Universal Cooler Bag Rules

NVDISFamily

DIS Veteran
Hi. We are doing our first trip to US this summer and I've been doing some homework and watching videos to get ready. I believe I read somewhere that US does not allow coolers that are too big. We have this attached to our stroller and usually just keep a few waters in it -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SHYEJ58/

Would this be allowed or should we leave it in the hotel room? Do they not care as much if it's attached to a stroller?

Without checking measurements, it looks good to me. You should double check the size of the bag against what is listed on the website (Soft-sided insulated bags no larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep are acceptable). If all you're planning to bring in is water you should be fine.

Also note despite whatever verbiage is currently on the website, you can bring in whatever food/beverages you want including meals (no alcohol of course). Probably no glass. PB&J’s are easiest to bring since you don’t need an icepack. The exception would be entering in the evening during HHN nights, they are stricter about beverages then since people try to sneak in alcohol.

Also note despite whatever verbiage is currently on the website, you can bring in whatever food/beverages you want including meals (no alcohol of course). Probably no glass. PB&J’s are easiest to bring since you don’t need an icepack. The exception would be entering in the evening during HHN nights, they are stricter about beverages then since people try to sneak in alcohol.
I would also guess on concert nights as well.

Officially they say no coolers at all and no food but like you I don't see it strictly enforced for the most part.

The only thing they seem to be very strict on is alcohol from the parks to city walk - you cant bring a beer from the parks to city walk and vice versa- they are very strict on that. I guess they have different liquor licenses and that is why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter