Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Antibiotics for the double ear infection and physical therapy starts Monday. I'm just a ray of sunshine. But...

Planning a Spring Break trip (week before Easter madness week), possibly a 5 nighter at the Fort.
Oh dear!! You poor thing!!
I hope you've got some good pain killers and can rest up to get past those ear infections!!

Hi and what a fun idea.

Today I didn't do much. It is way too hot in NYC right now so I stayed inside most of the day. Just got home from seeing Pete's Dragon. Besides that trying to figure out if I have a sinus infection or tooth infection :( whatever it is one of my cheeks just feels swollen and off even though my fiance says nothing looks wrong from the outside.
Hot you say?
How hot is hot?
Trying to work out what clothes to pack.
I figured shirts and a tank with a light cardigan or a maxi skirt/dress should work?
Also, how warm does it stay in the evening/night?

Also, sorry about the sinus/tooth ache! Hopefully it doesn't last long!

Hot you say?
How hot is hot?
I figured shirts and a tank with a light cardigan or a maxi skirt/dress should work?

So yesterday it was 95 with a feel feel of 105 with the humidity .... That's like 40 Celsius (not sure what they use in Australia)

I know my wife does a lot of the light summer/maxi dress type thing

Happy Sunday. We spent Saturday in the house. Too damn hot to go anywhere. We did go out last night for a memorial service for a friend whose father died last week.

Today, I'm going into the office around 11am. We provide medical services for the shipping industry so when a crew member on a ship (freighter, tanker, barge, tug, etc.) needs to see a doctor, they call us, which can be 7 days a week. I'll hang out there for an hour or so after that to do regular office work, prescription refill requests that have come in over the weekend, faxes, etc.

No plans for the rest of the day as it is still too damn hot to go anywhere.

I do plan to cut my hair later. Need to look my best for my meeting with @Princess Jes on Friday!!!!

A friend of mine in Philadelphia posted this on Facebook last night: "It's midnight. The air temperature is 87 degrees; humidity 72%; feels like 100 degrees. Did I mention it's midnight?"
87 would be 30.5 Jes, and 100 would be 37.8. At midnight.

I do believe this weather system is supposed to break soon so hopefully it won't be quite as oppressive by the time you get here. I just checked the 10-day and it calls for a high of 88(31) and a low of 74(23) on Friday. Still pretty warm and steamy but not quite as awful as it's been.

This week my safari was closed for construction. So hardly any hours and the two days I did work was literally 5 of us standing around and talking and occasionally dealing with a guest tantrum. People don't understand the concept that the zoo is for animals not our little section of rides for small children. Like if a guest complains too me one more time that they "have to go watch animals" because "there isn't enough rides" i'm going to lose it!:rolleyes:

Other than that I enjoyed my time off before stuff starts getting busy. My last day off before stuff gets busy. HOS rehearsals start soon so I might not have more than 1 or 2 days off in all of September. Then i'm debating weather I want to work 6 days (4 at HOS, 2 at zoo) during October. Or just do 5 days a week as usual. (4 at hos 1 at zoo)

Also on top of that I'm looking into starting a travel agent career. I don't know what I want to focus on. Maybe international travel, maybe groups/honeymoons. No clue yet. Basically this means looking at a crap ton of "host agency's" with similar ratings, similar everything and reading the policy's/asking questions to find the "best" out of a ton of similar companies. A majority of my knowledge right now is Disney. But with selling to locals (i'm 1-2 hours away from Disney depending on what part of the county someone is in) I don't feel like it will be something I would have people want to do often, when most people around here who have an interest in Disney have passes..

So lots of research while doing lots of work at my jobs and hopefully picking a host in October so I can start learning systems while I'm finishing up at HOS.

I'm in need of some cheering up.
My bff of 20 years had a baby at 31 weeks due to preeclampsia. He passed away on Friday at 8 weeks old.
I'm a RN at the hospital where he was in our NICU. I know it's irrational but I feel like we failed them. I feel responsible in some way. Logically I know it has nothing to do with me, and I knew he wasn't going to survive but that doesn't change how I feel.
I'm sitting in my car dreading going in to work in 10 minutes.
Sorry guys. I know that was a real downer, but I really could use some love and support from my fellow Dis geeks.

I am so, so sorry to hear this. Please let me know if there's anything we can do to help you. :grouphug::hug:

My bff of 20 years had a baby at 31 weeks due to preeclampsia. He passed away on Friday at 8 weeks old.
I'm a RN at the hospital where he was in our NICU. I know it's irrational but I feel like we failed them. I feel responsible in some way. Logically I know it has nothing to do with me, and I knew he wasn't going to survive but that doesn't change how I feel.
Sorry guys. I know that was a real downer, but I really could use some love and support from my fellow Dis geeks.
So sorry to hear about you and your bff's loss. When my SIL had stillborn twins a number of years ago, the nurse told her the babies were now guardian angels to my SIL and her other children. Believe it or not, the family talks about their guardian angels watching over them to this day. It helped them in their grief. Thank you for your work as an RN; I'm sure your compassionate nature has helped many people.

What did you think of Pete's Dragon? I really want to go see it but am afraid the opening scene might be too intense for my kids (they are a tad sensitive - they found Frozen scary the first time they saw it, for example)

I liked it. I would say we had at least 2 or 3 kids leave the theater at different time because they were scared. I'll put a spoiler tag below with more detail if you don't mind spoilers. I think at the end it is okay but there are some scenes smaller or sensitive kids may be upset by but they don't last too long.

The opening scene is tasteful but does involve a car accident. You never seen Pete's parents dead but it is very clear that they die in the accident. Also there is a scene where Pete is hunted and shot with tranquilizers. That was very scary for the youngest in the audience. Finally there are at least 2 scenes where Pete snarles, growls, and finally at the end shoots fire in which two main characters almost die. So caution with younger or sensitive kids

Hot you say?
How hot is hot?

It is upwards of 90 to 95 but feels like 100 or higher. Shorts and t-shirts are okay but you probably won't need the cardigan. When are you coming? I think it is suppose to break this week and then we will be back to the high 80s. It is so hard to tell what our weather will be like because it has been so different the last couple of years. Last year it was dripping hot until Novemeber which is unheard of. We usually cool off in mid September.

Hi and what a fun idea.

Today I didn't do much. It is way too hot in NYC right now so I stayed inside most of the day. Just got home from seeing Pete's Dragon. Besides that trying to figure out if I have a sinus infection or tooth infection :( whatever it is one of my cheeks just feels swollen and off even though my fiance says nothing looks wrong from the outside.

Sinus infections are the absolute WORST!!! I've been suffering for years, but they seem to be easing up a bit. One school year (I'm a teacher) I had 13 of them in 10 months! Ugh!

I want to see Pete's Dragon but am on the bandwagon of not liking all of these live action remakes. This was one of my favorite movies growing up, so I have high expectations for it and already do not like the dragon appearing more as a monster than anything else. Here's hoping the story is not completely destroyed. I'm going to see it next week.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I can only imagine how you must feel. Big hugs.

Hope all that are in physical and/or mental discomfort start feeling better SOON - will have all of you in my "healing light rays sent" beam!

@WDWRNTLK - I'm sorry you couldn't help that little angel, but have no fear in knowing he IS now an angel. I also am quite sure that the patients where you work, and especially your BFF and her family, are MUCH better off having you to help them deal with situations like this, as compassionate as you are. I'm sorry it's taking its toll on you, but it shows how blessed the world is to have caring people like you in the caregiving industry. I'm sure you make a BIG difference EVERY day! HUGS!!

@*NikkiBell* - Great thread, thanx!

Last edited:
We're spending our afternoon watching a great classic film - Singin' in the Rain. I've never actually seen the whole film.

Last edited:
We're spending our afternoon watching a great classic film - Singin' in the Rain. I've never actually see the whole film.
Cool, enjoy! Soon as you said that, my mind went right to the "umbrella photo op" in the Studios, don't even know if it's still there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter