*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions! :flower:

1) Anyone interested in YeeHaw Bob for Wednesday night 08/07 @ 8pm? It's the one night I don't already have a plan, and I've never gone to the sing-along before. I understand you need to arrive 30min early to get a seat.

2) Anyone dressing in theme for our Hoop-de-Doo Revue night? I have a Pride Dorothy Gale (Wizard of Oz) outfit that I wore to Pride last year. It's kind-of Pioneer, considering Kansas Farm n'all! I could also rustle up a different outfit a la Little House on the Prairie, but I already had Pride Dorothy.

3) Anyone want to wear matching bandanas for our Hoop-de-Doo Revue night? This could be a nice group alternative to dressing in theme.... cause not everyone is a "oh Theme Party" goofball like me. I'd say let's choose a color.... like Royal Blue or other color.... and we just put it on somewhere; head, neck, arm, hat! Oh, the choices!! DISers Bandana Brigade!

4) So far, I'm planning to enjoy a monorail crawl on Sunday night 08/11. Starting at my balcony @ Poly with a Twilight Feast, okay that's too awkward to invite folks.... but afterwards to the Floridian, and then to Top of the World for fireworks, then to Trader Sams to ring in my friend's birthday at "midnight".... It's always midnight somewhere in the world, right! I thought I'd mention it here in case folks wanted to join us for some libations and lively social chat!

1) Anyone interested in YeeHaw Bob for Wednesday night 08/07 @ 8pm? It's the one night I don't already have a plan, and I've never gone to the sing-along before. I understand you need to arrive 30min early to get a seat.

2) Anyone dressing in theme for our Hoop-de-Doo Revue night? I have a Pride Dorothy Gale (Wizard of Oz) outfit that I wore to Pride last year. It's kind-of Pioneer, considering Kansas Farm n'all! I could also rustle up a different outfit a la Little House on the Prairie, but I already had Pride Dorothy.

3) Anyone want to wear matching bandanas for our Hoop-de-Doo Revue night? This could be a nice group alternative to dressing in theme.... cause not everyone is a "oh Theme Party" goofball like me. I'd say let's choose a color.... like Royal Blue or other color.... and we just put it on somewhere; head, neck, arm, hat! Oh, the choices!! DISers Bandana Brigade!

4) So far, I'm planning to enjoy a monorail crawl on Sunday night 08/11. Starting at my balcony @ Poly with a Twilight Feast, okay that's too awkward to invite folks.... but afterwards to the Floridian, and then to Top of the World for fireworks, then to Trader Sams to ring in my friend's birthday at "midnight".... It's always midnight somewhere in the world, right! I thought I'd mention it here in case folks wanted to join us for some libations and lively social chat!

I was planning on wearing something checked for the Hoop Dee Do probably more on the side of bounding than full blown outfit.

Although I will look to amazon a Royal Blue bandana.

Also as I’m around the night of the 11th I could be tempted into a drink or two not sure if I’ll last the whole night as I have a long day the next day travelling back but it would be nice to say goodbye and toast the end of the trip with fireworks 🎆

If the option presents itself, I gotta go Galaxy Edge, but I am not holding my breath.

I’m not an AP holder but I am excited if people get to go as it’ll be a nice surprise for you at the end of the trip.

I’ll give it a bash when I’m back next April, so everyone please leave it nice till then.

Although If they do start letting people in on the 11th, if someone could get me one of the diet cokes before lunchtime on the 12th I would be very grateful (as I love Diet Coke and those bottle are super cute)

If I had to choose I think I would pick SWGE, I've been debating the same thing myself. Now it we know SWGE will be ready for guests in the middle of August, I'm even more curious if Pete's event has something to do with GE.

wouldn't that be cool! can't wait to hear what his event is..

yeehaw bob sounds great! assuming there's nothing official, then absolutely...
it falls in right after our unofficial pop century gathering, so that works well....
(we = MickeyMouseisKing and me).

and a farewell monorail crawl could work as well....sounds like a good way to say bye to everyone..

***** Quick update on Official Events *****

Just to give eveyrone a heads up, on today's DIS Unplugged John said he would be posting information about the official events later today - as soon as it gets posted I will add info here and update the spreadsheet, etc.

It was also mentioned that you will have to register for each of them as there is limited space for each and that Patreon supporters would get early access to register

More to come!

***** /end Quick update on Official Events *****

I am happy to schedule the YeeHaw Bob event to be fore Wed night. I think that probably works as well as any and really just need to pick a date if people are still interested in doing that

as for Hoop Dee Doo - definitely would be fun to do something themed. I know in the past lime green was the official/unofficial color of the DIS, so maybe something with that?

I was already planning on TOTWL on sunday so a monorail crawl sounds good to me. I'm also all in favor of the blue bandannas as I am not nearly creative enough to come up with a whole outfit. Any attempts have turned out pretty pathetic!

It was also mentioned that you will have to register for each of them as there is limited space for each and that Patreon supporters would get early access to register
I was a little startled by this, while I get having an exclusive Patreon event during that week to plus it up, it sounded like many meets would first go to Patreon. They weren't very clear so there may be some confusion but if many or all go to Patreon first, it seems like those who aren't Patreon supporters could be out of luck, despite being already booked in good faith believing they have an opportunity as these "limited-capacity" meets.
Pete ASSURED people those who chose to not support Patreon, they would not notice any difference, ie Patreon would just be "extra", this feels like moving things behind the curtain. Since this is a GKTW fundraising event and many non-Patreon will be donating and bidding, it feels like anyone who is registered should have equal footing for the meets and just do an extra for Patroen. Just my opinion.

I was a little startled by this, while I get having an exclusive Patreon event during that week to plus it up, it sounded like many meets would first go to Patreon. They weren't very clear so there may be some confusion but if many or all go to Patreon first, it seems like those who aren't Patreon supporters could be out of luck, despite being already booked in good faith believing they have an opportunity as these "limited-capacity" meets.
Pete ASSURED people those who chose to not support Patreon, they would not notice any difference, ie Patreon would just be "extra", this feels like moving things behind the curtain. Since this is a GKTW fundraising event and many non-Patreon will be donating and bidding, it feels like anyone who is registered should have equal footing for the meets and just do an extra for Patroen. Just my opinion.
I agree..........my wife and I've been booked for this trip since Oct. We've really been looking forward and this one "also" bummed me out.

Doug :goofy:

as for Hoop Dee Doo - definitely would be fun to do something themed. I know in the past lime green was the official/unofficial color of the DIS, so maybe something with that?

Lime Green bandanas (or other idea) work for me, especially if that's the DIS official/unofficial color. I guess I was informed in by the overall blue color scheme of the forum and 20th anniversary thread. I think Lime Green would be a bold color choice that would more easily stand out and make it easier to find each other. I'm open to it if folks prefer. :cutie: :lovestruc

Yeah I was a bit bummed by this as well as I’ve been planning this trip since October and coming a long way.

I have tweeted Ryno to see if it’s just opened to existing member or if I sign up do I get access waiting on his reply.

As I have been toying with the idea but not set on it. But if it means I can definitely get on the meet ups I stop toying and sign up. I’ll let people know if I get a reply.

Lime Green bandanas (or other idea) work for me, especially if that's the DIS official/unofficial color. I guess I was informed in by the overall blue color scheme of the forum and 20th anniversary thread. I think Lime Green would be a bold color choice that would more easily stand out and make it easier to find each other. I'm open to it if folks prefer. :cutie: :lovestruc

Oh lime green is even better as I’m a red head so green is defo my Colour.

I have tweeted Ryno to see if it’s just opened to existing member or if I sign up do I get access waiting on his reply.
I guess people could join and drop and only be out a few dollars if they allow it, but the point is they asked you to register to get credentials to sign up and stated that as the only requirement.

Last edited:

I am a little torn on this issue - though I recognize that it might be easier for me to say given I am a Patreon supporter

In the past I got shut out of all events as they fill so fast, so I do kinda like giving supporters early access to increase our odds - but also get where you are coming from that this is "new information" and not the exact deal you signed up for

Maybe they could do it where the allocate like 50% of the slots for early access and then the rest for the broader community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter