Universal Orlando tickets for longer than 5 days

KatAlysmom

Earning My Ears
We were there in 2017 and had 14 day unlimited tickets for all 3 parks. It was part of my package thru CAA. I'm trying to price out a trip (which will not likely happen) for August 2020. For 4 adults, what would be the best strategy? I have about 5000 air miles to use also. Looking at 7 days there.

I would suggest looking at getting annual passes. Their annual passes are much more reasonable than WDW and if I recall correctly the base pass ("seasonal") was not much more than a 3 day pass.

https://www.universalorlando.com/we...ornVfgxpj21K9r__NaVFFhBRV408sXKwaAhWVEALw_wcB
I just checked and their lowest level pass is $304.99 for 2 park or $403.99 for 3 park although does have some blockout dates. They go up from there and increase in benefits associated with the pass.

You can can order tickets through Air Miles and upgrade them to an AP. My daughter upgraded her tickets for $10.

Last edited:
Also, a AP will get you room discounts so if your looking to stay onsite don't discount that. Then if at least one person buys a Preferred AP you will get discounts on your purchases and food. I always buy myself a Preferred AP and use it when paying for everything. I have always gotten the cost of the AP back with no problem. AP's can save so much money.

Also, a AP will get you room discounts so if your looking to stay onsite don't discount that. Then if at least one person buys a Preferred AP you will get discounts on your purchases and food. I always buy myself a Preferred AP and use it when paying for everything. I have always gotten the cost of the AP back with no problem. AP's can save so much money.
How do you get room discounts? I don't see that option when booking. I read up to 30% for either Royal Pacific or Hard Rock which is where I would like to stay.

Which tickets would I order to upgrade to an AP? Do you call UO to upgrade it?

The only tickets that I see available at Air MIles are the ones that expire in May, so you'll have to wait until the normal ones come back out. When you get to Universal, just go to Guest Services to upgrade.

Here is a link to check for AP discount rooms. August rates are not out yet.

APH rates

Last edited:
How do you get room discounts? I don't see that option when booking. I read up to 30% for either Royal Pacific or Hard Rock which is where I would like to stay.
From the AP rate Sticky in the Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotel Forum
https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...hildren=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=

Alternatively, Loews website (select Advanced Options & inputting Promotion Code of APH)

loewshotels.com

Available rooms change regularly so do not give up if you do not see your dates.
Here is the link to the AP rate forum, https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...for-universal-loews-hotel-properties.3771155/

Just to add to what’s been said, APH rates will likely not be out for your dates yet but I’d keep and eye on them and check periodically or watch that thread. You don’t need the annual pass to book but will need to show it at check in although they seem to be ok if you need to go upgrade then show later that day or during the trip.

Just to add to what’s been said, APH rates will likely not be out for your dates yet but I’d keep and eye on them and check periodically or watch that thread. You don’t need the annual pass to book but will need to show it at check in although they seem to be ok if you need to go upgrade then show later that day or during the trip.
I have never had my AP at check in and have never had an issue. Last October, when we stayed, it was never even mentioned and I didn't go back to show them. I really don't think they care that much. Not that I would chance it if I didn't have an AP, just saying that it can be shown at any time.....or maybe not at all.

You can can order tickets through Air Miles and upgrade them to an AP. My daughter upgraded her tickets for $10.

was that to upgrade to the seasonal pass?
Does air miles send actual tickets and are all the air miles offered tickets upgradeable?

was that to upgrade to the seasonal pass?
Does air miles send actual tickets and are all the air miles offered tickets upgradeable?

Yes, that was to a seasonal pass and yes Air Miles sends actual tickets. Air Miles doesn't offer any unique tickets for Universal, they are all the same tickets as available at Universal itself. All of Universal's tickets, except employee promo tickets, have been upgradable in the past as long as they were upgraded before the expiry date. That doesn't mean that the practice will continue, but that has been the practice in the past.

Be advised, that you will get credit for the Universal gate price or promo price of the ticket and not necessary full value. For example, a buy 2 days get 1 free promo will be given the value for the price of 2 days and not 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter