Universal Studios Hollywood Parking Question

AndrewC

DIS Veteran
Anyone frequent Universal Studios and able to ask the parking gates what the deal is?

Google Maps (which is what Universal uses on their web page to show where their parking locations are) is still listing Frankenstein Garage as being preferred and valet parking. BUT, I've been told and experienced last year that valet is over in Jurassic Garage now. I think Jurassic is a horrible location for it since you have to fight through CityWalk crowds to get to the front gates. I usually do the VIP ticket for the day and RIP ticket at night time for Halloween Horror Nights. Valet used to be in Frankenstein Garage before the pandemic and I LOVED it. It was a nice quick drop off and easy to walk right to the security and VIP/RIP private entrance.

However, last year I was pointed towards Jurassic for the valet when I mentioned I had RIP tickets. Was I just told by someone working the garage that didn't know what was going on? Or has Universal really ruined their valet? It took like 10+ minutes to fight through crowds to get to the gate.

Anyone know if you can buy preferred or front gate parking during Halloween Horror Nights? Universal is very unclear (basically no info, just lists the prices of the different parking options for the day time) and when I called before they seemed confused and said the parking gate should direct me to where to park...

Honestly, they probably don’t know yet either.

There does seem to be valet at Jurassic Parking now. Not sure what’s happening at Frankenstein.

For Front Gate parking, I believe they stop offering it sometime in the afternoon. Maybe because it fills up or maybe they just stop offering it. I was there a week ago in the evening to visit CityWalk and Front Gate parking was not available. Of course, once HHN starts, maybe they’ll offer it in the evenings.

You’ll probably need to wait until HHN starts to get a confirmed answer. Or, if you are going the first night, just plan to get there a little earlier to account for some extra time to park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter