Unexpected News! Discovering you’re Expecting while at Disney World-- A June 2014 trip report

the last day is always a weird one in that you want to be happy that you are there but always thinking that you will be leaving.

Wow, that sounds crazy to be so crowded you need a FP+ for It's a Small World. That is great that you were able to get into BOG with minimal wait though.

Sorry to hear about the water leak but that was very nice of your Father In Law was dealing with it.

Congratulations on Carter! Really great pictures and glad everyone seems to be doing well. It's definitely different going to WDW with kids ... not better or worse than as adults only, just different. Definitely different planning involved but then seeing their face light up at the things they see and experience makes it all worth while.

What a lovely baby! I felt for Ashley - I was so tired during my first trimester, it's hard to imagine adding being Disney World-tired on top of that. I had a lot of fun reading your trip report!

Aw congratulations! We said we were going to wait to take any kids we might have. Pfft. We're going in October and our son will be 2 1/2. :)

Congratulations on your little boy!

We've taken both of our older kids at 14 months. DS will be a year old when we take him in March!
DH and I have also taken 2 solo trips since we became parents- including the one last June!

Enjoy this special time with Carter! I really enjoyed reading your report and can't wait to hear when you'll return!

I've been lurking for a while and was so excited to finally see a picture of the little man. He is adorable!!! I really enjoyed your report.

Great TR!! And Carter is gorgeous! Congratulations!!
Thanks!

Great report! I love all the sad faces in your last day selfies!

And I bet there's no way you will wait 4 to 5 years to take him!
We might wait 4 to 5 years. For one thing, Ashley is leaving her job to take care of him so we can't really afford it right now. But who knows!

Carter is so cute! Congratulations!!
Thanks!

Incredible trip report. Congrats on the bundle of joy!
Thanks!

Loved your trip report and congratulations on the new addition to your family -- he's absolutely adorable!
Thanks!

the last day is always a weird one in that you want to be happy that you are there but always thinking that you will be leaving.

Wow, that sounds crazy to be so crowded you need a FP+ for It's a Small World. That is great that you were able to get into BOG with minimal wait though.

Sorry to hear about the water leak but that was very nice of your Father In Law was dealing with it.

Congratulations on Carter! Really great pictures and glad everyone seems to be doing well. It's definitely different going to WDW with kids ... not better or worse than as adults only, just different. Definitely different planning involved but then seeing their face light up at the things they see and experience makes it all worth while.
We can't wait to take him! We're so excited to see his reaction to things!

What a lovely baby! I felt for Ashley - I was so tired during my first trimester, it's hard to imagine adding being Disney World-tired on top of that. I had a lot of fun reading your trip report!
Yeah she had a really rough first trimester. The good news is that she didn't have to go back to work until August because she's a teacher, so she managed to get all the rest she needed!

Aw congratulations! We said we were going to wait to take any kids we might have. Pfft. We're going in October and our son will be 2 1/2. :)
Ha ha, yeah we know people who've taken their really little ones even though they said they were going to wait. We'll just have to wait and see!

Congratulations on your little boy!

We've taken both of our older kids at 14 months. DS will be a year old when we take him in March!
DH and I have also taken 2 solo trips since we became parents- including the one last June!

Enjoy this special time with Carter! I really enjoyed reading your report and can't wait to hear when you'll return!
We're loving each moment with him! He's really a happy baby!

I've been lurking for a while and was so excited to finally see a picture of the little man. He is adorable!!! I really enjoyed your report.
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

Joining your fun TR. Congrats on your little Disney bundle!
Thanks for joining!

I just read through your whole report and really enjoyed it! Congrats on your son - he is precious! I know you said you want to wait a few years to bring him to WDW, but Disney with a baby can be really fun. We just got back from our 3rd trip with our now 2-year old, and each trip has been a great experience (9 months, 16 months, 23 months). Best of luck to you and enjoy your baby!

This trip report and the follow up baby pictures were awesome! Thank you so much for putting in all this effort. I really loved reading it! Congratulations on your charming son. He is adorable.

What a sweet baby boy! The hair! So cute!! :goodvibes

Add us to the club of taking our kids young. My oldest was 2 when we first took her. After that there was no looking back. We went pretty much every other year after that while the kids were little, then started going every year! I think that's what made us fall in love with it even more…seeing the magic in the kid's eyes! pixiedust:

Great trip report and what lovely news to have whilst you were away! Congratulations on the arrival of Carter, he is beautiful!

I'm at WDW now, reading this. Don't wait! We took our kiddos at 6 months (first) and 10 months (our second) and they still enjoyed it. We have taken them every year since and they are BIG into Disney, just like us. It's like a whole new world when you take your kids and see it through their eyes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter