Unknowns about FP's for SWGE- What's your planning strategy for 2020?

Angeliki19

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I planned a "last minute" trip for my 40th birthday in the spring and number one on my list is SWGE! We are so excited but the huge unknown about whether or not FP's will be offered for the two rides is throwing me for a loop. I have a while to go before I need to make any FP's, but I did make reservations for Savi's, Oga's and the Droid Depot. It's just hard to know how long it will take us to get through the two rides without FP's. My current plan has us starting our activity reservations around 11:15. I was thinking that if we rope dropped, we could hopefully get through both rides by then.

Does this seem like a good strategy? I have been reading that wait times are around 60 minutes. That seems like it might be a little tight then to be done by 11 to check in at Droid Depot. How is everyone else handling this unknown? Just curious. Also my thinking is that if there are no FP's for SWGE, we should rope drop that and make our FP's for other DHS rides later in the day, but is it a mob scene at rope drop?

Thanks!

the absolute less busy time of day is at night, the last 2 hours of park operations sees MFSR at 30 minutes and under. Now RotR is the big unknown here but with everyone thinking the best strategy is to rope drop, again, end of the night might be the best time to go

You are following my rough plan for January. My FP day is Monday so we won't know much by then but I'm making passes in other areas after 11am so that we have time to do those 2 rides first. I'm planning for it to look like FoP and plan accordingly around that type of thing (I desperately hope I'm wrong). We'll know a lot more after 12/5.

Leading up to your trip, it might be a good idea to check MDE several times and different times of the day to see the wait times. We were surprised to find that RD MFSR wasn't the most logical choice for us. The wait times were lower in the afternoon. Of course, there is a much larger ride opening next month which will throw everything off. Still, you will have a few months to see how things are looking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!