Universal Studios Hollywood Touring Plan

buyerbrad

Mouseketeer
Thought I would post this for those planning to visit. My wife and I visited last week:

We were given 2 tickets, so we were not eligible for Early Entry at 8:30am for Harry Potter and thought we would have to wait until 9am. However, at 8:23am, they opened the gates for all of those with early entry and after they had all entered, they opened the gates at 8:38am for everybody else.

1. Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey - Single Rider (walked right on and rode together)
2. Flight of the Hippogriff - Single Rider (walked right on and rode together) - we were done both by 9am and headed to lower lot for opening
3. Jurassic World - no wait
4. Transformers - no wait
5. Revenge of the Mummy - no wait
6. Simpsons - 5 minute wait
7. Studio Tour - no wait
8. The Walking Dead - 20 minute wait
Lunch - Cletus’ Chicken Shack
9. Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem - 20 minute wait
10. Kung Fu Panda - 10 minute wait
11. Animal Actors Show
12. Hollywood Effects Show
13. Water World

We were walking out of the park at 4:30pm.

This is awesome, we will be there next month and doing one day. This is helpful and we will use!

It's wise to hit the Harry Potter stuff, Jurassic, Transformers, and Studio Tour early (probably before lunch). If you do, on most days (especially if it's a week day) the lines are like 20 minutes or less, often 5 minutes or less if it's a week day. I always feel like I look like an idiot with a friend when we're on the VIP tour on a week day and our "right to the front of the line with our VIP guide" is only passing like 20 people in line.... then when the studio tour comes along and we get out and walk around I explain to them THAT'S why I bought the VIP :P (well and the awesome lunch!)

Walking Dead after lunch is hit or miss, but usually then can move a lot of people so 20 minutes or less during non-summer peak times. Mummy is hit or miss as well, but often (especially week days) drop down to 5 or 10 minutes anytime during the day and it's a great single rider option which is usually almost walk on. The ride is like 45 seconds so you don't really "miss" an experience with whoever you're with. Just hit the single rider line three or four times and call it a day for that ride, or if you happen to be walking by the lower lot and see it fairly short, hit the single rider for another round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter