Universal First-Timer and Feeling Overwhelmed

Yes your express pass is your room key. People usually get a lanyard to keep it on to make it easier. They sell them at a shop in Royal Pacific. We are staying there also for our upcoming trip. I have looked at a lot of videos and read a lot over the last couple of months.
The theme for universal seems to be it's so laid back compared to Disney. Planning isn't really required since you don't have to make reservations for the express pass. The parks are a lot more compact. I know, even without express passes, we were able to do all we wanted to do by late afternoon in the past. Have a great time!!!

Yes your express pass is your room key. People usually get a lanyard to keep it on to make it easier. They sell them at a shop in Royal Pacific. We are staying there also for our upcoming trip. I have looked at a lot of videos and read a lot over the last couple of months.
The theme for universal seems to be it's so laid back compared to Disney. Planning isn't really required since you don't have to make reservations for the express pass. The parks are a lot more compact. I know, even without express passes, we were able to do all we wanted to do by late afternoon in the past. Have a great time!!!

Great news, thank you!

Oh gosh, yes! Lanyards are great! Have plastic pocket so can put room key card and park ticket in. That way never have to dig out of pockets or bags when have to present multiple times for express pass. We actually ordered them from the online Universal store before we went but not as big a selection as you will get at the hotel or parks.

Speaking of bags...lots of Universal rides require bags be placed in free lockers while you are riding; however, I had also read that you never had to remove a three prong fanny pack type bag. Not a fashion statement, but worked great and kept us from having to make those pesky locker trips.

Oh gosh, yes! Lanyards are great! Have plastic pocket so can put room key card and park ticket in. That way never have to dig out of pockets or bags when have to present multiple times for express pass. We actually ordered them from the online Universal store before we went but not as big a selection as you will get at the hotel or parks.

Speaking of bags...lots of Universal rides require bags be placed in free lockers while you are riding; however, I had also read that you never had to remove a three prong fanny pack type bag. Not a fashion statement, but worked great and kept us from having to make those pesky locker trips.

I knew about the lockers, but was wondering about the fanny pack versus backpack thing. However, we'll be visiting in the summer which means it will rain every day. I wish I could get by with no bag, but umbrellas and ponchos/rain jackets are a must when in Florida! Thanks for the advice! :)

Just one quick thing you might not know about: As mentioned above, The Hulk (IOA) and Rip Ride Rockit (US) require you to put ALL your items in a locker, and that means EVERYTHING out of your pockets, too. You'll go through a metal detector before entering the actual line. The lockers are free, and you use your room key to scan and find a locker in sections where there is a "green light" (locker vacancy). You get to keep your lanyard on, but you must tuck it into your shirt after going through the checkpoints and before riding. We have really enjoyed ending our vacation on Universal property after spending 5 days at WDW...the pace is much more relaxed and gives us time to unwind before the long drive home - you'll love it!

Just one quick thing you might not know about: As mentioned above, The Hulk (IOA) and Rip Ride Rockit (US) require you to put ALL your items in a locker, and that means EVERYTHING out of your pockets, too. You'll go through a metal detector before entering the actual line. The lockers are free, and you use your room key to scan and find a locker in sections where there is a "green light" (locker vacancy). You get to keep your lanyard on, but you must tuck it into your shirt after going through the checkpoints and before riding. We have really enjoyed ending our vacation on Universal property after spending 5 days at WDW...the pace is much more relaxed and gives us time to unwind before the long drive home - you'll love it!

Thank you! You’re awesome! (You helped me out with the ride chicken post too!:love:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter