Universal Orlando questions

Bethislucy

DIS Veteran
I’ve never done universal honestly I’ve never been interested but I recently just read Harry Potter and now I am. My question is we are looking at the buy 2 get 2 promotional tickets. Then book an on-site hotel for the days we are planning to be there. My question is which would be better bookings a package or buying the tickets and the hotel. Like are their extras to booking a package? We are looking hopefully at the match 2021 time frame.

You might want to ask on the Universal threads (go back to the main forums page and scroll down until you get the Universal and SeaWorld area).

I believe the buy 2 get 2 tickets currently on offer expire at the end of 2020, so you probably wouldn't want that for a March 2021 trip. Universal does often have similar offers on a periodic basis, so you might be able to score something similar later. You might even find something better if demand remains soft, and they feel the need to offer incentives to bring people back to the parks.

Also, look at their AP offers. The cost of a 2-day 2-park ticket is only slightly less than a seasonal AP. With an AP, you can look into booking AP rates at their hotels. If you stay at one of the premium hotels (Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, or Portofino) you will get express pass (shorter line, similar to Disney's FP) for the duration of your stay at that hotel. If you stay at one of the other hotels, you'll still get early park access, and the amenities are far better than at Disney hotels of the equivalent caliber. Cabana Bay, for example, is roughly the equivalent to Pop, but has two pool areas, one with a water slide and another with a lazy river.

I know there sometimes are packages, but they tend to be fairly basic in their offerings, such as a meal at one of the Harry Potter restaurants in the park. You can probably do better putting the deal together yourself. You can also talk to a travel agent. I know there are Dreams agents who know Universal really well, and it's free to use them to book your vacation.

One other thing: the Universal Hotels are operated by Loews not Universal. Unlike Disney, which has a fairly constant rack rate, the Universal hotels have dynamic pricing that rises and falls with demand, like most conventional hotels. Therefore, you can often find higher and lower rates as you look at the same dates over time. So if you see a good rate, book it, and then modify if it drops later.

I agree you are going to find a lot of help in the right forum.. but we stayed at one of the lowes RP for one day because you get the day before and after the rest was at Sheraton vistana on Idrive because its a really nice resort for the price. Bought our tickets from undercover tourist.
Even when sales are gone they still have good deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter