Universal Studios for the Christmas

pmdeve

DIS Veteran
We are planning on spending 2 days at Universal Studios early December. What does Universal have for the holiday? Also, I have an AP can I purchase the fast pass?

Universal has great decorations! We went once around Thanksgiving, and they were already up.

And yes, I you can buy Express Pass. We don't have APs, but we bought it when we were on a short trip and weren't staying at a resort that included it.

Also, check the schedule for the Harry potter section while you're there. It sometimes closes early for private events in the evening.

There's a Grinchmas acting production at Islands of Adventure throughout the day. Haven't seen it so I don't know what it entails. They also have a special light-production show outside of Hogwarts Castle in the evening. Although I'm not really clear if that Christmas light-show replaces the regular light-show, or is in addition to it. And if the DarkArts show is something in addition to THAT, or if it's just another name for the same lightshow.

Depending on how often you go and when, you may want to upgrade your AP for EP after 4. We did this (and we live in Iowa), but it was cheaper to upgrade than do one day of EP. Yes it doesn’t start until 4pm but we were able to a lot of things without the EP first then did a lot more after 4. This was 4th of July week too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter