universal newbie and only staying 1 night

hmnec

Mouseketeer
I'm just not up to speed on planning universal but would like to try 1 day in the parks.
so....
1. which would be the best resort of the ones that offer EP included?
** assuming we need that with only 1 park day in october

2. would you get a suite over 2 rooms since price is about the same?
we have 4 kids (one is 2) and will be arriving late. the onsite resort is to get EE

feel free to share any first timer tips.
we'll likely be back in the orlando area in Feb so we could possibly do universal unless president's day weekend is too crazy busy?

Have a look at the hotel stickies. They have images and info for each hotel........choose the one that suits your family better. As a newbie it may help you.

For walking distance HRH is closest to Universal Studios, RPR is closer to IOA. PBH is a little farther away but not really that much longer. Of course you can take the boats too. But all are very reasonable walks.

The deluxe with EP hotels are all lovely. No real bad choice. With one day even on a so called quiet day I`d still have EP. Some queues are always long like Minions Despicable Me ride.

We are doing the same thing -- going to Disney in early November and spending one night/two days at Universal during the trip. Never been before and planning on a Universal hotel so we can get the express pass. Trying to decide between Hard Rock and Portofino (wife and I and 2 adult kids).

you would need to check out some of the larger suites for the deluxe since you will have 6 in the room.

they count all bodies in the room, even if the youngest is 3 months old.

check and see if two standard connecting rooms would be cheaper than a suite.

the value resorts do have rooms for 6 but no ep

if it were me, i would do the suite as you are only going to be there one day.
But compare the prices and see which will be better for you.

Op, since you only plan one night stay at a deluxe in October, suggest you avoid the weekends

Monday-Wednesday would be better nights
Avoid Columbus Day if possible due to crowds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!