I assumed we could make a reservation for the time and join in. We currently have a ADR for 10:00.

That’s okay as I’ve had a look and I can’t extend my booking to 9 people.

So if we make sure we’re there to check in at the same time, then we ask them ever so nicely, hopefully they can put us on tables next to each other.

Also I don’t know if you’ve seen, but most of us, after Brekkie, are going to head down to the Contemporary to pick up our credentials and you’re more that welcome to join us.

Hi everyone! Longtime listener and lurker here, finally joined the boards! I’m excited to meet you all in August! DH and I will be staying at POFQ 8/6-8/12. As soon as we can decide on a team name, we’ll be joining the Epcot scavenger hunt :)

That’s okay as I’ve had a look and I can’t extend my booking to 9 people.

So if we make sure we’re there to check in at the same time, then we ask them ever so nicely, hopefully they can put us on tables next to each other.

Also I don’t know if you’ve seen, but most of us, after Brekkie, are going to head down to the Contemporary to pick up our credentials and you’re more that welcome to join us.
That will work for us.

I think the 10AM Credential pick-up on Wednesday will be popular. I know we are checking out of Coronado that morning and checking into the Contemporary. My plan is to head over and be checked-in before 10AM. I don't care if my room is ready or not since I won't be heading to it right away. Maybe a group adventure after credential pick-up somewhere?

I think the 10AM Credential pick-up on Wednesday will be popular. I know we are checking out of Coronado that morning and checking into the Contemporary. My plan is to head over and be checked-in before 10AM. I don't care if my room is ready or not since I won't be heading to it right away. Maybe a group adventure after credential pick-up somewhere?

as @k8Davies mentioned, some of use are planning on heading over after our breakfast in MK - so we expect to be there around noon or so I would say. Thinking can meet up with others around that time, maybe grab a drink or lunch.

My wife and I are then going to head back to MK for a few FPs we have and then head back to our room to prep for the *Un*Official Welcome party - but I am sure people can meet up and go off in groups doing different things (people are of course welcome to come back to MK with us)

as @k8Davies mentioned, some of use are planning on heading over after our breakfast in MK - so we expect to be there around noon or so I would say. Thinking can meet up with others around that time, maybe grab a drink or lunch.

My wife and I are then going to head back to MK for a few FPs we have and then head back to our room to prep for the *Un*Official Welcome party - but I am sure people can meet up and go off in groups doing different things (people are of course welcome to come back to MK with us)

Great Minds think alike, I scheduled FPs for that afternoon at MK too!!!

**** Quick note about Galaxy's Edge Previews ****

Not to put a wrench in people's plannings - but it just came out form Disney that they will have Annual Passholder previews for the WDW Galaxy's Edge!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...NfwjpglPYdY7b1Hr3cCOtsL9HgnadVtimHXnTdX27pNZ0

Not dates are given, other than "before August 29th" but the one rumor out there (albeit form a questionable source) is they will start August 11th!

Just wanted to get this on everyone's radar if you are interested/eligible for this

Not to put a wrench in people's plannings - but it just came out form Disney that they will have Annual Passholder previews for the WDW Galaxy's Edge!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...NfwjpglPYdY7b1Hr3cCOtsL9HgnadVtimHXnTdX27pNZ0

Not dates are given, other than "before August 29th" but the one rumor out there (albeit form a questionable source) is they will start August 11th!

Just wanted to get this on everyone's radar if you are interested/eligible for this

wow!! that's really cool....but alas, we don't have APs...

Hmmm, if that date/rumor is true, do I miss the live podcast recording or go to SWGE????? Granted I would still have Monday and maybe Tuesday morning. hmmm
If I had to choose I think I would pick SWGE, I've been debating the same thing myself. Now it we know SWGE will be ready for guests in the middle of August, I'm even more curious if Pete's event has something to do with GE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter