Undercover Tourist Tickets

ssusca

Earning My Ears
Just bought my two park tickets from UT. I had them delivered electronically. How do they work with respect to Hogwarts Express? If I recall, the turnstiles require you to put your park ticket in a machine so it can be scanned, or am I not remembering it correctly?

I had expected that the park tickets would be loaded onto our room key, and was surprised when they couldnt, but, as the poster said above, we just carried them and they scanned them at entry of the HE, each way.

You can add them to the Universal Florida App. Create an account, click on “wallet” then “Add Tickets & Passes”. The app then displays a new barcode that can be used at all turn styles.

The printed paper will scan just fine or u can trade in for normal ticket at guest service when u arrive at park. Or link to UO app and use phone.

I saved a screen shot of the tickets w/ bar code on my phone.

That meant I didn’t need paper but also did NOT need the app (in case internet was an issue). Just open your photo gallery and your ticket is always there.

The Hogwarts entry was no different than the park entrance scanner.

Having said all that, the ticket scanning at Universal if a terrible inconvenient joke. Invariably, someone‘s ticket won’t scan or their finger print won’t work, people need to activate tickets, or, or or...

I saved a screen shot of the tickets w/ bar code on my phone.

That meant I didn’t need paper but also did NOT need the app (in case internet was an issue). Just open your photo gallery and your ticket is always there.

The Hogwarts entry was no different than the park entrance scanner.

Having said all that, the ticket scanning at Universal if a terrible inconvenient joke. Invariably, someone‘s ticket won’t scan or their finger print won’t work, people need to activate tickets, or, or or...

For some reason if u do it this way, the bar code readers will have problems reading it. I tried this method myself and couldn't get the scanner to read and the CM knew exactly what was wrong, she said u took a snapshot of ur bar code didn't ya. Not sure why it doesn't work, maybe protection against someone from taking a pic of ur bar code but we ended up having to manually type in the serial numbers to get it to work. I wouldn't recommend this method unless u dont mind potentially being held up at the scanners.

I tried this method myself and couldn't get the scanner to read... ...Not sure why it doesn't work, maybe protection against someone from taking a pic of ur bar code but we ended up having to manually type in the serial numbers...

Did you take a photo of your phone screen using another camera?
No... that is definitely not going to work. That's like the stories you hear of people trying to photo copy their laptop screens. LOL

I meant you use the 'screen capture' feature of your phone. It just saves whatever is on your screen as an image file. For iPhones and iPads, you press power and the home button at the same time. It is the same image and quality as the Universal App or Undercover digital ticket.

The other trick is to make sure your screen brightness is full for maximum contrast between the bars on the bar code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts