Universal Studios - Clock Tower

southlake

Mouseketeer
Hello!

My BTTF loving daughters want to see the Clock Tower. I haven't been to Universal Studios in 30+ years so I'm basically a newbie now as an adult :D

Is this only visible on the Tram Tour? How do we see it?

Hello!

My BTTF loving daughters want to see the Clock Tower. I haven't been to Universal Studios in 30+ years so I'm basically a newbie now as an adult :D

Is this only visible on the Tram Tour? How do we see it?

It is part of the tram tour, you just drive by the the town square and its one of the buildings. You can't get out and walk around the town square. However, Universal Studios is still a working studio, and sometimes the town square part is bi passed on the tram tour if it is being used for filming.

Also worth noting, again, that it’s a working studio, so the clock tower looks completely different than it did in back to the future.(the clock looks the same though.)

VIP tours generally let you get out and wander around the town square in front of the clock tower. Then you go into the Prop warehouse.
VIP tours do cost more than regular park tickets of course. As mentioned above, filming schedules would determine whether or not the clock tower would be part of the tour but filming at Universal is not as frequent as it used to be, it’s more of a theme park these days.

VIP tours generally let you get out and wander around the town square in front of the clock tower. Then you go into the Prop warehouse.
VIP tours do cost more than regular park tickets of course. As mentioned above, filming schedules would determine whether or not the clock tower would be part of the tour but filming at Universal is not as frequent as it used to be, it’s more of a theme park these days.
Thank you.

Just be sure that your daughters are aware that there is a possibility they will not get to see it, even if you book a VIP tour.

The day we were there in 2019, they were filming or doing something there and we had to bypass it. DD is also a big BTTF fan and was looking forward to seeing it, but we saw enough other stuff that she didn't miss it too much.

Have you thought about the Warner Brothers Studio Tour while you are in the area? It isn't far from Universal and we all absolutely loved that one. Saw a ton of amazing stuff. If your DDs are Harry Potter fans-- and if anyone in the family are Friends or Big Bang fans they will love it. There are also a ton of other movies and shows represented there-- like filming areas from Gilmore Girls, The Music Man and a ton of others. They also have a lot of props, costumes etc on display but I don't know how often they change those out (no doubt the Harry Potter area is permanent I would think)--- we saw a lot from Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Fantastic Beasts, Crazy Rich Asians and A Star is Born. The tram part of the tour changes depending on where and what they are filming on the lot, but we wound up getting to go through the prop building and also onto the All American (CW network show) soundstage as there were some other areas the tram couldn't go that day. I didn't know All American, but it was still really fun walking around their soundstage--- turn the corner and you completely feel like you are really inside a high school.

Just be sure that your daughters are aware that there is a possibility they will not get to see it, even if you book a VIP tour.

The day we were there in 2019, they were filming or doing something there and we had to bypass it. DD is also a big BTTF fan and was looking forward to seeing it, but we saw enough other stuff that she didn't miss it too much.

Have you thought about the Warner Brothers Studio Tour while you are in the area? It isn't far from Universal and we all absolutely loved that one. Saw a ton of amazing stuff. If your DDs are Harry Potter fans-- and if anyone in the family are Friends or Big Bang fans they will love it. There are also a ton of other movies and shows represented there-- like filming areas from Gilmore Girls, The Music Man and a ton of others. They also have a lot of props, costumes etc on display but I don't know how often they change those out (no doubt the Harry Potter area is permanent I would think)--- we saw a lot from Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Fantastic Beasts, Crazy Rich Asians and A Star is Born. The tram part of the tour changes depending on where and what they are filming on the lot, but we wound up getting to go through the prop building and also onto the All American (CW network show) soundstage as there were some other areas the tram couldn't go that day. I didn't know All American, but it was still really fun walking around their soundstage--- turn the corner and you completely feel like you are really inside a high school.

Thank you for this info! We will look into Warner Bros too. I know we would be so bummed if we went to Universal and the clock tower wasn't available to be viewed! But better to go in with managed expectations. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter