Underrated animated Disney villains

DuckTalesFan32

Earning My Ears
Name some animated Disney villains you find underrated. Pixar can count as well.

I nominate Bill Sykes from Oliver and Company as an underrated Disney villain. You see so many Disney villains showcased in musicals and who make guest appearances in other Disney properties, but not Sykes. I think it's a shame because he's one of Disney's best villains. Let's take Jafar, Hades, Captain Hook, Ursala, and Cruela Deville, just to name a few. They are so flamboyant and over the top (which is fine). Then there is the Queen from Snow White and Maleficent. These two are scarier than the others.

Then there is Sykes. Sykes feels very realistic. We know we aren't going to run into villains who wield magic or villains who are over-exaggerated. But Sykes, he's a different story. Like Claud Frollo, he feels very realistic. A loan shark who has no problems having his dogs tear people up who can't pay, to kidnapping a child, to making threats and intimidation, there is something that feels all too real about Sykes. He's one of the few Disney villains to give me the chills. And yet he doesn't get his proper respect in the Disney villain pantheon.

What about the rest of you? What Disney villains do you think are underrated?

I cannot recall his name, but the runner of the mental ward in Beauty and the Beast. Hes only in one scene where Gaston is plotting to have Belle's father put away. I think his appearance and lacking morals of locking up someone who isn't even sick (just eccentric) as a form of coercion towards Belle is really daunting.

hes just a secondary character but still! What an evil man!

on the opposite end of the scale, underrated "good guys"? I am really moved by, in particular, Barley from Onward. I just mentioned this to my friend today actuslly so thats why i bring it up.

i love the big brother dynamic barley has towards ian, and never once was there a hint of jealousy or rage or even deceit because ian has the "gift of magick" in him. It could have been a complete 180 where barley could have easily become the villian that his brother had to face but Im glad pixar didnt take that path.

Name some animated Disney villains you find underrated. Pixar can count as well.

I nominate Bill Sykes from Oliver and Company as an underrated Disney villain. You see so many Disney villains showcased in musicals and who make guest appearances in other Disney properties, but not Sykes. I think it's a shame because he's one of Disney's best villains. Let's take Jafar, Hades, Captain Hook, Ursala, and Cruela Deville, just to name a few. They are so flamboyant and over the top (which is fine). Then there is the Queen from Snow White and Maleficent. These two are scarier than the others.

Then there is Sykes. Sykes feels very realistic. We know we aren't going to run into villains who wield magic or villains who are over-exaggerated. But Sykes, he's a different story. Like Claud Frollo, he feels very realistic. A loan shark who has no problems having his dogs tear people up who can't pay, to kidnapping a child, to making threats and intimidation, there is something that feels all too real about Sykes. He's one of the few Disney villains to give me the chills. And yet he doesn't get his proper respect in the Disney villain pantheon.

What about the rest of you? What Disney villains do you think are underrated?

I cannot recall his name, but the runner of the mental ward in Beauty and the Beast. Hes only in one scene where Gaston is plotting to have Belle's father put away. I think his appearance and lacking morals of locking up someone who isn't even sick (just eccentric) as a form of coercion towards Belle is really daunting.

hes just a secondary character but still! What an evil man!

Yeah, the guy in the mental ward was pretty cool. Some of my friends in college said that he reminded me of him because of my dark sense of humor.

on the opposite end of the scale, underrated "good guys"? I am really moved by, in particular, Barley from Onward. I just mentioned this to my friend today actuslly so thats why i bring it up.

i love the big brother dynamic barley has towards ian, and never once was there a hint of jealousy or rage or even deceit because ian has the "gift of magick" in him. It could have been a complete 180 where barley could have easily become the villian that his brother had to face but Im glad pixar didnt take that path.

I absolutely love Barley, and I didn't go in expecting to. Such a sweet, big-hearted guy, I just want to hug him. Pixar totally snuck up on me and grabbed me by the feels with the
Guinevere scene. Man, the emotion of that really got me.

To answer the original question, Bowler Hat Guy from Meet the Robinsons. Love his story arc, and he was at the front end of the "twist" craze. And his "Don't let it go," speech is classic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter