Understanding how used points work question

MinnieMe2669

It's Me, MemoryMakers2669
In waiting right now for ROFR and have some questions. We will be getting 2019 points that will expire end of July 2021. We do have a plan in place to use them in mid July. But what are the rules on changing dates? Let's say I book July 15-17th, but want to move it to July 19-21 (waiting for airfare and might need to shift things). This is of course assuming there is availability.

Also, let's say I have booked a room, but want to waitlist for something else and that comes through and is less points. Like I can only book Poly and it's 50 pts for the stay. I waitlist BWV and that comes through and it's only 40 pts. What happens to the 10 extra pts? Is it different rules for Banked, Borrowed, etc?

You can modify a reservation anytime as long as there is a room.

If you waitlist something for less and it fills more than 31 days or more ahead of the trip, the points are returned to your account without holding penalty. If you set it up to fill within 31 days, points go into holding and no matter what type expire at the end of the UY and can only be used for trips 60 days or less from check in.

Those banked 2019 points will expire July 31st regardless

If you borrow points for that trip from 2021 UY, they will now expire July 31st and won’t go back.

If you modify or change for less points and are still in your banking window, any 2020 points you use for that trip can be banked in 2021 UY

OK, so 31 days is the deal. I can book something then cancel it without worry outside of that 31 days?

OK, so 31 days is the deal. I can book something then cancel it without worry outside of that 31 days?

To avoid holding yes. But, it doesn’t change status of points. So banked points are still banked and borrowed points are still borrowed.

So those 2019 points will expire July 31st no matter what you do in terms of booking, modifying or canceling outside 31 days.

To avoid holding yes. But, it doesn’t change status of points. So banked points are still banked and borrowed points are still borrowed.

So those 2019 points will expire July 31st no matter what you do in terms of booking, modifying or canceling outside 31 days.

Thank you! I will easily use them up. Should have enough to do all 3 trips we have planned with 2020 pts left over to bank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!