Unable to get DL hotel ressies in November

echo63

Earning My Ears
We're planning a last minute quick trip to DL in November and looking to stay at one of the DL hotels. Hoping to avoid crowds we chose 11/15 - 11/19, a week before Thanksgiving, but no rooms are available at any of the Disney hotels. Does anyone know if there's a special function going on during that week? Thanks.

echo63 said:
We're planning a last minute quick trip to DL in November and looking to stay at one of the DL hotels. Hoping to avoid crowds we chose 11/15 - 11/19, a week before Thanksgiving, but no rooms are available at any of the Disney hotels. Does anyone know if there's a special function going on during that week? Thanks.

I won't be going the same time as you. Im going the 2nd week of Dec and I know someone who tried to book a hotel at the same time and there was NOTHING!!! Usually people who go during the holidays Thanksgiving or Christmas book way in advance so they get they're choice of what they want. I booked my trip in July and wanted to stay at the Best western Park place inn thinking that I would be able to because it was way in advance but they were all sold out. (that's what my travel agent told me) So were staying at the Best Western Anahiem Inn which is great but we wanted to be at the cross walk and that's how close this hotel is. maybe you should try one of the off site hotels, I've heard that some of the good neighbor hotels are soemtimes closer to DL and shorter walking distance than on site hotels. I also think that with the year of a million dreams going on and combine that with the holidays it gets pretty busy. So hopefully you'll find and get what your looking for. :)

You could try to book it for a few nights early into the trip. We arrive on the 18th and the rooms have been totally gone for my dates for a few months, at least when I've checked the DL site to see if anything was still open. I'm expecting a big early Thanksgiving crowd to be in the parks.

I selected my dates based on research that some type of free 1-day tickets given to DVC holders will expire on 11/15, so I was hoping for a lighter crowd from 11/16 till Thanksgiving. I guess there is no such thing as a light crowd day at DL any more.

All the resort hotels have been booked for months! We have the DLH reserved for the 17-22 but I did it way way back at the end of August! Then over a month ago, I found out that we could go down a day earlier and have called DLH every single day to add the night and they are completely sold out. One day last week, they had a suite available that someone had cancelled for $500! but we decided to pass on it and had backup reservations for BWPPI. Finally yesterday, I found that one night on expedia for PP so we still have to switch hotels but at least now, Disney will do it all for us!

Last year, we went the week of Thanksgiving so this year we thought we would go earlier and avoid the big crowds! Guess what, so did a million other people-lol. There are still rooms available for the weekend AFTER the holiday when last year that part of the week was all booked up! Really most of the off property hotels still have rooms so if you want to go and stay off property, you still have plenty of choices. With the monorail down, I am not sure that DLH is going to be a good a choice as it has been in the past!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter