Universal Studios vs Disney

Jodi1980

<font color=FF00CC>Pixie Dust can even make a mood
I know I can search the Universal Studios site but I was curious right now - we are going to WDW this March for our 10th visit for 7 days. My teenage daughter has already visited Universal and liked it. I never had the interest since I love WDW so much. Should I surprise her and schedule a day at Universal in March? How much is the admission? How much would it cost to travel there by Mears and how long would it take to get there? Aren't there more than one park there? Which one would be the best for someone that loves WDW? Thanks!

Yes go! It's nothing like Disney. You won't "feel the magic", but you will have a wonderful time! There are 2 parks (I've only been to one but am going to both this summer :) ) and you will have fun! And like Patrick said, visit the Universal boards. They have tons of information there and can answer any questions for you. The mods and posters there have been very helpful to us! :)

Universal is very different from WDW, but it's still a lot of fun! If your DD is a thrill ride type of person, she'll really like it there. Probably islands of Adventure is the closest to Disney because it has more theming to it. There are different "lands" just like MK. At her age, I would think that IOA would have lots of things to keep her very happy for at least one day.

My kids love Universal, but my son thinks WDW is for babies... (direct quote, sorry)

He is a thrill seeker who can't wait to be 54 inches so he can go on the Hulk, and Dueiling Dragons coasters.

The themeing in IOA is fantastic... and USF really, truly know how to take care of a guest. (IMO better than Disney, and have had an amazing guest experience there)

Amazing, full of technology rides such as Men In Black, Terminator 2 show..., Spiderman, Dueling Dragons/Hulk... and other amazing things... its just a different park.

You are comparing apples and oranges actually.

My DS, 14, hates Disney too. He absolutely loves IOA and USF. It's very different than Disney, very mature and definately geared more to the "ride" oriented. The more you go, the more you like!

Jodi:

You are more than welcome to join us over on the "Dark Side" :teeth: and have every question answered immediately.

To answer some now:

Mears does go from park to park, you can check their site at www.mearstransportation.com.

It is about a 20 minute ride.

WebmasterPete sells the tickets on the new USO site now. One day tickets, as with all parks, are rather pricy, and the two day, three day and 5 day tickets are a much better bargain. For information CLICK HERE

Do treat your DD to a day there, she'll love you for it! I can't drag my 10yo back to Disney because he's totally hooked!
:teeth:

I would surprise her! I think it's wonderful that she still wants to go with you. Our DS who is 16 doesn't want to go :( He says hes been way too many times and doesn't have any interest on going back. Hmmmm where did we go wrong ....LOL

I'm sure you will have fun at Universal too. I always find myself comparing it to Disney parks, saying things such as...You wouldn't see this mess at a Disney park, not as friendly etc..

Have A great Vacation

We didn't care for Universal, but we loved Islands of Adventure. The theming in the new park is excellent - there is magic there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter