Universal Explorer Ticket

I used these tickets last week. All 3 parks -- park-to-park -- no issues at all.
thanks for the update Mama..(love the avatar pic BTW...my kids and I are such big fans!)...looking forward to using our tickets in August...was told by someone who went recently that it was very busy at Volcano Bay and it reached maximum capacity early in the morning....I figure it being a new park the locals are probably filling up the spots and hope it will be less crowded come august when kids are back in school.

Just wanted to add that I got these for my family and just used them last week for 5 visits over 8 days with no problem. On our last day, we then upgraded to annual passes, and got good additional value towards the pass.

Just wanted to add that I got these for my family and just used them last week for 5 visits over 8 days with no problem. On our last day, we then upgraded to annual passes, and got good additional value towards the pass.
How much did it cost per ticket to upgrade?

Only $5 for a seasonal pass. Note that this was an upgrade from the 2 park explorer to the 2 park seasonal.

Even though you get blocked out of universal during concert nights, thats still not a bad deal. I honestly didn't think of that. If we go over spring break like I'm planning, we would need the explorer ticket as the concerts usually fall over that time I believe, but then we could upgrade for small money if we want to come back.

Yes, all of July is blocked out for the Seasonal Pass, so we needed the explorer for this first trip. But I know we will be back at least 1 more time in November. We just needed to make sure we knew which day was going to be our last, because once you upgrade there is no way to downgrade back to your old ticket.

Has anyone purchased the 2018 version of this ticket anywhere? I can't find it on park-tickets.com or musement.com. All other sites seem to be in Euro or Pounds, which seem expensive.

Has anyone purchased the 2018 version of this ticket anywhere? I can't find it on park-tickets.com or musement.com. All other sites seem to be in Euro or Pounds, which seem expensive.
I saw it as an option when I was looking to book a room/ticket package on Universal's web site. I haven't seen it offered anywhere on its own.

I saw it as an option when I was looking to book a room/ticket package on Universal's web site. I haven't seen it offered anywhere on its own.

I'm sure that they are trying to encourage people to stay onsite and having it offered elsewhere would allow people to stay wherever they want and still get a cheap ticket.

Does anyone know the age group for a Junior 3-Park Explorer ticket? Can it be used by a 13 year old, or will a 13 year old need an Adult 3-Park Explorer ticket?

Does anyone know the age group for a Junior 3-Park Explorer ticket? Can it be used by a 13 year old, or will a 13 year old need an Adult 3-Park Explorer ticket?

Junior is 10-17. It is the same price as the adult.

I called park tickets direct, and they told me 48 hours to deliver tickets local in Orlando. They have an outlet / partner in Celebration where you can pay for the tickets and pick them up instantly. Took me 10 minutes max.
I bought 6 for 1760 $us and they are what is advertised. 14 day park admission to IOA, Universal and Volcano Bay. Great tickets. You can leave the park when it rains, go as many times as you like. Hit all 3 parks in one day. We did. It's exhausting.

Is it better to buy these to eventually upgrade to a 3 park seasonal pass or buy the discounted tickets from Undercover? We are not going during a blockout time.

Well, just to follow up, I attempted to purchase the 3 park explorer tickets from the park-tickets.com website. Shortly after ordering, I rec'd an email canceling my order and stating "This is a friendly reminder that that the Universal tickets you ordered are for UK residents only". So it would appear that they no longer allow US residents to purchase these... or perhaps, I was just unlucky with the person reviewing the order. But anyway, that's my experience, FYI.

Has anyone in the U.S tried buying them from musement recently? I don’t see where it specifies for UK residents only unless I’m missing it.

I bought from musement and it's been a nightmare so far. They issued the wrong tickets and told me to wait a few weeks. Issued 2 day tickets vs Explorer tickets. Looks like they've removed the ability to purchase at the moment.

I bought from musement and it's been a nightmare so far. They issued the wrong tickets and told me to wait a few weeks. Issued 2 day tickets vs Explorer tickets. Looks like they've removed the ability to purchase at the moment.
I'v been kind of worried about it being a hassle. I ordered from them a few of days ago with a 15% off coupon. It seemed like too good of a deal to not take the chance, but I'm not overly optimistic about this all going through without a hitch.. We'll see, I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter