Universal or Islands, that is the question

S

Shawna

My husband and I will be there in December. Since we are staying at Disney we only have time for either Universal or Islands of Adventure. I would like to do both but I'm affraid it will cost too much and we won't be able to do and see everything. Am I correct? Which one should I do? I have been to Universal but that was 4 years ago....we loved it! Is Islands of Adventure mostly rides or does it have shows also? My husband isn't too big on roller-coasters but will ride them. Any suggestions??

I just got back 9/3 and we went to both USF and IOA all in one day....USF is really cool and you have to see such things as Twister and Earthquake...IOA is mostly thrill rides...we did a few things in IOA but not stuff like HUlk or big coasters....

Hulabird

flaghalfani.gif

IOA and US are both great. IOA is not just roller coasters.They have some live shows and some great themed rides. Spiderman is one of the best things I've ever seen. Seuess Landing is just adorable and everytime you go through you notice something else. Jurassic Park is Great and so is the Lost Continent. Lots to do besides riding coasters. ALTHOUGH--the coasters there are FANTASTIC!!

That is the problem with doing both parks in one day, you don't take the time to find out what they have to offer.

I did that on my first trip in July of 1999, went back for 7 days in October of the same year and felt like I had never been there!

I would advise visiting Islands of Adventure if you've already been to USF. It is a state of the art experience and is WAY more than thrill rides. Standing back and looking at it you would think so but I've been there numerous times and only on my last trip was my son tall enough for the BIG rides and we've always enjoyed our times there.

If you would like to know more there is a pull down menu at the top of the page that will take you through the parks.

Have a great time!

I'd have to agree with Robin. If you've seen Universal, try IOA. IOA definitely is more about rides than shows though. Incredible park! Get there early!

I'd vote for IOA, too, given your circumstances. But be aware that you can use the second day of a two-day pass anytime (unless they've changed it recently). So you could use the second day the next time you wanted a day off from WDW.

If you haven't seen IOA, by all means go! The next time I go I will wear a bathing suit under my clothes for the water rides and get a locker. If you can't ride coasters, you can ride whatever's left or just walk around and look! Ripsaw Falls and Jurassic Park will be fine if you can take one steep drop. I saw two shows (Posiedon's Fury and 8th Voyage of Sindbad) and thought they were both pretty bad. I think Poseidon is worth seeing once, but get an express pass.

It is possible to do both parks in one day we did it last year. We saw and did everything that we wanted but didnt do some of the shows. It was in Sept and not very busy. We even had time to ride Men In Black 3 times.....my sons favorite ride. It depends if you want to take your time and check out everything or not. The IOA is a really nice park, but I really couldnt just pick one park because there are some cool stuff at both. Picking only one would be a tough decision for me.:bounce:

IOA had excellent rides and the theming is spectacular....but the shows are NOT up the standards of the ones at WDW. IMO, they're not bad, but not that great either. If you've already been to Universal once, I would try IOA this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter