*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn’t a disunplugged event though. It’s the anniversary of Dreams event, lol maybe the priority should be given to existing clients of Dreams who have supported that company?! That would make more sense to me.
Now I have visions of having a meet 'n greet event with your favorite Dreams travel agent! Bingo night with travel planning acronyms and slang! Scrabble using only travel planning lingo! Celebrating 20 years of Dreams Agents!

It isn’t a disunplugged event though. It’s the anniversary of Dreams event, lol maybe the priority should be given to existing clients of Dreams who have supported that company?! That would make more sense to me.
To me the issue is the rules or priorities probably should have been laid out earlier, if not at the beginning. While this isn't my first DIS event it is the first week long event.....so as @TheMaxRebo pointed out the scenario isn't completely new. Not to say I would have joined Patreon if I had known in advance, but I might have not been as surprised with what I heard on the vlog this afternoon. Hey it is what it is........I'm still excited to meet a bunch of DIS'ers.

Doug :goofy:

To me the issue is the rules or priorities probably should have been laid out earlier, if not at the beginning. While this isn't my first DIS event it is the first week long event.....so as @TheMaxRebo pointed out the scenario isn't completely new. Not to say I would have joined Patreon if I had known in advance, but I might have not been as surprised with what I heard on the vlog this afternoon. Hey it is what it is........I'm still excited to meet a bunch of DIS'ers.

i hope we're able to sign up for some of the official events, but i'm just so excited to finally being able to participate in the party, podcast and all the unofficial meets, i'll be fine with whatever happens.....
this whole thing is just so amazing to me..
first that i made it through all my treatments and came out the other side..
and now i'm able to celebrate with my daughter is something that i haven't the words to express my emotions..
and to meet other disers in addition to all that is the icing on the cake for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope we're able to sign up for some of the official events, but i'm just so excited to finally being able to participate in the party, podcast and all the unofficial meets, i'll be fine with whatever happens.....
this whole thing is just so amazing to me..
first that i made it through all my treatments and came out the other side..
and now i'm able to celebrate with my daughter is something that i haven't the words to express my emotions..
and to meet other disers in addition to all that is the icing on the cake for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for helping add some perspective ... Very happy for you and you are right - focus on the positives!

So.....when we booked this trip I had 2 official events I really wanted to do and it looks like we'll get both:

The first was the "Live" show on August 11th. One of my favorite things about the DIS was the GKTW meetups that were held in different locations. My wife and I attended two such events in New Jersey. Those events were so cool because not only did we meet a bunch of DISer's we also got to meet members of the team. I miss those events :o.

The second was a potential meetup at BaseLine Tap House with Ryno, Craig, and Cory...…...well based on the update this one is happening on August 7th from 7pm to 9pm with Ryno…….we'll miss Craig and Cory :sad: (maybe there will be surprise guests....hint...hint).

Our current plans, prior to these announcements have us going back to the Magic Kingdom after our meetup at PoP Century...…….but plans can be adjusted. So if after the Patreon folks get first crack o_O I'm hoping we can get in on this. If we don't...……..we'll go to MK for our 7DMT fastpass and Happily Ever After...……..can't lose either way 8-). The live event is at the Contemporary so that lines up with the fact we're doing MK that day.

So fingers are crossed for Ryno's event...…..

Shaking my head, after our discussion earlier I checked and there was 672 Patreons now there are 690. That means at least 18 people (and their families) signed up likely just to ensure themselves early access to meets.
This feels like it completely defeats rewarding the long term supporters. And means non-Patreon folks have almost no opportunity.
This is just silly games now. I dislike the way this played out.

Shaking my head, after our discussion earlier I checked and there was 672 Patreons now there are 690. That means at least 18 people (and their families) signed up likely just to ensure themselves early access to meets.
This feels like it completely defeats rewarding the long term supporters. And means non-Patreon folks have almost no opportunity.
This is just silly games now. I dislike the way this played out.
That's assuming all 690 are going to the event. I am not so there are 689 or less.

Looks like we’ll be trying to do the Dole Whip at Poly before our Villains event. May try for Ryno at DHS as well since it slots in with our plans to be there anyway.

Now I’m a bit afeared to post this as I don’t want to upset anyone, please don’t @ me, I’m happy for you to think it - but please don’t write it as I am a bit of a sensitive soul

So I tweeted Ryno about the Patreon membership and he said he thought that if I signed up before they events went live I could get early access and I was the 700 member.

In my defence for anyone who thinks I’m a, Jonnie come lately, if I’d had know about the Patreon thing in October I would have joined then.

Also I’m travelling Solo and only want to attend 2 of the other events so I promise I won’t take up much space.

Last edited:
Now I’m a bit afeared to post this as I don’t want to upset anyone, please don’t @ me, I’m happy for you to think it - but please don’t write it as I am a bit of a sensitive soul

So I tweeted Ryno about the Patreon membership and he said the thought that if I signed up before they events went live I could get early access and I was the 700 member.

In my defence for anyone who thinks I’m a, Jonnie come lately, if I’d had know about the Patreon thing in October I would have joined then.

Also I’m travelling Solo and only want to attend 2 of the other events so I promise I won’t take up much space.

to be honest, you're not alone...
i joined up, and when it was final, i saw that another person had to have joined at the same time (probably a few minutes before you took the plunge) as the total number of members had gone up by two......
like you, this is sort of a once in a lifetime event for us..
and like you, we're flying from very far away, so we've already invested a rather pretty penny....a few more isn't going to make a difference to the bottom line..

and truth is, i'm not sure if this will help, as there are a lot of members and only a few events..

whatever....it will be fine..
whatever we do, we do.....whatever we don't, we don't... (the mantra that's needed whenever WDW is involved..)
as i said before, just meeting other disers is fun and exciting....
so if it works out that way, i'll be ok with it....even after taking the plunge :)

whatever....it will be fine..
whatever we do, we do.....whatever we don't, we don't... (the mantra that's needed whenever WDW is involved..)
as i said before, just meeting other disers is fun and exciting....
so if it works out that way, i'll be ok with it....even after taking the plunge :)

You’re right and I will also have another opportunity to meet a few of them when they’re over in London in October.

Also I am very excited about meeting all the Dissers, as I spend so much time on here chatting to you all know, I can’t wait for the IRL experience.

Are we the only ones in this group who don't plan out every moment of our trip? No ADRs. Probably no FPs. Not a clue which parks we will be in which days.

I know that a lot of you enjoy the whole spreadsheet and planning thing but it's not for us. We are fortunate in that we get to go to Disney every year, sometimes more than once, so we are perfectly happy to wing it. If we don't get to see something on a trip, we know we can see it next time. There is very rarely a "must do" for us. There are things we hope to get to but if we don't, it certainly doesn't ruin our vacation.

We make it up as we go. We will usually go on the night before and book FPs for the next day once we know which park we are going to, which depends on what we've already done, the weather, how we're feeling, etc. But that's about the extent of our planning.

I'm just like you. I go 4 to 8 times a year, some trips are just for a day. I haven't done a FP in years and as for ADR's, I usually make them the same day, maybe a day before. I was there at the Contemporary last Wednesday before I flew up to New Jersey for my Dad's funeral and then I stayed at Yacht Club from Sunday through yesterday. I didn't even make the Yacht Club reservation until Sat when I heard the weather report for NJ was rain all week so I came back early. I made an ADR for the Yacht Club Steak House on Sunday when I arrived.

Ok, got your info added to the first page!

**** Hoop Dee Doo Wait List ****

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check to see if I have everyone that had expressed interest in Hoop Dee Doo but currently doesn't have a spot within the ADRs made so far - and thus would be on "wait list"

So far I have:
- @DanielleC
- @Skip3key and DW

and then for currently in Tier 2 but would prefer moving to tier 1:
- @SG131

am I missing anyone?

Thanks

**** /end Hoop Dee Doo Wait List ****

Yep, I'm on the wait list

Shut Mother Blanche's Parlour Door!!
I just found out Gay Days isn't in June, it's in August this year! Right after the DIS meet!! Aug 13-19! Gah..... I'm going to miss it! https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-gay-days.htm

Well.... at least I know what I'm going to wear on Monday! (RedShirt and Rainbows, my friends!)

There are two (2) "Gay Days" weekends this year in Orlando. The 1st weekend in June is the traditional weekend and the August weekend is the 3rd weekend. Gay Days has traditionally been held in June because that was when the Stonewall Riots occurred in NYC and that event started the LGBTQ movement in the US. I think, I may be incorrect, the August event is promoted by someone who trademarked or copyrighted the name Gay Days and it's part of the LGBTQ party circuit.

**** SCHEDULE UPDATE WITH OFFICIAL EVENTS!!! ****

This post is to let you know I have updated the first page post with the official events that have been announced so far. I have also updated the spreadsheet attached there and pasted in an image of the spreadsheet below to give people an idea

For the most part, the Official Events do not conflict with too many of our *Un*Official events, but there are some. Let me know if we should look to move any of the *Un*Official ones - for example, the Dole Whip event with Steve and Makayla overlaps with the planned Bar Crawl event - theoretically we could move the crawl earlier or later if a lot of people want to do both .... though obviously no way to set it up so everyone can do everything

Dreams 20th Schedule Image - as of June 19th.jpg

Thumbnail to expand
Dreams 20th Schedule Image - as of June 19th.jpg

Let me know of any questions

Thanks,
Phil

****/END SCHEDULE UPDATE WITH OFFICIAL EVENTS!!! ****

Last edited:
For Wed Aug 7: I'm still planning on doing YeeHaw Bob @ 8pm POR. At the moment, the only thing that would definitely pull me into the parks is Star Wars preview.

For Thus Aug 8: Meeting up at the Poly would be easier for me. Considering the DoleWhip party, we could meet up at Trader Sams @ 4pm for pre-party. It's all ages at that time, so no worries on bringing the kiddos. Of course, I don't want to sway folks that are keen on the SkyCrawl! I'm leaving by 6pm for DAK, regardless of where we end up socializing. So y'all do what's best!

For Sat. Aug. 10: Looks like there's no major competing event for Pandora Pre-Party, so let's say that "Get Your Glow" party is a go. I'll start working in earnest, and co-hosts are more than welcome! Just send me a PM! :cutie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter