*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They say plans are made to be changed.;)....they do say that, right?:earboy2:

After watching all the festivities from the first "Villain's After Hour's" party on YouTube, my wife and I have made the momentous (and financially destructive :oops:) decision to attend the final party the evening of August 8th. It just looks like to much to pass up.......yes I'm delirious right now o_O. We cancelled dinner at Mama Melrose (#8 on our list of 8 TS meals) to make this happen. I've rationalized that the $75 we save by NOT doing that TS when you put it to the party makes the party $110 per person.....(I am delirious :P). This will be our 1st (and probably last) after hours party.......kinda psyched :cool1:

Is anyone else attending that event?

Doug :goofy:

Are we the only ones in this group who don't plan out every moment of our trip? No ADRs. Probably no FPs. Not a clue which parks we will be in which days.

I know that a lot of you enjoy the whole spreadsheet and planning thing but it's not for us. We are fortunate in that we get to go to Disney every year, sometimes more than once, so we are perfectly happy to wing it. If we don't get to see something on a trip, we know we can see it next time. There is very rarely a "must do" for us. There are things we hope to get to but if we don't, it certainly doesn't ruin our vacation.

We make it up as we go. We will usually go on the night before and book FPs for the next day once we know which park we are going to, which depends on what we've already done, the weather, how we're feeling, etc. But that's about the extent of our planning.

After watching all the festivities from the first "Villain's After Hour's" party on YouTube, my wife and I have made the momentous (and financially destructive :oops:) decision to attend the final party the evening of August 8th. It just looks like to much to pass up.......yes I'm delirious right now o_O. We cancelled dinner at Mama Melrose (#8 on our list of 8 TS meals) to make this happen. I've rationalized that the $75 we save by NOT doing that TS when you put it to the party makes the party $110 per person.....(I am delirious :P). This will be our 1st (and probably last) after hours party.......kinda psyched :cool1:

I think I am. I went to a normal after hours event and it was AMAZING!! This can only be better. I did watch a few Dis and other Youtuber videos on it and it looks like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I have to wait to see how much I can afford, but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.

@czechplz Unfortunately, I can't go to Universal until the 12th. But that definitely means I'll be going to the Pop Welcome Event. @TheMaxRebo you can take me off.

Still don't know what I'm going to do with which parks I'm going to, let alone FPs that are tomorrow. I really think I'm going to take my chances and wait until after the Dis team announces their events. That is my priority, and I have several other trips this year, so that is when I can ride all the BEST ones.

@czechplz Unfortunately, I can't go to Universal until the 12th. But that definitely means I'll be going to the Pop Welcome Event. @TheMaxRebo you can take me off.
Still don't know what I'm going to do with which parks I'm going to, let alone FPs that are tomorrow. I really think I'm going to take my chances and wait until after the Dis team announces their events. That is my priority, and I have several other trips this year, so that is when I can ride all the BEST ones.
Anyone want to join me for dinner at the Rainforest Cafe at 9:15pm the night of the party? The restaurant is open until 10, so I think we can linger a bit there, and it's right next to the front entrance. I have 7 spots open as Kate Davies has already claimed a spot. @TheMaxRebo can you put this on the calendar?

Ok, I took you off the list for Universal and added in the pre-party dinner at Rianforest Cafe to the post on the first page and to the excel spreadsheet

Is it too late to add ourselves to the list of where we're staying? We're going to be at Pop 8/6-8/13. Myself, DD 17 and her best friend 14. We would like to attend the Pop Welcome party on 8/7.

Never too late! Added you to the Pop list and to the welcome party! :Welcome:

Are we the only ones in this group who don't plan out every moment of our trip? No ADRs. Probably no FPs. Not a clue which parks we will be in which days.

I know that a lot of you enjoy the whole spreadsheet and planning thing but it's not for us. We are fortunate in that we get to go to Disney every year, sometimes more than once, so we are perfectly happy to wing it. If we don't get to see something on a trip, we know we can see it next time. There is very rarely a "must do" for us. There are things we hope to get to but if we don't, it certainly doesn't ruin our vacation.

We make it up as we go. We will usually go on the night before and book FPs for the next day once we know which park we are going to, which depends on what we've already done, the weather, how we're feeling, etc. But that's about the extent of our planning.

Yup, you are the only ones!!!

Well, I am sure not really, though as a thread about planning for the event I am sure the people posting and the posts they are posting are weighted towards those that are planners

I stress without plans (when my wife plans trips there are no plans and while everyone else is just relaxing I am super stressed because we don't have plans and I don't know what is coming next)

We don't plan every minute or anything and we do adjust on the fly as needed/allow for spur of the moment things. I just like have a basic framework of the day and it helps me be more efficient by planning for things that are geographically near each other in an order that makes sense

And I don't think we have any "must dos" - we just have a number of "nice ot haves" and if a bit of planning increases the chances of doing the "nice to haves", why not?

Yup, you are the only ones!!!

Well, I am sure not really, though as a thread about planning for the event I am sure the people posting and the posts they are posting are weighted towards those that are planners

I stress without plans (when my wife plans trips there are no plans and while everyone else is just relaxing I am super stressed because we don't have plans and I don't know what is coming next)

We don't plan every minute or anything and we do adjust on the fly as needed/allow for spur of the moment things. I just like have a basic framework of the day and it helps me be more efficient by planning for things that are geographically near each other in an order that makes sense

And I don't think we have any "must dos" - we just have a number of "nice ot haves" and if a bit of planning increases the chances of doing the "nice to haves", why not?
Yeah I like to have a framework too. I don’t do detailed touring plans and will go with the flow if things change. For me it’s just nice have a starting point. Fine tuning the plans (aka changing constantly) is also something I find fun so it helps fill in the time prior to a trip! I do love a good spreadsheet.

if we weren't going to the DVC event the same night, i'm sure we would go for the after hours party....
i've heard they're totally awesome..
maybe next time..

we do plan, but then we change things on the fly...
we like to have a starting point, but what our day ends up being sometimes bears no resemblance at all to the original plan.

as for must dos..
you'd probably laugh if you saw my FPs for our 3 days at AK....
all 3 days i have the same 2 FPs....
which ones?
no, not EE....not KS....definitely not FOP....
give up?
Finding Nemo the Musical and Festival of the Lion King...

and we try to see FOLK several times each day in the park..
for me, those two shows are worth the price of admission to all of WDW...
so yeah, they are most definitely must dos....and as often as possible...

Finding Nemo the Musical and Festival of the Lion King...

and we try to see FOLK several times each day in the park..
for me, those two shows are worth the price of admission to all of WDW...
I agree that those are the best shows around. We do Nemo pretty much every trip and Lion King at least every other. They aren't hard to get FPs for typically so we'll just do those when we're there.

I agree that those are the best shows around. We do Nemo pretty much every trip and Lion King at least every other. They aren't hard to get FPs for typically so we'll just do those when we're there.

yes, we get on the fly FPs when we're in the parks...
either changing those we have or adding on once we've done the first three..

it's funny, when i started doing the FPs on friday, i thought that there wasn't anything i really wanted/needed an FP for at AK...
then i saw nemo and folk on the list and actually did a forehead slap..
how could i forget??????????????????????????????
yes, i know they're easy to get on the same day and they're also easy to just go standby, but i have to be SURE that i'll see them at least once each time we're in the park...

i think those 2 shows are my only must dos....but i'm probably forgetting something

yes, we get on the fly FPs when we're in the parks...
either changing those we have or adding on once we've done the first three..

it's funny, when i started doing the FPs on friday, i thought that there wasn't anything i really wanted/needed an FP for at AK...
then i saw nemo and folk on the list and actually did a forehead slap..
how could i forget??????????????????????????????
yes, i know they're easy to get on the same day and they're also easy to just go standby, but i have to be SURE that i'll see them at least once each time we're in the park...

i think those 2 shows are my only must dos....but i'm probably forgetting something

I definitely agree that Folk is a must see. My family loves it and we have to see it every time we are in the park. We actually planning to go to AK the afternoon of the party mainly for that purpose We got FPs 2:30. Also got FP for Dinosaur. Depending on the how time goes we might do something else before we have to go to dinner at ALK.

I only have the 3 days with my parents really planned. Then 1 other day I have an ADR. Other than that, it's winging it. I may book some fastpasses, but won't care if I use them or not.

Just posted on FB, but can add us to this thread too! Angie and Eva at WL copper creek Aug 8-11... will be at DVC MM that night... down for any bar crawl... please add to waitlist for hoop de doo... and though we weren’t able to get into the Pandora Party (too late)... would like to hang at pre-party stuff at bar!

I usually am one for spreadsheets, plan pretty much every minute...but with this trip, it is just me. Yes, I did make FP+ reservations...there are a couple of things that are must-do's for me, there is really only one day that I have planned out (only because I got an ADR for Storybook Dining), but once I get my FP+'s out of the way, it is a wing it kind of day.

I am one to use up my FP's early in the morning, that way if there are any left after those are done, I see what I can do. (but that is a normal trip with friends along)...with a solo trip, it may be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!