Unlimited internet

DisneyDarwin

Mouseketeer
We're on the Magic the week of Thanksgiving. How much is unlimited internet these days? I heard it was discontinued briefly, but is back -- is that correct? Any idea if I can pay for it separately and not have it show up on my final fill? My wife loves to e-mail and chit-chat with her mother and sister (in Japan!), but she's too frugal and would never pony up this much cash. It's her vacation too and I want her to do what she likes, so I want her to have it. If I can pay for it separately, I'll tell her I got a discount through the boards, or got it comp as a returning cruiser --- she'll accept that, since she left all the details to me and doesn't know otherwise. If it has to go on the bill, then I'll just take the less attractive route of telling her that I wanted it for myself and we're getting it, and that's that.

It will show on your bill, there is no way around that. :)

I considered the $89 to be too much when we were on the cruise last week. I went on line about 5 times and rushed each time and did the bare minimum (and took advantage of the happy hour on the first night, and then first 5 mins free later in the cruise) and it still cost be about $30 odd dollars. Now my ds and dh were spending $10 a day between them in Quartermasters, and I have decided that next time I am going to pay the $89 and spend time doing what I enjoy without feeling harrassed to finish because of the cost, I enjoy keeping in touch with friends via email and I think if you budget in for it up front it doesn't seem so bad when you get there!

Lorraine

I also felt the charge was alot, but I did use the internet quite a bit and after figuring it by the minutes, it would have cost me a whole lot more if I did not get the package.

I agree that if you budget ahead of time and build it into the price of the cruise it doesn't sting so bad.

MJ

Well, my best friend calls me sneaky, so this is what I'd recommend. You can call ahead to Ship Ahoy (is that the right name? the company that supplies in cabin gifts) and buy a "stateroom credit" for $100 or so. Send a card announcing the stateroom credit as a gift from "a friend" saying that they really wanted your wife to have the 'net access while onboard and that the credit should be used for that.

Of course, you have to find a friend willing to go along with the story :)

Julie

Nice tip, Julie. I'm OK with sneaky for a good cause, like making my wife happy. I agree with others that the price is too high, but DCL isn't making me do it, I'm choosing to do it. My pet peeve has always been the price of their pictures. I strongly believe they'd sell more and make more money by lowering their prices, but I don't think they are interested. I know the soda thing is a common cost hot button, too. I personally am waiting for the bottomless rum and coke mug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter