Universal will reopen June 5th!

I've seen a few articles in the media talking about how low the attendance was at Universal the first two days...failing to mention the weather till you get several paragraphs in...and insinuating it's because Disney is closed.

Considering they expect the majority of business to be locals I dont see Disney having much of an affect on Universal.
I know a lot of folks on this board want to travel to Universal, but I don't think the general public is as comfortable with that idea yet...folks at work think I'm crazy even considering it.
We will be there in two weeks. I actually feel we will be safe traveling now with all the extra precautions everyone in the travel industry is taking to insure they don't need to close down again or even get bad press. We will be taking our own sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer and disinfecting spray to use in our hotel room just in case, as I feel we are the ones primarily responsible for our own safety. We will carry our own hand sanitizer and a travel pack of wipes into the parks. We are also traveling by our own car, so there's that. I think as time goes on and people become more lax about social distancing and sanitizing, it will be riskier. Of course I am also praying as time goes on there will continue to be less cases of the virus as well.

We will be there in two weeks. I actually feel we will be safe traveling now with all the extra precautions everyone in the travel industry is taking to insure they don't need to close down again or even get bad press. We will be taking our own sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer and disinfecting spray to use in our hotel room just in case, as I feel we are the ones primarily responsible for our own safety. We will carry our own hand sanitizer and a travel pack of wipes into the parks. We are also traveling by our own car, so there's that. I think as time goes on and people become more lax about social distancing and sanitizing, it will be riskier. Of course I am also praying as time goes on there will continue to be less cases of the virus as well.
I am not too concerned with traveling - and I think a lot of people on this board are Ok with it as well.
Everyone should take whatever precautions make them feel comfortable - I always bring wipes and clean the tray and armrest on flights and the remote in the hotel room.
The only thing keeping me from going is the mask requirement.
I've even booked refundable flights for various times the next few months (I had a large travel bank from canceled flights anyway) - hoping to make it to the bigger pass holder days events.

Had a good time at USF today decided to become a passholder after a decade hiatus. Didn't go to Islands though as I was catching up with the old stuff. I admit it's a different experience with social distancing, masks, mobile ordering and virtual queue it's something to get used to in time. Oh and I-4 traffic was smooth, something I haven't seen in 10-20 years. :)

Had a good time at USF today decided to become a passholder after a decade hiatus. Didn't go to Islands though as I was catching up with the old stuff. I admit it's a different experience with social distancing, masks, mobile ordering and virtual queue it's something to get used to in time. Oh and I-4 traffic was smooth, something I haven't seen in 10-20 years. :)

lol....seeing images online of an almost deserted I-4 a few weeks ago is something to behold.

Glad you had a good time though and hope you get to Islands soon......

Quick question on VQ- only one person has to get one for everyone in their party correct? That was how Jimmy Fallon worked.
The Universal app is worse than Disney in some ways. My login and app shows only my husbands pass as active even though I’m the one who bought all three of our passes (at different times). Hoping we can all do a mobile order to get the freestyle cup!

Only one person, and they do not need to have an active ticket in the system. If you have multiple devices in your family, each person can get a VL pass.

Quick question on VQ- only one person has to get one for everyone in their party correct? That was how Jimmy Fallon worked.
The Universal app is worse than Disney in some ways. My login and app shows only my husbands pass as active even though I’m the one who bought all three of our passes (at different times). Hoping we can all do a mobile order to get the freestyle cup!

Let us know how the mobile ordering goes with getting the freestyle cup! Will be there in 10 days and hoping to do the same for our party of 5!

For the Free freestyle cup (annual pass deal), if four of us have the AP, can I do one mobile order on one device (four entrees) and get four free freestyle cups? Or would we have to have four different orders on different devices? Thanks!

Hello all..arriving on the 18th of june with the family since our disney trip isnt happening..how do you add the other members to the party for the VQ system? obvoiusly on MDE your plans are all snyced through "my plans "and your travel party..how exactly do i acheive this on the universal app? thanks

Hello all..arriving on the 18th of june with the family since our disney trip isnt happening..how do you add the other members to the party for the VQ system? obvoiusly on MDE your plans are all snyced through "my plans "and your travel party..how exactly do i acheive this on the universal app? thanks
I believe you just add the number in your party when you reserve. You don't have to name them.

I believe you just add the number in your party when you reserve. You don't have to name them.
Yes it ask how many members in your party. So dead this morning no need for VL- walker right into Hagrids. Haven’t had to use VL at all. No waits on anything - we got into Kong with no wait but I see they are using VL now. Lots of times available. 1245 at Mythos checked in 30 minutes early, waited about 10 minutes. Already have appetizer and drink. Mask is hot but lots of AC on rides to cool off. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be actually. Pictures a time capsule of this era- and the kiddo once again showed off her shooting skills...
Haven’t had chance to use mobile order yet but will this afternoon- want the cup!

Attachments

• 662DC815-0D53-438B-853D-2559EF9D9431.jpeg
    662DC815-0D53-438B-853D-2559EF9D9431.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 127EF39B-E4AA-4799-B367-F64900888656.jpeg
    127EF39B-E4AA-4799-B367-F64900888656.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 23
Yes it ask how many members in your party. So dead this morning no need for VL- walker right into Hagrids. Haven’t had to use VL at all. No waits on anything - we got into Kong with no wait but I see they are using VL now. Lots of times available. 1245 at Mythos checked in 30 minutes early, waited about 10 minutes. Already have appetizer and drink. Mask is hot but lots of AC on rides to cool off. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be actually. Pictures a time capsule of this era- and the kiddo once again showed off her shooting skills...
Haven’t had chance to use mobile order yet but will this afternoon- want the cup!
Did you make a reservation for Mythos?

I'll say it now and we'll see if I'm right (or wrong) in a few months. The mask requirement will go to the wayside by the end of August/early Sept.

Ok - I was wrong! Glad WDW/UO are open and enforcing policies which will allow for the parks to remain open and statistically risk-free. We have lots of masks ready for our Oct/Dec/Jan/March trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter