University of Rhode Island

Jeannie

<font color=blue>Taking the slow route to 1000 pos
Has anyone gone here? We're going to look at it this weekend with DD. I've heard good and bad about it.

Thanks,
Jeannie

Jeannie, where are you from?

Didn't go there, haven't been there, but my DD is considering making a visit too. On the "good" side, DD's interested in Biology and we have heard that their programs are strong in that field, and that also they may be generous with merit based aid out for out of state students (as opposed to the level of merit aid she might get from UNH or a NH State college) to diversify their student body. One of the "bad" things (in her opinion) is that Kingston is apparently a rather rural campus and DD would prefer suburban...and the size of the school is a larger than her ideal.

I'll be curious as to any responses you get on here......
and also your impressions after your visit!!!
:)

URILOGOb080.gif

I'm a proud member of the class of 1981 and a life-long RI resident.

Kingston is much less rural than I was there and there are many, many more amenities for students now. The school is doing a great job with dorm renovations with the idea of creating a community of students. I believe that at least one of the newly-renovated is for freshmen. Science programs have always been strong......also a great engineering school.

You're welcome to PM me with any questions.
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter