Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Holy cow. We leave for Disney in 3 weeks, and my genius of a middle son goes and gets a concussion. It could be a lot worse, but really kid? Stopped giving mommy a heart attack!

Holy cow. We leave for Disney in 3 weeks, and my genius of a middle son goes and gets a concussion. It could be a lot worse, but really kid? Stopped giving mommy a heart attack!
Gee - hope he's okay,. @superme80 ! And in case I don't get around to saying it later - have a magical pixiedust: trip!

Oh no! Sending healing / be better by your trip thoughts!

Thank you. He is back to his pain the butt self. So that is good. Just need to wrap these boys in bubble wrap for the next 17 days.
Used to have a co-worker who said that about his son every year, when same thing would happen before their annual trip. And always to his SON, never his DAUGHTER. :confused3:rotfl:

Used to have a co-worker who said that about his son every year, when same thing would happen before their annual trip. And always to his SON, never his DAUGHTER. :confused3:rotfl:
As a mom of 3 boys, there is something about boys! Now middle son is wanting to do gymnastics. He said, "I want to do the high bar". Lord help me!!!!!

Thinking of binging this weekend on some Marvel movies to catch-up at least to Black Panther (I feel deficient). I know we will need to watch the Indy 500 qualifications throughout the weekend too.

I am getting ready to put my $2 wager on the Preakness. Justify won the Derby, and with a much smaller field, he should at least finish in the money. If I win a place bet, that will almost pay for one gallon of gas.

Thinking of binging this weekend on some Marvel movies to catch-up at least to Black Panther (I feel deficient). I know we will need to watch the Indy 500 qualifications throughout the weekend too.

I am getting ready to put my $2 wager on the Preakness. Justify won the Derby, and with a much smaller field, he should at least finish in the money. If I win a place bet, that will almost pay for one gallon of gas.
Good luck on Justify, hope you win! Friends and I get together every year and do a "Derby Day" thing, but we're not doing Preakness or Belmont this year, due to work schedules. I like Justify, and he's a good looking horse too (yes - it's a "girl thing" that the horse has to be "good looking") :o. I bet on names though, so if I were betting, I'd go with either Good Magic, or Lone Sailor (since that's me). :) Have fun, good luck!

To those watching the Preakness--- Black-eyed Susan Cocktails.
I have not been to the Preakness...but, when driving somewhere up there when in town...I know that I miss a turn or lost (not a good neighborhood).

To those watching the Preakness--- Black-eyed Susan Cocktails.
I have not been to the Preakness...but, when driving somewhere up there when in town...I know that I miss a turn or lost (not a good neighborhood).
When I was recently living in MD briefly, my friends took me by there to see it. I have also been to Churchill Downs, and used their restrooms right after I graduated from Boot Camp in Orlando, FL, and was driving with a friend's family on leave to their home in WI. Favorite story of mine - had no IDEA what the place was until YEARS later, when I saw "that pretty place with the white church-looking steeples". And every time I see it now, I think "I PEED there!!" (I use another word, but will err on the side of caution and use a more "family friendly" word). :)

Good luck on Justify, hope you win! Friends and I get together every year and do a "Derby Day" thing, but we're not doing Preakness or Belmont this year, due to work schedules. I like Justify, and he's a good looking horse too (yes - it's a "girl thing" that the horse has to be "good looking") :o. I bet on names though, so if I were betting, I'd go with either Good Magic, or Lone Sailor (since that's me). :) Have fun, good luck!

I actually picked Lone Sailor as a long shot in the Derby. Why? Well as a loooooong time New Orleans Saints fan (and someone who recruited 6-8 friends to stay with the team in the hotels when they had a game outside of N'awlins), Lone Sailor is owned/trained by G M B Racing (https://www.americasbestracing.net/owners/g-m-b-racing). G is for Gayle Benson, wife of recently deceased New Orleans Saints owner, Tom Benson. So I had no choice with putting down a couple of $ on him.

Good Magic came out of nowhere in the Derby. I did put a small $ on our local Florida horses (Vinno Rosso and Audible).

You're pick as a "girl thing", to me, is just as credible as those that are seasoned experts. I pretended to know what I'm doing and look at track conditions, post position and length, but lost on 3/4 $2 bets. Last of the big time betters right?

Last edited:
When I was recently living in MD briefly, my friends took me by there to see it. I have also been to Churchill Downs, and used their restrooms right after I graduated from Boot Camp in Orlando, FL, and was driving with a friend's family on leave to their home in WI. Favorite story of mine - had no IDEA what the place was until YEARS later, when I saw "that pretty place with the white church-looking steeples". And every time I see it now, I think "I PEED there!!" (I use another word, but will err on the side of caution and use a more "family friendly" word). :)

Been to Pimlico, too. I loved the entrance from the stables to the track. Although the surrounding area is, well, not affluent, I couldn't help but think back to the match race between Seabiscuit and War Admiral in 1938. For that reason alone, I realized I was standing in history and gave me long pause. I watched the movie Seabiscuit and understood how a horse's heart can trump superior size/conditioning; I even purchased the soundtrack!

Since my mom(is from) and all her family still live in KY we have always had a KY Derby Party. I did win on the third place horse. I happened to be looking at horses and when I called the horses name my 5 year old niece told me to pick him. I actually shared my earnings with her since she actually picked the horse. I love everything about the KY Derby. I probably know most of the words to My Old KY Home (even the ones that were changed. lol) My dad saw it once from the in field or something like that. He was in the military at the time. Although we don't really do much for the other races we most likely would watch but if I had to choose between that and the Royal wedding I may take the wedding. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!