Universal Hollywood tickets just went up

GatorChris

Not of This World
I just booked hotels for a Universal trip last week. I've been looking at the 2 day tickets and the 2019 pass tickets (which cost the same). Today I looked at the prices and they were both at $149. I could swear that they were both $129 just a week ago. A $20 jump! What....do they think they're Disney or something?

That just added $100 for my family trip. Should've booked when I thought about it last week. Stupid!!!!

Do you remember if USH raised their prices when DLR did their recent price increase last month? Or is this USH's answer to that? Or is this a second increase in a short time? Just wondering because there are rumors (aren't there always?) floating around that DLR is due for another price hike soon, possibly this month (according to Mousesavers) or at least before June (according to most other sources). And usually when one of the major theme parks raises prices, the others follow suit shortly thereafter.

Do you remember if USH raised their prices when DLR did their recent price increase last month? Or is this USH's answer to that? Or is this a second increase in a short time? Just wondering because there are rumors (aren't there always?) floating around that DLR is due for another price hike soon, possibly this month (according to Mousesavers) or at least before June (according to most other sources). And usually when one of the major theme parks raises prices, the others follow suit shortly thereafter.

I think it changed over the weekend. Because I was comparing their prices with AAA. I was going to save $10/ticket through AAA but not get early entry. Now it's $30 difference. For $150 more, I may skip being able to go in early. Not sure if I'll regret that in June, though.

I noticed the price jumped up last Friday. I was prepared to just buy tickets thru universal and pay the $60 vs going thru undercover tourist but when the price increased I went to undercover tourist and bought tickets there instead. They were $117.69 for non peak time. We have two days so I figured saving that money was worth more than getting into the park 30 minutes early.

Whew! Good to know. Thank you for that answer. Mousesavers is the only source I've read so far that thinks DLR's recent price increase was "seasonal" and that we may be due for the regular increase this month. So the thought that USH might have started things rolling by raising prices this past week was unnerving...

Disneyland raised their prices on January 6th, so their most likely not going to raise their prices again until June, when Star Wars Land opens.

USH always raises their prices within a month of when Disneyland raises theirs. The prices for the ANYTIME USH ticket went from $129 to $139 with the latest price increase. 2-Day tickets got a $10-$20 bump. And the date specific 1-Day tickets got a $5-$10 bump. The 2019 Season Pass got a $10 bump to $149 and the Annual Passes did not increase in price.

Disneyland raised their prices on January 6th, so their most likely not going to raise their prices again until June, when Star Wars Land opens...
As I mentioned above, my question was in reference to Mousesavers' theory that the January price hike at DLR was "seasonal," not the expected first increase of a two increase year. They believe that the first increase will come this month or sometime soon and the second increase will come in June or sometime around then.

I don't know if this an option for you, but my credit union has Universal tickets that can be bought at a discount through the Universal ticket portal (so they still include early entry). Through them the Universal prices range from $95-$120 depending on date and the season pass is $124. The Costco 3-visit ticket is $129 with no blackout dates, but doesn't include early entry and you have to register in advance for each visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter