*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I guess “down” isn’t quite the right word but definitely unavailable. In addition, the restrooms on that level are closed which is a pain since that’s where the restaurants and bar are located.

there definitely are some things that need attention (the monorails continue to be one of them) but I did also notice some things fixed that were broken in the past so they are getting to stuff, just not as quickly as would be ideal

But with all the new stuff being built and all the entrances and other things being reworked and the gondola project and some of the road work - it does feel like a lot of "construction zone" going on all at once. I think the finished product will be great but some "no magical" views at times

As I write this I'm still overwhelmed by the past week. Not just with the whirlwind of events we had happening, but with the kindness and acceptance that all of you showed me was truly astonishing.

I especially want and need to thank some of you. Sorry, I am horrible with names and I didn't remember a few of them but I did remember your name on here. My heartfelt thanks goes out to SG131, 115belladonna, Idaho Mouse, his wife & kids, Brian, Jenny, Kay-Marie, Kathleen, Katherine, Kate, Nicole, Pam, Phil and Judi, Krista/Tiggerette and Steve, his wife & daughter. And there is one guy I'm missing. But thanks to him too, LOL. You are all truly amazing.

It was very nice to meet you and spend some time with you - I am glad you had a good time!

I am writing this as we are getting ready to check out and head home and am a bit emotional about it all (still probably coming off the emotional whirlwind of watching Illuminations for the last time last night - so that is not helping)

Just wanted to say a huge "THANK YOU!" to everyone who participated in this thread and came to the event and that I was able to meet and spend time with. As great as it was to attend the party, see the podcast, meet the team, I think a true highlight of these events is getting to meet, in person, people that we only know via our keyboards. As Kathy fro the DIS team says, the DIS makes your world bigger and smaller at the same time. I got to spend time with people from all across the country and even from overseas - like from London, Germany, and even Canada!!! (little Hoop Dee Doo joke)

I truly hope everyone enjoyed themselves and that having some *UN*Official events created a bit more fun and magic for you all.

Now to plan the next one! As the saying goes, "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!!!"

I have 1 unopened bottle of Yellowtail Riesling wine and 2 unopened one gallon jugs of water.

Let me know if you want to come get them at the Poly, and I'll put them in a bag at the Front Desk/bell services in your name!

I missed the first 10 minutes of the show today, but I watched it when it was posted and I loved your dress on Sat night!!

As I write this I'm still overwhelmed by the past week. Not just with the whirlwind of events we had happening, but with the kindness and acceptance that all of you showed me was truly astonishing.

I especially want and need to thank some of you. Sorry, I am horrible with names and I didn't remember a few of them but I did remember your name on here. My heartfelt thanks goes out to SG131, 115belladonna, Idaho Mouse, his wife & kids, Brian, Jenny, Kay-Marie, Kathleen, Katherine, Kate, Nicole, Pam, Phil and Judi, Krista/Tiggerette and Steve, his wife & daughter. And there is one guy I'm missing. But thanks to him too, LOL. You are all truly amazing.

I enjoyed our dinner together. It was great meeting you.

me too - when I first got home on Monday i was soooo glad to be home with my pups. I said "I'm not going back anytime soon." Well, now... now I'm thinking about when my next trip will take place. I really think a reunion is in order.

I was very excited as today in the mail came our confirmation packet from Disney for our next trip (this time we are bringing the kids ;) ) ... we are going in February when the kids have break for Presidents Day - actually can start booking dining (and I guess the Galaxy's Edge stuff) on Monday already!

I don't know when we're coming again - but it won't be in August, that's for sure.

We all agreed that if the DIS does another August event, we will come for the event but plan to not do much park time. The past couple of weeks have been simply gross here.
We tried to tour in the evenings and nights and it was still bad. Pool time at resort was constantly cut short for lightning.

We tried to tour in the evenings and nights and it was still bad. Pool time at resort was constantly cut short for lightning.
Yep. It got a bit less hot (cool would be overselling it) at night but the humidity was just as bad or worse. And it stormed every single day, which is normal. We managed to use our pool on 3 days of our trip so that wasn't too bad. We spent about an hour in there yesterday.

I was very excited as today in the mail came our confirmation packet from Disney for our next trip (this time we are bringing the kids ;) ) ... we are going in February when the kids have break for Presidents Day - actually can start booking dining (and I guess the Galaxy's Edge stuff) on Monday already!
We are in process for a DVC contract. Not sure if we will use it next year or wait till '21. Still fun and keeps the "magic" going.

We got our Welcome Home trip scheduled for the first week of February. Will miss you by just a few days. Schedule your Oga’s Cantina first. Seems to book up pretty fast! Of course, we had to schedule light sabers and a droid as well.....not sure we’ll do it all, but it’s there for now😀

Yep. It got a bit less hot (cool would be overselling it) at night but the humidity was just as bad or worse. And it stormed every single day, which is normal. We managed to use our pool on 3 days of our trip so that wasn't too bad. We spent about an hour in there yesterday.

Yes, you were right, I have acclimated to the weather down here, to me the nights last week were downright cool and comfortable. I'll be looking forward though to needing a sweater in the evenings in November when I go for Food and Wine.

And if anyone wants a bit of company, by all means let me know. I'm only 1:45 away from Disney and I don't mind driving.

I don't know when we're coming again - but it won't be in August, that's for sure.

We all agreed that if the DIS does another August event, we will come for the event but plan to not do much park time. The past couple of weeks have been simply gross here.

I know my next trip will be in 2021 and it definitely won't be in August!!!

I agree with you Steve...if there is another event, there probably won't be park time as it is too hot to do anything fun and have a good time. I probably would be spending time just resort hopping and trying new restaurants...LOL!!!

I agree with you Steve...if there is summer another event, I probably won't do a lot of park time. It too hot to enjoy being outside for any length of time, and I regret not doing more of the unofficial events. An already quick event just got that much more rushed...and overheated. I probably would be spending time just resort hopping and trying new restaurants...LOL!!!
Same here! I limited park time as it was, but still was overheated. Think I would be up for a full resort hop pub crawl or an even long foodie fest....in air conditioning. Hooray, air conditioning!,😂😂

I agree with you Steve...if there is another event, there probably won't be park time as it is too hot to do anything fun and have a good time. I probably would be spending time just resort hopping and trying new restaurants...LOL!!!
Same here! My one regret from this trip was that I managed to still feel rushed and overheated with what I thought was very little planning. I also wish that I had been able to do more of the unofficial and official events....it is just so hard when Disney is all around you.

If these is a future summer event, I would be super interested in a total resort air conditioned pub crawl or a progressive foodie air conditioned event. Notice that one thing keep repeating? Hooray, air conditioning😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!