United economy flexible

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
Looking to book airline tix, and I see now United offers free ticket changes. Anyone have experience with this? Is it as easy to do as with Southwest?

As long as you don't buy basic economy you can. The value of the original becomes an electronic travel certificate that is applied to the flight you change to. Any remaining value must be used within 1 year from the date the original ticket was issued or it's forfeited.

Can't compare to WN as I barely ever fly them but I've found changing my UA flights very easy.

I just had to change a United flight. Easy peasy. My new flight was cheaper though, so I have about a $100 credit. I’m not sure how easy it will be to apply that.

Applying travel credit is easy. After you select a flight (and seat assignments), there is a checkbox for travel credit. Check that box and enter your last name and original booking id if it doesn't appear automatically. If you forget, the site has options to email your credits right below the field to enter the travel credits.

This is great information. I hope this policy applies to international flights as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter