Universal One Day Express Pass, Yes or NO?

anett

Mouseketeer
Family of 4 planning Islands of Adventure on Wed. Aug. 22 or Thurs. Aug. 23. We've never been to Universal and can only go one day. Should we invest in the Universal One Day Express Pass? We don't want to miss anything, but not sure if it's worth the extra $360 on top of cost of regular price ticket. So please: yes or no and why?

Right now you can get a room at the Royal Pacific for one night (either the 21st or the 22nd) for $289+taxes (comes out to about $320 all in.)

If you want to have the best chance of riding everything you want in IOA (and possibly your favorite rides multiple times) then an EP is your best option. My guess is IOA won't be at its most crowded nor will it be completely empty. By getting the room you'll save $40, but you will also have the option of early entry (if IOA is the Early park for either day.)

So my suggestion is get the room, arrive early, park at the hotel, water taxi over and hit the park until you are tired. If there is any chance you can make a 2nd day happen, you would now have EP for that 2nd day for no extra charge.

Family of 4 planning Islands of Adventure on Wed. Aug. 22 or Thurs. Aug. 23. We've never been to Universal and can only go one day. Should we invest in the Universal One Day Express Pass? We don't want to miss anything, but not sure if it's worth the extra $360 on top of cost of regular price ticket. So please: yes or no and why?

When we started out doing one-park one day trips, we never bought the express pass. You may have a couple of longer waits, but I don't think it is worth that much money.

Right now you can get a room at the Royal Pacific for one night (either the 21st or the 22nd) for $289+taxes (comes out to about $320 all in.)

And just in case the op isn’t aware, one night st a deluxe onsite gives you unlimited express pass for the day of checkin through parks close on checkout day. You also get early entrance to one or both Wizarding worlds depending on the day. You can check in as early as 6am.

Some people book a room like this to stay, and others stay wherever they already are and just use it for the perks.

Yep, a one night stay would cover you for two days as Bumbershoot says. Arrive early to make the most of your day.

If that's not possible I would always recommend EP, especially with one day........crowds can still be there that time of year.

And some rides always have lines regardless of the time of day. It would make your day so much more pleasant not having to waste a lot of time in lines.....

so let me clarify..I only need one nights hotel stay to get EP for 2 days at Universal??

Yes. You get EP for both your check-in and check-out days. So one night equals 2 days of EP.

so let me clarify..I only need one nights hotel stay to get EP for 2 days at Universal??

Yep.

On day one check in as early as you can, usually around 6am is the earliest due to computer updating.......then you can take advantage of early entry.........Bell services can take care of any luggage if you’re room isn’t ready......there sometimes can be a room available but not always.

You will be issued with room keys for everyone registered in the room and you’re off.........

EP is valid full 2 days........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!