Universal APs

Look_Alive

Earning My Ears
this whole nonsense is making Universal's $400 AP with six extra months free way more appealing. :cool::cool::cool:

YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT IS! And according to Craig and Ryno today, the “6-months free deal” doesn’t expire until April 2019. Were gonna let our Disney Platinum Plus Annual Passes expire in February 2019 and let Disney “cool off” for a few years and get the Universal passes that will take us into fall 2020 for just $400 per person. It’s time.

this whole nonsense is making Universal's $400 AP with six extra months free way more appealing. :cool::cool::cool:

I set up an MDE for my DSIL's offsite trip next month and it took so much explanation, because Disney is so overly complicated. Next week, I'm going to go on her account to do her FP's. It was just easier then having to get her to understand that she would have to be sitting on her computer at exactly 7am to choose what she wanted to do for the day and then have to do that five more days. ::yes::::yes::
Cannot dispute that Universal certainly has some fabulous ticket deals going on right now..For example, a 3 park to park ticket, buy 2 days, get 2 days free promotion through UT WITH tax is $307.95..not bad at all, get 4 full days, choice of 3 parks! Seems WAY less complicated than the new ticketing system!::yes:: CAN'T WAIT for our mid December Universal trip!:yay:

Cannot dispute that Universal certainly has some fabulous ticket deals going on right now..For example, a 3 park to park ticket, buy 2 days, get 2 days free promotion through UT WITH tax is $307.95..not bad at all, get 4 full days, choice of 3 parks! Seems WAY less complicated than the new ticketing system!::yes:: CAN'T WAIT for our mid December Universal trip!:yay:

I'm thinking of buying the Preferred AP for 18 months for $394 plus tax. We're going to Disney in December, so maybe a day at Universal to see their Christmas and a night there to see Mannheim Steamroller. Then a summer trip in 2019. Finally, two nights in October 2019 after our Disney cruise to see their haunted houses. We'd even have time to do another trip after that. :rotfl::rotfl:

Wouldn’t their $400 AP that has an additional 6 mo (till fall of 2020) be a better deal for $90 more? Just wondering...

Wouldn’t their $400 AP that has an additional 6 mo (till fall of 2020) be a better deal for $90 more? Just wondering...

Maybe because that ticket includes Volcano Bay too? If you want to use VB in the summer you would need to buy the $733 premier pass. Nothing I really need. I would like to see the water park but it's not a must do, that's why I'm just looking at the preferred two park pass.

They have a few different AP, only the two more expensive passes have extra 6 months, the seasonal and preferred have extra 3 months. Have not priced the 2 Park Preferred, but I thought with tax it is a lot more. If I am not mistaken, Preferred though comes with 1 hour early entry and one of the higher end AP(the most expensive AP) I think comes with free parking, no black out dates as well.

Maybe because that ticket includes Volcano Bay too? If you want to use VB in the summer you would need to buy the $733 premier pass. Nothing I really need. I would like to see the water park but it's not a must do, that's why I'm just looking at the preferred two park pass.
We are looking at the 2 park power power pass, don't need VB, usually very crowded anyway, heard getting to/from VB from parking area can be very long:eek::scared1:; power is less black out dates than seasonal and save 50% on parking(right now its $22 regular park), so save $11 every time you go versus seasonal...So 2 park, AP power pass with 3 additional months, total 15 months is $378.07 including tax. Not bad!::yes::

We are looking at the 2 park power power pass, don't need VB, usually very crowded anyway, heard getting to/from VB from parking area can be very long:eek::scared1:; power is less black out dates than seasonal and save 50% on parking(right now its $22 regular park), so save $11 every time you go versus seasonal...So 2 park, AP power pass with 3 additional months, total 15 months is $378.07 including tax. Not bad!::yes::

Maybe do one power and one preferred pass and then you'll gain the free parking instead of 50% off and 10% off most food? It's only $40 more. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Is the 6 months for Florida residents only? Everything that comes up is for Florida residents.

Is the 6 months for Florida residents only? Everything that comes up is for Florida residents.
No, the extra 6 months can be obtained by non Florida residents, is for Premiere and Preferred, Power and Seasonal are extra 3 months for non Florida residents.

No, the extra 6 months can be obtained by non Florida residents, is for Premiere and Preferred, Power and Seasonal are extra 3 months for non Florida residents.

Thanks jerseygal. When I googled it yesterday all the articles said it was for Florida residents then I finally found one that said it was for everyone. We usually get the Preferred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!