Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

It sounds like you're having a hell of a time! It's never nice when you're having a bad time at work but trust me, I feel your pain :( I really hope things start looking up for you soon!

Oh that is so frustrating! Went through that a few years ago at my first job. I actually started doing training myself because I worked at a big pet store chain and wanted no part in the mishandling of the small animals and the disease that constantly was spreading in the store.

I feel like a zoo that's been at it's current location scenes the 50's and open far longer should have it's crap together.

Sean what work do you do? My company has a London based arm and is mostly remote there.

I work as a department manager in a large retail store so short of going back to uni and a drastic career change, I fear I maybe stuck hauling my butt into work for the foreseeable future :')

Doing research the the zoo's history it was once called the "worst zoo in america" by the humaine society.

I work as a department manager in a large retail store so short of going back to uni and a drastic career change, I fear I maybe stuck hauling my butt into work for the foreseeable future :')

Oh boo. I got super lucky and got into billing and accounts receivable with out having to go back to school.

I need to find myself a sweet position like that! I think everybody needs a change now and then.

I put my resume on monster and actually got head hunter for 5 different companies for similar positions. Before this job I worked strictly retail and at Starbucks (with a stint at WDW) so was completely shocked.

Watching "Going RV" on Great American Country channel, there's a couple on here, their names are Nikki and Jason Wynn living in Los Angeles, and she's a makeup artist that looks like she could be Julie Martin's sister. FOR REAL. :scratchin

Good day peeps! :wave2:

It looks like another slow day here at Tech Support. Hence me hanging out here already before 10 am (local time). :surfweb:

But it looks like it's going to be a great day here and as soon as I am done at work I'll head straight to Mall of Scandinavia to check out if there are any news in our Disney Store! :smickey:

:tinker:

Last edited:
I haven't been around the boards much lately but we've got everything in the world going on right now..

* Spent the night in the Detroit airport the night before an interview in Charlotte (Detroit was a layover) after getting delayed 4 times and ultimately cancelled (curse you, Delta). Delta said "Sorry, we have no hotel rooms and no blankets due to the craziness this week.. but here's a bottle of water!" ..... Flew into CLT at 7:05, landed at 8:45 and made it on time to my interview at 10 AM. No shower, no sleep, and with an un-ironed suit, but they must have liked me because I was offered a job so that means...

* Preparing for a move from PA to NC
* Getting married in 2.5 weeks
* Honeymooning in Hawaii/DLR for 2 weeks afterwards

And moving right after that!

Bonus, we will be 8 hours from WDW so that means we'll be driving down every weekend! Okay, maybe once every few months.

Hope you guys are doing well.

I haven't been around the boards much lately but we've got everything in the world going on right now..

* Spent the night in the Detroit airport the night before an interview in Charlotte (Detroit was a layover) after getting delayed 4 times and ultimately cancelled (curse you, Delta). Delta said "Sorry, we have no hotel rooms and no blankets due to the craziness this week.. but here's a bottle of water!" ..... Flew into CLT at 7:05, landed at 8:45 and made it on time to my interview at 10 AM. No shower, no sleep, and with an un-ironed suit, but they must have liked me because I was offered a job so that means...

Bonus, we will be 8 hours from WDW so that means we'll be driving down every weekend! Okay, maybe once every few months.

@Vernie822 Wow - congrats on obviously crushing the job interview, especially after all that. Big congrats on the upcoming wedding, and everything else that's going to be going on! Can't wait to read your dining reports, since they always ROCK! And I always here everybody say - don't forget to slow down, and enjoy you wedding day! Best wishes for a beautiful new chapter of your life coming up!!

Well gosh came back to work feeling a little better and got a sock to the face. Found out the rumor mills have been real and probably will be out of a job sometime between October and the end of the year. I would feel much better if they told us now and let us know if a severance package was involved or not so I could plan. I have a long trip in September so don't really fell comfortable looking until after that.

Well gosh came back to work feeling a little better and got a sock to the face. Found out the rumor mills have been real and probably will be out of a job sometime between October and the end of the year. I would feel much better if they told us now and let us know if a severance package was involved or not so I could plan. I have a long trip in September so don't really fell comfortable looking until after that.
That sucks. Sorry to hear it.

My advice would be to start looking as soon as you can and just be upfront with everyone about your availability timeline.

Sorry to hear that - definitely sounds stressful and totally get what you are saying about wanting to know officially either way

Definitely start looking now for other opportunities just to be safe, I'd say

Congrats!!! I really like the Charlotte area. There are so many cool places around that area.

So, late yesterday at work we got an email saying that they were working on the water fountains in our building and there will be bottled water available.

Fast forward to today...we get another email saying that there will be bottled water until next Wednesday until they find out what is the issue with the water and then replace the filters on the fountains. This should be interesting the next couple of days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter