*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am. I went to a normal after hours event and it was AMAZING!! This can only be better. I did watch a few Dis and other Youtuber videos on it and it looks like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I have to wait to see how much I can afford, but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.

I did the regular After Hours and loved it, more than likely will do this, but I haven't bought the tix just yet. The stage show I can probably do without since I saw it on Tim's and on The Dis reviews. I definitely want to see the Dragon and well during the one food review, I heard the Beastie Boys playing in the background, so that's a plus !!!

I think I am. I went to a normal after hours event and it was AMAZING!! This can only be better. I did watch a few Dis and other Youtuber videos on it and it looks like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I have to wait to see how much I can afford, but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.
I did the regular After Hours and loved it, more than likely will do this, but I haven't bought the tix just yet. The stage show I can probably do without since I saw it on Tim's and on The Dis reviews. I definitely want to see the Dragon and well during the one food review, I heard the Beastie Boys playing in the background, so that's a plus !!!
Oh and if Space Mountain is the same as the one during MNSSHP, which it appears to be, that's the deciding factor

Just as an FYI, last night I read the below full review of the event from BlogMickey and their thought is that it came off as trying to be 2 things which took away from it being a really good version of either. Their key message is you need to have a plan going in and not try to do everything. The main reason most people do the after hours events is to get on a lot of rides with low wait times and that by having the Villains stuff it can be a distraction from that.

A few tips they had:
- wait on doing Space Mountain as that had a really long line initially and actually was still clearing out the line from regular day guests. They went there first and wound up waiting an hour but later in the night the line was much, much shorter
- They do the stage show at 1am and then Malificent the dragon comes out after it (at like 1:20am) so if you wait to see those then you can still get in the full 3 hours of ride time with low waits and see the special stuff
- The overlays to Pirates and Space Mountain are largely the same as what they did last year during MNSSHP - which most people were underwhelmed with

http://blogmickey.com/2019/06/disney-villains-after-hours-review-at-magic-kingdom/

Just an FYI that a new experience is coming to Animal Kingdom starting July 11th - and FP will be offered for it, can start booking those later today

They will be adding the Animation Experience out at Rafiki's Planet Watch which will offer "guests the opportunity to learn how live animals have inspired some of the most iconic characters from this beloved “tail.” You’ll learn more about some of the animals who call the park home and then have the chance to create a personalized piece of Disney art through an instructor-led animation class. As you’d expect, some of your favorite characters from “The Lion King” will be the stars of The Animation Experience"

http://blogmickey.com/2019/06/the-a...ion-begins-july-11-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

I will be staying at Pop Century the 9th-12th. it will just be me, this will be my first solo trip to Disney!
Just posted on FB, but can add us to this thread too! Angie and Eva at WL copper creek Aug 8-11... will be at DVC MM that night... down for any bar crawl... please add to waitlist for hoop de doo... and though we weren’t able to get into the Pandora Party (too late)... would like to hang at pre-party stuff at bar!
Please include me in the All-Star Movies list. I'll be there 8/6 - 8/11. Thanks! :)

Ok, got your info added to the first page!

**** Hoop Dee Doo Wait List ****

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check to see if I have everyone that had expressed interest in Hoop Dee Doo but currently doesn't have a spot within the ADRs made so far - and thus would be on "wait list"

So far I have:
- @DanielleC
- @Skip3key and DW

and then for currently in Tier 2 but would prefer moving to tier 1:
- @SG131

am I missing anyone?

Thanks

**** /end Hoop Dee Doo Wait List ****

I think I am. I went to a normal after hours event and it was AMAZING!! This can only be better.

We went to the Villains DAH last week. I disagree with your assumption having done both now with one exception... If you care more about the theming and the add ons (stage show, snacks for purchase, photopass, etc.) then yes, otherwise no.

You will not be able to do all the rides and you definitely will not get multiple experiences on rides like regular DAH. We queued for 30 minutes for both Space Mountain and Mine Train, for example. The crowds were much greater than DAH (could have been because it was the very first with lots of vloggers). I found the stage show pretty mediocre although Maleficient parading down Main Street was quite cool! Do the final stage show as it comes after park close and won't cut into your ride time!

We are happy we did it but would not do it again unless reports the crowds have gotten more like original DAH.

Just as an FYI, last night I read the below full review of the event from BlogMickey and their thought is that it came off as trying to be 2 things which took away from it being a really good version of either. Their key message is you need to have a plan going in and not try to do everything. The main reason most people do the after hours events is to get on a lot of rides with low wait times and that by having the Villains stuff it can be a distraction from that.

A few tips they had:
- wait on doing Space Mountain as that had a really long line initially and actually was still clearing out the line from regular day guests. They went there first and wound up waiting an hour but later in the night the line was much, much shorter
- They do the stage show at 1am and then Malificent the dragon comes out after it (at like 1:20am) so if you wait to see those then you can still get in the full 3 hours of ride time with low waits and see the special stuff
- The overlays to Pirates and Space Mountain are largely the same as what they did last year during MNSSHP - which most people were underwhelmed with

http://blogmickey.com/2019/06/disney-villains-after-hours-review-at-magic-kingdom/

I agree totally, you either need to decide if you are riding or going to participate in the "events". Pirates during MNSSHP was eh, didn't impress me or make me seek it out for this After Hours. I loved Space Mountain in the pitch black, I have never heard everyone in the car scream like they did.

I agree with waiting as they are trying to cycle the day guests through Space before the change over. What i noticed when I did the After Hours in February was they took Space and Splash down around 9pm, was it coincidence or strategic planning, one will never know.

I am not sure why people are buying specialty food items, when popcorn, mickey bars/other ice cream products, and beverages are free.

A few tips they had:

One thing at least 2 to 3 people mentioned in reviews of the 1st event was the hosted bloggers were able to use the fp line for at least some of the rides so depending on how many went at a time that'll skew things. Also they had a roped off section for one of the stage shows. We know it sold out but don't know if the hosted bloggers were included in that or not. I think the next couple will give us a better impression of how it'll be.

If I watch the stage show it'll be the last at 1am when the party is done. I am a bit bummed that it's a bit more crazy in the hub and never gets empty as that was part of what I wanted but I figure this is better than no DAH. To me the other parks don't offer enough rides for me to want to do it. I've also had great success at mvmcp and getting all I wanted to do done and more so I'm confident it'll still be good.

Are we the only ones in this group who don't plan out every moment of our trip? No ADRs. Probably no FPs. Not a clue which parks we will be in which days.

I know that a lot of you enjoy the whole spreadsheet and planning thing but it's not for us. We are fortunate in that we get to go to Disney every year, sometimes more than once, so we are perfectly happy to wing it. If we don't get to see something on a trip, we know we can see it next time. There is very rarely a "must do" for us. There are things we hope to get to but if we don't, it certainly doesn't ruin our vacation.

We make it up as we go. We will usually go on the night before and book FPs for the next day once we know which park we are going to, which depends on what we've already done, the weather, how we're feeling, etc. But that's about the extent of our planning.
This is a great post/question. Me personally I enjoy planning. When we first started going to WDW 7 years ago.......I was a big fan of spreadsheets. I also looked to plan out each hour of each day. As I become more experienced in the ways of the Mouse I grew to only plan ADR's and FP's. Because of my background as a system tester I "need" organization and a plan....yeah its an illness :P . When I'm sketching out our ADR's I'm looking at the parks we'll visit and whether we need a hopper for that trip (we've done with and without).....from the moment they're booked I'm maneuvering times and sometimes even restaurants. I plan out the 3 FP's with those ADR's in mind. I usually try to leave plenty of unscheduled time so we can be spontaneous........if one can be spontaneous with scheduled FP's. Today our MDE essentially has ADR's, FP's, and parades and/or fireworks. I do usually leave a mid-day gap for returning to the resort for a break.

Some feel I over plan......maybe I do. We have friends who do WDW on the fly.........we did a trip with them........it was weird for me.......but we still had fun (did our FP's before they got up most days 8-)) In the end to each his/her own.........I view myself as a medium planner It's hard for me to "wing it" and I wish I could......no I don't :sad2:.

Its your vacation........you should do it as you see fit.

Doug :goofy:

Just an FYI that a new experience is coming to Animal Kingdom starting July 11th - and FP will be offered for it, can start booking those later today

They will be adding the Animation Experience out at Rafiki's Planet Watch which will offer "guests the opportunity to learn how live animals have inspired some of the most iconic characters from this beloved “tail.” You’ll learn more about some of the animals who call the park home and then have the chance to create a personalized piece of Disney art through an instructor-led animation class. As you’d expect, some of your favorite characters from “The Lion King” will be the stars of The Animation Experience"

http://blogmickey.com/2019/06/the-a...ion-begins-july-11-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/
I just got my FP for this! I spent 10 years of my life as an architectural technologist drawing straight lines on paper with pencil and ink (yes I'm that old!) Now I'll see just how bad I am drawing freehand!:artist:

Thanks for the info. I like stuff like this. I booked FP for August 10th for 4:45 show.

Got us Fastpasses to this! Excited to give something new a try!

i just booked a fastpass for this...sounds interesting!!

Are we the only ones in this group who don't plan out every moment of our trip? No ADRs. Probably no FPs. Not a clue which parks we will be in which days.

I know that a lot of you enjoy the whole spreadsheet and planning thing but it's not for us. We are fortunate in that we get to go to Disney every year, sometimes more than once, so we are perfectly happy to wing it. If we don't get to see something on a trip, we know we can see it next time. There is very rarely a "must do" for us. There are things we hope to get to but if we don't, it certainly doesn't ruin our vacation.

We make it up as we go. We will usually go on the night before and book FPs for the next day once we know which park we are going to, which depends on what we've already done, the weather, how we're feeling, etc. But that's about the extent of our planning.

Nope...you are not the only one. I have no FP's, no idea of what park I will be going into (if any...well, EPCOT for sure for the farewell Illuminations), only a general framework of what happens each day (read: pool time, and good food!). I'm just waiting to find out about the events that the DIS team has planned; it's really the only thing that I have been patiently (not so) waiting for.

@disneysteve and @Lisann your no planning approach is both scary and strange to me and you’re give me anxiety just thinking about it lol :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

I think one year I might try a day without planning; and when I say a day I probably mean half a day, and when I say half a day I’ll probably just set a side an hour for no planning freedom.

Also I have finally got into ‘Connecting with Walt’ I know right where have I been.

In the current episode I’m on, they keep going on about a previous Dis meet and the event they’ve got plan. Its just making me really excited for the trip.

***** UPDATE TO BAR CRAWL - DATE/TIME PROPOSAL *****

Hi all, as we are getting close to FastPass selection day, one "unknown" in my schedule had been when to have the Bar Crawl. Based on the rest of the schedule, I am proposing that we hold it on Thursday, August 8th at "happy Hour" - or around 4:30. I figure this way people can do this and still be able to make dinner plans or get to any evening shows or even get to the DVC Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom if they are doing this

Please let me know if this is ok - obviously hard to find a time that will work for everyone but if there are a ton of people that say this bad then we can try to find something else

Location is still TBD - still hoping it can include the Skyliner but if not, probably Monorail resorts. Idea would to largely focus on location outside of parks so people that aren't using a park ticket that day dont' have to (but could do an in-park bar before or after)

Tagging the people that expressed interest in this so that they see it:
- @TheMaxRebo and wife
- @Cousin Orville
- @disneyholic family (Beth - if she can conquer her fears) and daughter @Mickeymouseisking (Chani)
- @MaryKatesMom and her husband
- @k8Davies
- @dina444444
- @wnwardii
- @SG131
- @3cmom and husband and son (10)
- @gberg
- @WorldExplorer
- @javaman
- @CynthiaC925
- @AMusicLifeForMe and Dad
- @skittles67 and her Husband
- @bartleyosu
- @thiabelle and her daughter
- @rchristiansen and husband
- @Sylver
- @wiihoo888 and her Husband
- @pSTANchio and wife
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @Dennis McEwen
- @Braddy007 and wife
- @Bedsypoppins and husband
- @disneysteve and wife and daughter
- @PamNC
- @NWasikWare and sister
- @met19
- @travelinjenn and Husband and Daughter (17)
- @DanielleC
- @Idaho Mouse and wife and kids
- @jennie622

Thanks!!!

***** /end UPDATE TO BAR CRAWL - DATE/TIME PROPOSAL *****
Hi! Please remove us from the bar crawl! Thanks!

This discussion about how much you plan or don't plan for a WDW is interesting. Over the past several years, since I started visiting both WDW and Disneyland again, I have really grown more an affinity for Disneyland over WDW. The primary reason is that you don't have to plan your entire trip out so far in advance. When I go to Disneyland, I make a few dining reservations for my trip. But that is only around the 45 day mark and not the 6 months in advance. I never used the legacy FP system until I started going back to Disneyland. At first I was perplexed. But now with Maxpass, I really like this at Disneyland. Overall, my Disneyland trips are more relaxed and feel like a vacation since I can be more "what do I feel like next" and I don't have to do all the uber planning and get the FOMO feeling. Don't get me wrong, I still love WDW and will continue to go. But if given a choice, I would choose Disneyland in a heart beat now just because I don't have to uber plan to feel like I had a good time. Just wish I didn't have to fly across the U.S. to get to Disneyland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!