Universal from ASMo???

TZMOM

DIS Veteran
We have the opportunity to go to Universal for FREE!!! (friend works there) - has anybody gone there from ASMo? How do you get there, is it far, did you enjoy your time there? My son really wants to go there (as well as everywhere else, but that's another post for another day) & since this is our 1st trip in eons, am trying to appease him. Let me know your thoughts, etcl. We're not going until May '02. Thanks!!:wave: :wave: :wave: :crazy: :bounce:

We went to Universal from the Poly in March. We called Mears Shuttle which will take you for about $10 per person. You would need to call ahead, I would suggest the day before. We needed to go on our arrival day and they could not take us until 2-3 hours later, so we took a taxi. This cost about $35-40 from the Poly. If you do take a taxi, at Universal, they have an area where taxis wait for fares, it is the same area where Mears drops off and picks up.

Back in 1994, I also took Mears. It was from PO-FQ. We made the ressies two days in advance and they picked us up right outside the main entrance to the hotel. We were dropped off pretty close to the entrance. Our driver gave us a card with a telephone number to call for our return to PO. They suggest you call two hours in advance for the pickup. We went back to the same spot that we were dropped off. It worked out really well.

I am not sure where the dropoff/pickup is now, since IOA and City Walk has opened. I imagine it has to be a shorter walk than the parking garage.

Last time was went in Feb, 2000 we had a car. We actually valet parked it. It was 12.00 vs. 6.00 but it was great since our little one was just under 1 at the time, and we had my mom with us. We just took the elevator up from the parking area and the entrance was right there. It was worth the extra 6 bucks when we had finished the day. The parking garage is huge and a pretty good walk away.

You didn't say whether you were going to have a car with you or not. If you drive, its only about 10 minutes (max) from the Disney property. Just follow the signs to I-4 East. I think the exit off of I-4 is 29, but don't hold me to that. Its very clearly marked.

Universal is great. Islands of Adventure is better (IMHO!), especially if your son likes roller coasters and thrill rides.
Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter