Universal Explorer 3 Park Ticket question

RossS

Earning My Ears
Hi all, going to Universal and Disney in August. (Staying at Cabana Bay)

We arrive on the 19th august but will get there too late to use the Universal ticket on the 19th so will use it for the first time on the 20th.

I was wondering, as we go home on the 2nd of September, can we still use the universal ticket on that day or will it have been expired already?

Also,instead of heading to Will Call at the parks, I understand you can use a self service ticket machine at Cabana Bay instead of going to the park one in the morning taking important fun time!

I understand you have to swipe a credit card, does it matter if this is a UK credit card? and I assume it is just for I.D purposes and will not be charged anything? Also assume that the Credit card must be from the same person as the one who bought the tickets? We did not use a credit card to buy the tickets as used a debit card with Virgin Holidays who added the tickets to our holiday booking. So would we need to use that debt card instead?

If we did print the tickets off on the day of arrival, but not use them to get into the park, would we still be able to use the ticket on the 2nd of September or will the tickets not be activated until we use the ticket to get into the park?

Many thanks for the heads up,sorry for so many questions!

Kind regards

Ross.

Last edited:
I assume you have a 14 day park ticket for Universal?

If so, Sept 2nd will be the 14th day if you first use it Aug 20th. So, you`ll be fine to use it that day.

Yes, the hotels all have places to get your tickets.

You won`t be charged anything on the card you swipe. It is just for ID purposes. I assume they ask for the card that was used to purchase, but it`s been long time since we used the UK tickets as we have an AP. But, I think the debit card would be fine. And a UK card is just fine.

You can print off tickets whenever you like, but they won`t be activated till you enter the park for the first time.

That is most helpful, many thanks. Yes I have the 14 day park tickets.

Thank you for your reply,

Kind regards,

Ross.

That is most helpful, many thanks. Yes I have the 14 day park tickets.

Thank you for your reply,

Kind regards,

Ross.

You`re very welcome.....

It is quite daunting when things are new....most here are a pretty helpful bunch, so any questions usually someone can answer you :thumbsup2

You`re very welcome.....

It is quite daunting when things are new....most here are a pretty helpful bunch, so any questions usually someone can answer you :thumbsup2

Luckily I went in 2016 so our knowledge of most things are pretty good, I know certain things have changed a lot though, New Harry Potter ride at U and Galaxy's Edge and Pandora etc at Disney. I was not aware of the kiosk for tickets until now so am happy we can print off the tickets the day of arrival then head straight into the park the next morning without having to queue at will call.

To hear the Islands of Adventure Port of Entry theme again will give me shivers. I cannot wait!

Thanks again

Ross.

I assume you have a 14 day park ticket for Universal?

If so, Sept 2nd will be the 14th day if you first use it Aug 20th. So, you`ll be fine to use it that day.

Yes, the hotels all have places to get your tickets.

You won`t be charged anything on the card you swipe. It is just for ID purposes. I assume they ask for the card that was used to purchase, but it`s been long time since we used the UK tickets as we have an AP. But, I think the debit card would be fine. And a UK card is just fine.

You can print off tickets whenever you like, but they won`t be activated till you enter the park for the first time.

Just to confim, if i print off the tickets but not use them until the day after, i will still be able to go on the 2nd as i have not used the ticket into a park?

Thanks

Ross

Also, be aware that some U.K. debit/credit cards do not have the ‘swipe’ function any more or you may need to activate it in your app.

Just to confim, if i print off the tickets but not use them until the day after, i will still be able to go on the 2nd as i have not used the ticket into a park?

Thanks

Ross

Correct.

I can confirm that to get tickets at kiosks you must use the card that was used to purchase the tickets. How do I know? The card was misplaced and canceled before the trip and we had to wait in line at guest services and provide photo ID to get our tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter