Universal Magicband??

mguimond1990

Earning My Ears
I feel like I heard/read a rumor that universal was developing it's own version of a magicband. Has anyone else heard this?...I'm all for a band type system like Disney, but I'd hope they don't implement something like FP+. One of the things we liked about our recent trip was that we didn't have to preplan months in advance like with our past Disney vacations.

Agree I hope they don't try to do a FP+ type system but the bands are great for convenience of everything and not having to worry about losing tickets or lanyards. Just scan for entry and purchases, and then if you have Express Pass can just have it on there and scan it as well. Plus with room keys being attached it is very nice to not have to worry about carrying anything with you besides maybe a phone at Disney but have all you need.

t the bands are great for convenience of everything and not having to worry about losing tickets or lanyards.

Can’t say I’ve* ever lost a card or a lanyard.

I have nearly lost bands many times, though.

*my now-ex has, but it was a combo of user error and trusting Disney’s flimsy pouches.

They won`t.

Can`t see Loews investing in such an unnecessary system as it would have no benefit to them.

And EP works just fine...…..

I think this is something that would be one of the main things preventing it from coming to Universal (or a similar system). Disney owns all their resorts along with the parks so they could make whatever decisions they wanted on their own. At Universal most are owned/operated by Lowes so would have to be a joint venture, and as stated its not something that will really have a good cost/benefit balance for them.
Plus given that Express is something separate and it's own thing, and not open to everyone like Fastpass, it isn't going to have as far reaching a benefit for the average Universal guest as Disney's does.

I've honestly never understood the complaints about the tickets and room keys being separate. Wear a lanyard and have one facing out each way. Super easy.

I don't understand the complaints about wearing a lanyard.

I have never had a problem with one. In fact, I like it.

Almost seems to be a part of my vacation feeling. I wear one on a cruise too. Even though I have been told it is "tacky" to do so. I like the convenience.

When we were there last year, they were trying out facial recognition equipment for EP so I'm guessing they are trying to skip the band phase of technology.

The facial recognition for the ep lines at islands still going on when I was there earlier this month

I'm just back from my first trip at Universal and didn't like using the 8 1/2'' x 11'' paper tickets that I had (printed them off at home). I would have rather had credit card sized tickets. I wonder if I could have exchanged them for those type of tickets but didn't want spend the time to investigate.

I'm just back from my first trip at Universal and didn't like using the 8 1/2'' x 11'' paper tickets that I had (printed them off at home). I would have rather had credit card sized tickets. I wonder if I could have exchanged them for those type of tickets but didn't want spend the time to investigate.

Yes. If you do it in the park though, it can take some time. We ended up waiting 45 mins because our printed tickets wouldn't scan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter