Universal Studios - Can I upgrade a California Neighbor Pass to a Silver Pass?

runjanerun

Earning My Ears
Hi!
We're trying to figure out what pass to buy. We haven't been to Universal Studios in a long long time, so not sure if we want the Silver Pass (which is 12 months) or the California Neighbor Pass (which is for 9 months). If we buy the California Neighbor Pass, and we decide we want to extend it for the full year, can we upgrade to the Silver Pass?

Hoping somebody knows this! Thanks!

Yes.

Universal Studios Hollywood said:
  1. How do I upgrade my Annual Pass?
    Upgrades are available for all fully paid Annual Passes. Upgrade your Annual Pass at any ticket booth or inside the park at the Universal Box Office. Tickets purchased with the monthly payment option, FlexPay™, cannot be upgraded at this time.

2. How do I upgrade my Season Pass?
    Upgrade your Season Pass to an Annual Pass at any ticket booth or inside the Park at the Universal Box Office. Your expiration date will be 12-months from the date of first visit using your Season Pass.

1. It should be noted that the California Neighbor Pass is considered a "Season Pass" as it is only valid for 9 months from first visit date.

https://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/web/en/us/faqs/annual-season-passes

Oh, I saw the title and I though Universal was starting to mail out the free Season Passes (they were called California Neighbor Passes too) to certain people again.....those were a nice surprise when they happened several years ago now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!