Understanding Use Year - Updated February 10, 2021

Very interesting. How is that?

With a banking window of October 31st, any November trip could be canceled at the 31 day mark and still return points within the banking window.

All cancellations less than 31 days out the points in holding which means they can’t be banked no matter what.

We almost always vacation in October through January.
I just purchased our DVC this past weekend and opted for a June use year that way I would still get my points for 2022 and be able to bank them for the following use year.
Are there any key drawbacks to my use year and out usual vacationing months?
Thank you for any info
A June UY would have a January 31st banking deadline. You shouldn't have any issues with banking based on your travel dates.

The only possible "issue" I see is losing a safety net if you cancel a trip on banked points. Say you push an entire UY forward and book a January trip. You cancel in December 31 days prior check-in and no points go into holding. In that situation, you would need to use all of those points by May 31st or you lose them. By December you are already within the 7 month booking window and availability could be choppy depending on resort or room category.

If you had a Sept or Oct UY and had to cancel a Jan trip you would have 4 or 5 months left to book on those banked points (and would even be in the 11 month home resort window).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter