Universal Annual Passholder - Questions

Hey Hey

Mouseketeer
I wanted to see what kind of discount I could get for 4 days at Royal Pacific Hotel as a Seasonal Passholder. When I put in my dates for Wed-Sat on the Universal Orlando website, and I checked that they are not blackout dates, I get this message.

The requested rate is not available; however, we would like to offer you these available rates.

Does anyone know why this message appears?

Thanks

Last edited:
I tried the dates from your link, and got the same results. Thank you for trying! Now I know that the pass holder rates are limited regardless of black out dates.

Rates are only out until the beginning of March right now. Not sure what your dates are, but rates may not be out yet for them. There is a dedicated AP thread on this forum for you to check out.

Yes as @damo mentions, they don't release them very far in advance. We will book at the normal rate and then call to change it if/when AP rates are released. Even when AP rates are out, they can still fluctuate. I booked HRH in mid-December for my late January trip at an AP rate of $239. Just changed it earlier this week to an AP rate of $209 because more room options opened up.

Rates are only out until the beginning of March right now. Not sure what your dates are, but rates may not be out yet for them. There is a dedicated AP thread on this forum for you to check out.
Thanks for letting me know that. The dates we looked at were end Nov beginning of Dec. I will also check out the forum.

Thanks for letting me know that. The dates we looked at were end Nov beginning of Dec. I will also check out the forum.

Yes as @damo mentions, they don't release them very far in advance. We will book at the normal rate and then call to change it if/when AP rates are released. Even when AP rates are out, they can still fluctuate. I booked HRH in mid-December for my late January trip at an AP rate of $239. Just changed it earlier this week to an AP rate of $209 because more room options opened up.
Nice!

Your rates won't be out until the fall.
Good to know. Thanks Again! Do you have the link to the dedicated Thread for Annual Passholders? When I'm in the Universal Hotels Forum, I see different threads like mine with Annual Passholders in the title.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:
Thank you! So basically when you are looking for an APR its trial and error after the rates have been posted here on the DIS Boards using these sites: Lowes Hotels and Universal Orlando?

https://www.loewshotels.com/reservations/

https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/default.aspx?hgID=641&langID=1

Or you can just keep checking yourself every few days?

Use the link in the first post of the APH thread. https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...hildren=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=

That should give you pretty much all the APH rates. Hopefully the real link on the Universal site will be fixed by the time you need it.

And then just start looking every day starting end of August or so.

Use the link in the first post of the APH thread. https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/default.aspx?hgID=641&langID=1&checkin=11/26/2018&nights=7&rooms=1&adults=2&children=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=

That should give you pretty much all the APH rates. Hopefully the real link on the Universal site will be fixed by the time you need it.

And then just start looking every day starting end of August or so.
Okay. We normally book through an authorized disney/universal travel agent. Are they able to apply the apr rate after if we book the hotel through them at the regular rate?

I wound not bother with a ta for Universal. There’s really no point.
Normally we get a vacation package for Universal and Disney together, so it just saves me time from trying to book everything. But that was before I have been looking at the Annual Pass Holder benefits.

Normally we get a vacation package for Universal and Disney together, so it just saves me time from trying to book everything. But that was before I have been looking at the Annual Pass Holder benefits.

Generally when you purchase a package, they will charge you a change fee if you need to make any changes.

Generally when you purchase a package, they will charge you a change fee if you need to make any changes.
Okay, I have never booked a hotel and purchased tickets on my own, so I'm not sure if these questions make sense.

Question 1: For two people, if I buy one APH ticket, do I purchase a regular ticket at the same time to get a discount on the regular ticket?
Question 2: Do I then purchase the hotel room separately from the tickets?
Question 3: If I purchase a hotel room on my own separately, how much do I have put down for a deposit and when is the full amount due? I'd like to do this with the least amount for a deposit especially if I have to pay the full amount for the tickets separately?

Okay, I have never booked a hotel and purchased tickets on my own, so I'm not sure if these questions make sense.

Question 1: For two people, if I buy one APH ticket, do I purchase a regular ticket at the same time to get a discount on the regular ticket?
Question 2: Do I then purchase the hotel room separately from the tickets?
Question 3: If I purchase a hotel room on my own separately, how much do I have put down for a deposit and when is the full amount due? I'd like to do this with the least amount for a deposit especially if I have to pay the full amount for the tickets separately?

1. No, you have to have activated the AP to purchase the second ticket. It is often cheaper purchasing the second ticket through Undercover Tourist

2. Yes, you purchase the room separately. You don't need the AP in hand to book.

3. You put down one night's deposit and pay the rest when you check out of the hotel.

1. No, you have to have activated the AP to purchase the second ticket. It is often cheaper purchasing the second ticket through Undercover Tourist

2. Yes, you purchase the room separately. You don't need the AP in hand to book.

3. You put down one night's deposit and pay the rest when you check out of the hotel.

But I thought you couldn't activate the AP until you go through the turnstiles at the park? If that's the case how then do you purchase the regular ticket at the discounted rate? We would only be able to use the AP for one time use since we don't live near the parks and only take a trip down once a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!