Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

fighting with prescription insurance. It helps to know that my doctor is fighting hard for me to get my medicine after being denied (I have been using this medicine now for over a year).
This drives us nuts, and it gets worse every day. I've been having patients' prescriptions denied for old, dirt cheap, generic meds. It isn't even just the fancy expensive stuff anymore. They don't want to cover anything. It is one of the things that is slowly driving me out of family practice.

My safari is down today. I'm bored out of my mind. They have us just during on thevtean doing nothing.

It has been a rough couple of days for me...fighting with prescription insurance. It helps to know that my doctor is fighting hard for me to get my medicine after being denied (I have been using this medicine now for over a year). Luckily, I get to go to the movies tonight to see Nine Lives.

Sorry to hear that - glad to hear your doctor is fighting for you

I hate when insurance companies tell you what they know is best for you or what you need (and I work in insurance)

Do you have definite dates for that yet?

Almost. We will announce very soon. Just finalizing things.

It has been a rough couple of days for me...fighting with prescription insurance. It helps to know that my doctor is fighting hard for me to get my medicine after being denied (I have been using this medicine now for over a year). Luckily, I get to go to the movies tonight to see Nine Lives.

So sorry! Hugs.

Sorry, fighting with insurance/prescription companies bites! Hope you "win". Enjoy the movie, the previews I saw looked cute!

This drives us nuts, and it gets worse every day. I've been having patients' prescriptions denied for old, dirt cheap, generic meds. It isn't even just the fancy expensive stuff anymore. They don't want to cover anything. It is one of the things that is slowly driving me out of family practice.

Thanks!! I also have a liaison that is helping me. They got me a "bridge" shipment because I was out as of yesterday and it could be up to 30 days for the appeal to go through. The only reason they denied it the second time was because my Vit D level was too low. My doctor put me on a med to up it, so we shall see.

Sorry to hear that - glad to hear your doctor is fighting for you

I hate when insurance companies tell you what they know is best for you or what you need (and I work in insurance)

Thanks!!!

So sorry! Hugs.

Thanks!! I was in tears the other day. I figured that if I didn't get the medicine I would end up in the hospital.

Sorry, fighting with insurance/prescription companies bites! Hope you "win". Enjoy the movie, the previews I saw looked cute!

The movie was just OK. It was cute, but I can't say I would see it again. Now Bad Moms on the other hand...that was good and I would see that again. My friends and I have been going to movies once a week. One of our local theaters has $5 Tuesdays and we try to go then (it is for all movies), plus popcorn, sodas and candy are cheaper. They also have a refillable bucket for the whole year. We decided to buy one last night because the price went down and even if we all buy popcorn when we go we are spending more money than the refills cost ($4.00).

Happy Disney Tuesday! :mickeyjum

Am I the only one who are having serious withdrawals and awaiting the next DIS Unplugged episode? :rotfl:

When I got back from my vacation I had a few un-listened episodes that I was sure were going to get me through to the next scheduled one... but I binged them all in one go! :music:popcorn:::banana:

I am having quite some administrative things to do at the office today, so a DIS episode would be the perfect companion. :teeth:

:tinker:

Happy Tuesday.
I got a text last night from the urgent care medical director that he was swamped at one of the clinics and asking for help. I ended up going in and working 7-9 (after being in my office 7:30-5) so that was something different.

Tonight we're going to my wife's cousins' place for homemade pizza and a movie. Not sure what they all decided to watch. I'm just the pizza chef (though my wife makes the dough).

It's still blazing hot and humid here. Heat index is supposed to be 108 today. They say the humidity will break in a day or two. I certainly hope so since we'll be in NYC for the weekend.

Happy Tuesday.
I got a text last night from the urgent care medical director that he was swamped at one of the clinics and asking for help. I ended up going in and working 7-9 (after being in my office 7:30-5) so that was something different.

Tonight we're going to my wife's cousins' place for homemade pizza and a movie. Not sure what they all decided to watch. I'm just the pizza chef (though my wife makes the dough).

It's still blazing hot and humid here. Heat index is supposed to be 108 today. They say the humidity will break in a day or two. I certainly hope so since we'll be in NYC for the weekend.
108ºF.... Eeep, that's really hot! :eek: :faint:

I can take the heat (lived in AZ) but the humidity is killing me when the temps rise.

Home made pizza is the best! Sounds lika a great evening planned. :banana:

108ºF.... Eeep, that's really hot! :eek: :faint:

I can take the heat (lived in AZ) but the humidity is killing me when the temps rise.
Yep. It really is the humidity that makes it unbearable. There is a huge difference between 95 degrees with low humidity and 95 degrees with high humidity.

Yep. It really is the humidity that makes it unbearable. There is a huge difference between 95 degrees with low humidity and 95 degrees with high humidity.
Oh yeah, indeed. :sunny:

Well, here in Sweden it never gets to 108 any day in the summer. Here about 86ºF is considered a very hot day. And we never even see the temps hit the 90's. :faint:

Personally I love the dry heat and a summer day in Phoenix or Tucson never really bothered me, as long as I could get some shade and stayed hydrated at all times. :cheer2:

But as for FL and WDW, I prefer to come in late September to October, I have once visited in February. And the morning hours then were like an average Swedish summer day... LOL! I missed my hoodie at first but it climbed to descent temps already just before lunch time. :laughing::thumbsup2

I can't wait for my upcoming weekend away in 4 weeks to Hartford, CT to see my "hockey family" at our yearly convention. Some I don't get to see during the hockey and some I do, but it is a great to catch up and have lots of laughs (and some drinks).

I love working for a job that makes you stand under and around metal during a massive storm full of lightning.......... like I'm pretty sure the policy says to be inside during the current weather status. You would also think a zoo in Florida would know better.

I love working for a job that makes you stand under and around metal during a massive storm full of lightning.......... like I'm pretty sure the policy says to be inside during the current weather status. You would also think a zoo in Florida would know better.
Geeze - not good - sorry. Be careful!

Don't be to sure. I worked for an amusement park in the parking lot. Did they care about out health and safety? Nope!

I had a nice scary day. Took my older 2 kids to soccer and had the youngest with me. He decided that mommy was boring and he needed to go for a run...around the park. As I am chasing him I realized that the fence has a huge gap that goes off into the woods and drops off. I was able to get him, but he took off again and ended up in the parking lot twice. This child! Cannot wait until he is old enough to know better.

I get to be the bad guy today at work...We sent out a letter in March asking for our sign manufacturers to update their information and we haven't heard from over half of them. I get to send out the email and say that if we don't hear from them we are taking them off of our publication and they will no longer be approved for sign manufacturing in PA. :rolleyes1

I had a nice scary day. Took my older 2 kids to soccer and had the youngest with me. He decided that mommy was boring and he needed to go for a run...around the park. As I am chasing him I realized that the fence has a huge gap that goes off into the woods and drops off. I was able to get him, but he took off again and ended up in the parking lot twice. This child! Cannot wait until he is old enough to know better.

I almost liked out of sympathy....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter