Universal front of line pass - necessary in October?

Piglet99645

DIS Veteran
I've never been to Universal Studios.

Considering one or two days in US Hollywood in October, during the week.

Do you think I need to spring for the front of line pass?

My choices for a family of 4 are:

A discounted three day pass through Tickets at Work (we could go a 2nd or 3rd day if we liked it) for $300

or

A one day front of line purchased directly from Universal for $520.

I'm inclined to save the $220....... but looking for input. Thanks!

P.

I'm curious about this too, although we are going the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Front of the line is really spendy... But I suppose if it is worthwhile, then so be it.

I had an AP 3 years ago - and saw a lot of people waste money on those passes. I don't think you'll need one on a weekday in October - and 2 days is PLENTY to see it all even with some lines - there isn't that much as long as you organize according to the entertainment schedule.
Go downstairs first -everyone else heads for the trams right away.
Hours may be short for the Halloween haunt though - so get there at opening.

For thanksgiving time it might be a different story - that's very crowded at DL -unsure about Universal. But it might be possible to add one on after you go inside - would be worth researching.

I agree with Icasa.

October during the week you will not need front of the line passes. However, Sunday after Thanksgving is CRAZY busy.

Thanks......

WE ended up opting for Florida in October instead of California....... but nevertheless I always appreciate the helpful responses here!

:goodvibes

I was wondering this same question about early March. anyone know what crowds are like there in March?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I went ahead and reserved the front of line passes. It's only money. They'll print more.

How about the 2nd weekend in December? What are crowds like? Is school out in L.A. then? What rides should we do first? :cool2: thanks!:grouphug:

Universal generally has really low crowds outside of peak season. It's also a small park, with fewer attractions than Disney or Sea World. You can pretty easily do everything there in one day during off peak season, even on a weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter