*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here! I limited park time as it was, but still was overheated. Think I would be up for a full resort hop pub crawl or an even long foodie fest....in air conditioning. Hooray, air conditioning!,😂😂

Same here! My one regret from this trip was that I managed to still feel rushed and overheated with what I thought was very little planning. I also wish that I had been able to do more of the unofficial and official events....it is just so hard when Disney is all around you.

If these is a future summer event, I would be super interested in a total resort air conditioned pub crawl or a progressive foodie air conditioned event. Notice that one thing keep repeating? Hooray, air conditioning😂😂
And somehow I replied twice in the same e-mail...thought the first response deleted. I need coffee...

me too - when I first got home on Monday i was soooo glad to be home with my pups. I said "I'm not going back anytime soon." Well, now... now I'm thinking about when my next trip will take place. I really think a reunion is in order.

I was fine leaving but now I'm ready to go back but I think it's missing all the new friends.than the parks. I did almost everything I wanted to do and more while I was there.

Oh I’d have a heart attack waiting so long to pack! Way too stressful right before I leave!
I still had half an hour to kill before I had to leave! :duck: Sorry for the delayed reply but I just got home from my extended vacation and when I travel I'm not connected to the rest of the world.

Glad it seems that all had such a nice time, especially spending time with friends, old and new, which is always the most important thing, IMHO. And such an awesome amount of money raised for GKTW!!

Guess what I'm doing tonight? I'm going to Disneyworld!!! Actually, I'm off tomorrow and don't have anything to do and was able to get a good rate at Gran Destino. Though I do need to get up and out at 4am on Tuesday to get home by 6 for work. No big deal.
Ah, the life of a local. Someday hopefully.

Enjoy your stay. We fell in love with 3 Bridges while we were there. Can't wait to get back there. We didn't get a chance to check out Dahlia unfortunately due to the power outage and we just never got over there again the rest of the trip.

As I write this I'm still overwhelmed by the past week. Not just with the whirlwind of events we had happening, but with the kindness and acceptance that all of you showed me was truly astonishing.

I especially want and need to thank some of you. Sorry, I am horrible with names and I didn't remember a few of them but I did remember your name on here. My heartfelt thanks goes out to SG131, 115belladonna, Idaho Mouse, his wife & kids, Brian, Jenny, Kay-Marie, Kathleen, Katherine, Kate, Nicole, Pam, Phil and Judi, Krista/Tiggerette and Steve, his wife & daughter. And there is one guy I'm missing. But thanks to him too, LOL. You are all truly amazing.
It was great to meet you too! Glad you could make it out to the event. It was so nice to get to meet so many disney fans like myself!

Quick trip to Orlando and back. It was fun and not exhausting. Went to Epcot, had dinner at Rose and Crown but passed on Illuminations. I saw it in June for my last time. The score holds a special place in my heart, I used it for a video to promote the convention I did in 2017 in Orlando.

R&C was good but I was disappointed in the menu selections. My ex is English, her mother is from England so I kind of know English food. I don't like a scotch egg, I don't like most sausage, so Bangers and Mash is out, Shepherds Pie is boring to me. The hard part of this trip was getting up this morning at 3am to come home. I'm looking forward to 5pm today, lol, so I can get some sleep.

Quick trip to Orlando and back. It was fun and not exhausting. Went to Epcot, had dinner at Rose and Crown but passed on Illuminations. I saw it in June for my last time. The score holds a special place in my heart, I used it for a video to promote the convention I did in 2017 in Orlando.

R&C was good but I was disappointed in the menu selections. My ex is English, her mother is from England so I kind of know English food. I don't like a scotch egg, I don't like most sausage, so Bangers and Mash is out, Shepherds Pie is boring to me. The hard part of this trip was getting up this morning at 3am to come home. I'm looking forward to 5pm today, lol, so I can get some sleep.

sorry you found it disappointing ... I went with the scotch egg and bangers and mash and found them both to be solid (but obviously wouldn't help you lol).

It's definitely not the most exhaustive men there but I thought what they have is done pretty well (and was actually pleasantly surprised with the dessert trio they did with the dining package)

R&C was good but I was disappointed in the menu selections.
Sorry you were disappointed. We've never eaten there but the food doesn't really appeal to us either. I've looked at the menu from time to time and it just isn't stuff either of us care for. We like the look and vibe of the place and have been there for a drink but never for a meal.

Never eaten a meal there (or Nine Dragons or any of the Mexican places either) but I have booked it (and the others) several times. Something else always appealed to me more in the end, and won out with all these places. Especially since Biergarten is always a "must do" for me, as is Tangierine Cafe (for lunch or dinner).

Kate was rather disappointed in their beer selection and said what they were passing off as British beer most Brits wouldn't buy unless they were desperate!

I love that it's so easy to go online and read all of the menus before choosing a place to eat
Kate was rather disappointed in their beer selection and said what they were passing off as British beer most Brits wouldn't buy unless they were desperate!
That's often true of "foreign" beer selections in the US because the stuff the locals in other countries typically drink may not be exported. So Americans only get the ones that do get shipped out.

Oh it was hilarious to hear my mother in law er, uh, "comment" on Rose and Crown. It's obvious that it has been "Americanized" a bit. And Steve's correct, a lot isn't imported in the first place. I went only because at one point they had roast beef with Yorkshire pudding which I love. I settled for fish and chips.

Last edited:
Never eaten a meal there (or Nine Dragons or any of the Mexican places either) but I have booked it (and the others) several times. Something else always appealed to me more in the end, and won out with all these places. Especially since Biergarten is always a "must do" for me, as is Tangierine Cafe (for lunch or dinner).

Through the years I've eaten at every restaurant in World Showcase except Morocco. Like I said in another post, it's all somewhat Americanized. Mexico has a strip steak and while it's good, to me that isn't Mexican. I live in a Florida county that is one of the largest domestic sources of tomatoes in the US so we have a lot of Mexicans here. There's a place one town north (Palmetto) that has a number of real Mexican restaurants. One has been here since 1975 and does excellent Mexican food and no strip steak, just good home cooking.

just got back to israel this morning (after our 11 hour flight from orlando - 2 hours faster than the other direction!! woo hoo!!!!!!!!)

Chani and i had an extra 8 days in WDW after the event and they were super magical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, august is HOT, but that's pretty much the only time we can go, so we've learned to live with it (and carry a washcloth around to wipe my face every two seconds)..

everything was fantastic.. we did some outstanding tours, special ticket events, and regular park going....
not to forget some really yummy eating!!

can't wait to go back, though i'm not sure when that will be (other than for sure it will be in the summer)..
but since we're DVC, i know we will eventually!!

it was great meeting those of you i met, but i'm so sorry that there were some of you i somehow missed....
hopefully, i'll have an opportunity at the next event!!

just got back to israel this morning (after our 11 hour flight from orlando - 2 hours faster than the other direction!! woo hoo!!!!!!!!)

Chani and i had an extra 8 days in WDW after the event and they were super magical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, august is HOT, but that's pretty much the only time we can go, so we've learned to live with it (and carry a washcloth around to wipe my face every two seconds)..

everything was fantastic.. we did some outstanding tours, special ticket events, and regular park going....
not to forget some really yummy eating!!

can't wait to go back, though i'm not sure when that will be (other than for sure it will be in the summer)..
but since we're DVC, i know we will eventually!!

it was great meeting those of you i met, but i'm so sorry that there were some of you i somehow missed....
hopefully, i'll have an opportunity at the next event!!

It was a pleasure meeting you and your daughter at the Nomad Lounge event. Discussions concerning politics should always be so civil and informative. Hope to see you again........at the next event!!

Doug :goofy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts