Unable to Cancel Reservation On-line

emchen

Let's Discover*!
DVC Gold
This has happened to me more than once. I would end up having to get MS involved through chat during work hours. This is a hassle because I want to be able to do things after 6pm PST after I come home from work. Am I doing something wrong? I would go through the "cancel the reservation" link and be shown the "Seven Dwarfs Screen" message. Has anyone else had this issue?

Spans over weeks, actually can’t remember when the last time I successfully cancelled on line.

If you aren't trying to beat a deadline (for banking or avoiding hold status, etc.), send MS an email with relevant details. They should be able to handle it for you and you can check online the next day to make sure everything ended up as you expected.

Have you tried different devices. My computer uses chrome, but my iPad uses safari. Often one devices works when another does not.

Have you tried different devices. My computer uses chrome, but my iPad uses safari. Often one devices works when another does not.
Yes, no bueno.

If you aren't trying to beat a deadline (for banking or avoiding hold status, etc.), send MS an email with relevant details. They should be able to handle it for you and you can check online the next day to make sure everything ended up as you expected.

While the website has improved over the years, it still has issues that pop up on occasion. With experience you will find work-arounds.
:earsboy: Bill
Yes, I am finding that out...but I would really like to just be able to do the cancellation myself. Perhaps it has to do with borrowing from 2020 UY? That's all I can think of as a reason.

.....(snip)...... I would really like to just be able to do the cancellation myself. Perhaps it has to do with borrowing from 2020 UY? That's all I can think of as a reason.

No, that shouldn't matter. There has to be something "stuck" in your device or in your account. When you talk to MS, ask them if there is anything they can see that isn't right with your account.. If not, maybe someone in IT can look into it for you. Good luck!

This has happened to me more than once. I would end up having to get MS involved through chat during work hours. This is a hassle because I want to be able to do things after 6pm PST after I come home from work. Am I doing something wrong? I would go through the "cancel the reservation" link and be shown the "Seven Dwarfs Screen" message. Has anyone else had this issue?

Is this VGC reservations? I'm guessing maybe since you're west coast?

If so, I've discovered a quirk of the system. Or maybe I should say another quirk of the system.

What I've had happen on at least 3 or 4 VGC reservations is the system removes my email at some point after the initial reservation is made. After calling in once to cancel because it kept erroring out online I was perturbed the next time and went in to see what happened when I modified or tried to do anything else other than cancel. And that's when I found the required email field was blank. I filled in the email, saved the modification and then VOILA! I could finally cancel.

Is this VGC reservations? I'm guessing maybe since you're west coast?

If so, I've discovered a quirk of the system. Or maybe I should say another quirk of the system.

What I've had happen on at least 3 or 4 VGC reservations is the system removes my email at some point after the initial reservation is made. After calling in once to cancel because it kept erroring out online I was perturbed the next time and went in to see what happened when I modified or tried to do anything else other than cancel. And that's when I found the required email field was blank. I filled in the email, saved the modification and then VOILA! I could finally cancel.
Validated! Thank you for figuring that out!

Because Disney as a whole, has their IT in shambles.
There has been a serious down turn this year.

I have been getting **** where it cuts the last name down to the first letter, then nothing matches, cant find tickets, cant change reservations since I am no longer the person who made it.

I have had more frustrations with their IT this year than in the last 5 years combined.

Because Disney as a whole, has their IT in shambles.
There has been a serious down turn this year.

I have been getting **** where it cuts the last name down to the first letter, then nothing matches, cant find tickets, cant change reservations since I am no longer the person who made it.

I have had more frustrations with their IT this year than in the last 5 years combined.

That's thankfully one I haven't run into yet. Since they don't allow you to modify a lead name there's no way to fix that other than contacting them someway. I'm not comforted by a system that removes an email but at least it can be fixed online if you know to look at it. Of course it shouldn't be happening at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter