*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone, if you are coming to the 20 Years of Dreams Event you can drop off items from the GKTW wish list. The list is below. I will deliver the items to GKTW after the event. We will also be offering handmade Forky's for sale. They will be $5.00 each. The money will go to Give Kids The World. We are planning on having 100 of them for sale. If you have any questions, send me an email to kathyw@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com Thank you.

Gift-Giving Program
All gifts must be new and in
original packaging:
• Batteries – AAA
• Disposable cameras
• Autograph Books
• Crayons (small boxes)
• Gifts for children of all ages (with
batteries)
• Board Games
• Hand Held Games
• Travel Games
• Teenage Gifts
• MP3 Players
• Wii games (rated E)
Village Entertainment
& Family Programs

• AA, AAA, and 9V batteries
• Video Services
• Small prizes/toys (non-candy)
• Birthday gifts for children of all ages
• 1/4” x 12” wooden dowels
• Pipe Cleaners
• Sunscreen
• Insect repellent
• Movies (G or PG rated on DVD
and Blu Ray Disc)
• Rain Ponchos
• Wheelchairs (adult and child size)
• Disposable Cutlery
• Pillow Cases for Wish Pillows
(pattern will be provided)
• Gift Cards for material - Joann
Fabrics, Visa, MC
• Xbox One games (rated E, E10+ or T)
• Fancy hats and boas for tea parties
Villa Support
• Pressure Washers – Gas Powered
• Treated Lumber – 4x4 x8 Posts
• Cleaning Supplies
• Brooms
• 60 Gallon Trash Liners
• Painting Supplies
• Disposable 1”, 2” and 3” brushes
• Canvas Drop Cloths
• Ladders (any size)
• 6’ & 8’ fiberglass ladders
• Landscaping Supplies
• Rakes – Leaf or Hard Rake
• Shovels – Round long handled
• Hand Cutters and pruners
• Backpack Sprayers
• Pine Bark Nuggets
• Wasp Spray
• Ant bait
Administrative Support
Help keep our administrative
costs down.
• CD Envelopes with plastic window
• Mailing Supplies
• Bubble Wrap
• Peanuts
• 2” Packaging Tape
• Office Supplies
• Scissors
• Paper Clips
• 2 x 2 Post It Notes
• Sharpies
• Highlighters

**** 3-WEEK OUT SCHEDULE REVIEW ***

Hey everyone, so we are 3 weeks out from the official start of the event so thought I would do a check-in to see how everyone was and see if any updates were needed to the schedule and/or if anyone had any updates to be made to the first page posts

Also, I am prepping the schedule tags I will printout and have for everyone - these will have the Facebook group logo on one side and then the below on the other side and a wire keychain so you can clip them to bags, etc.

I know at this point we are still waiting on hearing if the Sushi and Karaoke event is happening and the details for the Patreon event - hopefully details for both as well as timing of the podcast taping are out soon so I can update this and start producing them

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE HERE THAT SHOULD BE UPDATED (@czechplz - I saw a post from you that you may be changing the meeting time/place for the Universal meet ... let me know if that happened or not.

Also note, when I paste it in it shrinks it a bit and when I expand it it gets a bit blurry - the original one is very clear as far as text, etc.

View attachment 418126

Thanks all! Can't believe we are nearly there and super excited for everything!!!!

**** /end 3-WEEK OUT SCHEDULE REVIEW ***
This is Awesome, thanks.

I completely hear you on the luggage. Ballet flats usually win out for me cause they're so versatile/light-weight/compact, even though more thematic shoes are just so much more awesome for the complete look. For example, I've got glitter-red heels, but it's hard for me to justify bringing them just for one outfit! Oh the dilemma!!! **melodramatic swoon on the divan** hehehe...

So very excited for your cowboy/cowgirl bound! :cheer2:

Oh I can remember the days when I used to wear heels to the parks for the day!

MK park hours for the 7th are now til 10! EMH 10 to midnight! Go get SDMT FP's if needed!

I was hoping and am glad they did this. I got an email about my sdmt fp changing from 8-9 to 810-910 and knew that meant a change in hours. I was able to switch it to 9-10 which fits with Ryno's event so much better. And there were other times available. Working on checking other park hours but this is the only one I had been paying attention to.

All events are now sold out except the Ice Cream Social. We have a lot of space left at that meet however we will need to close it out soon so that we can get the final list to Disney. If you're interested in the Ice Cream Social please sign up soon.

FYI just saw this post over on the ‘Official’ page.

I’ve signed up as there will be ice cream, the team and Mickey and Minnie will be in attendance sounds like a fantastic way to spend an afternoon.

Now just wondering what flavours they’ll have, keeping my fingers crossed for mint choc-chip - yummers

MK park hours for the 7th are now til 10! EMH 10 to midnight! Go get SDMT FP's if needed!

I was hoping and am glad they did this. I got an email about my sdmt fp changing from 8-9 to 810-910 and knew that meant a change in hours. I was able to switch it to 9-10 which fits with Ryno's event so much better. And there were other times available. Working on checking other park hours but this is the only one I had been paying attention to.
Thanks for this update. This time change will actually allow my family to enjoy more of the EMH since we are doing the dessert party after the fireworks on the 7th

Its been a while since my last post. Went over the all the events I was on the list for along with ewrtomco and our mother. We need to be removed from the following
  1. Pop Century Welcome event
  2. Trivia
  3. Illumination*
  4. Wonderful World of Animation**
  5. Disney Springs***
Please takes us off the interested list and add us to Victoria Falls list for the Pre Party meet up at AKL on August 10th

*We just got FP+ for August 6th for 9pm viewing.
**We have the Star Wars: Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party at 8pm and then the fireworks at 9:30pm on August 11th.
***August 12th will be my family Disney Springs day. Planning to see Lion King, not sure of the time yet, and have reservation at Raglan Road. Always our last dinner at Disney.

For the Wonderful World of Animation on August 11th wanted to see if we could see if between the dessert party and the fireworks for Star Wars. Checked the website and it told me no times available for that day. Does anyone knows if this show is only on certain days?

After much pondering over our travel schedule and "tiredness" I've decided to add a day. Saturday will be so late that it didn't seem like we'd want to try and pack and check-out while still attending the podcast and starting our drive afterward. Used the Summer room offer and added another day at CSR. No tickets or anything. Hopefully they can keep us in the same room.

Anyone interested in golfing? We have 2 spots open for 9 (Sunrise 9) holes at 8am on August 7th. Please contact me if interested. Any skill level welcome.

**** @WorldExplorer , paging @WorldExplorer ****

In trying to finalize the Hoop Dee Doo Revue payment groups, I have heard from everyone except for @WorldExplorer who I was not able to send a message too, I assume as they do not have enough posts yet

Can you please comment/respond to me so I know if you are still interested in attending with the group or not? We need to finalize how payment will happen

Thanks,

**** /end @WorldExplorer , paging @WorldExplorer ****

Has anyone else here heard about the DVC members dinner package that includes dinner at the Wave and the watching the fireworks from the Top the World lounge? It will be good until December 2nd with some block out dates. I booked it yesterday for the 9th for 6:30 pm to enjoy with my family. So if anyone else is interested and is/are a DVC member you just have to call member services to see what is still available during this time period.

Has anyone else here heard about the DVC members dinner package that includes dinner at the Wave and the watching the fireworks from the Top the World lounge? It will be good until December 2nd with some block out dates. I booked it yesterday for the 9th for 6:30 pm to enjoy with my family. So if anyone else is interested and is/are a DVC member you just have to call member services to see what is still available during this time period.
Pete, along with Theresa, and maybe one or two others, actually did a VLOG about this experience. I don't quite remember the date, but it was probably about 2 months ago. If I recall, I think they all enjoyed it.

FYI - note from Craig about the Sushi and Singing (and hint about Patreon) event

The idea isn't dead, but it will most likely be something that just happens organically instead of a planned event. Many have plans already that night whether it's After Hours or such and I also believe a Patreon meet-up may be happening too. As of now, we plan on being there and having some fun and sushi.

**** 2 WEEK NOTICE!!!!! *****

Hi everyone - we are 2 weeks out form the start of the event!!!!!

Just thought I would post a note of excitement and also ask if people are good with all the events (Official or *Un*Official) or if they have any questions/concerns

I know there were a number of ideas for events posted on the first page of this thread that maybe never got anything super formal set up or a leader stepped up for it, etc. - so if there is any interest in having any of these events, now would be a good time to start formalizing things!

Thanks!!!!

**** /end 2 WEEK NOTICE!!!!! *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter