Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Me too!! Feels like forever ago.

I think it’s been forever and a day!!

Is she the one from New Zealand or Middle Earth or wherever?

Best way to offend an Aussie?
Ask if they’re from New Zealand!! Haha.
I jest. My first US trip, we kept getting asked if we were from NZ. Not sure why NZ comes before Australia, but there you go.

Shhh!! Don’t tell everyone Steve!! I’ll take a pay cut if people think Australia isn’t real!!!

Haha Steve, I’ll see what I can do!
I’ll have to get them to actually make them, given they’re just props.

I would had made this is a separate thread, but....
Happy National Avocado Day!

MJ is probably decked out today with her avocado bling and enjoying her favorite guacamole.

They're the books which really cemented my love of reading. I believe they started coming out when I was in second grade!!

I remember reading them with my mom when I was somewhere in the kindergarten to first grade range - definitely the first real chapter book I ever read and it just expanded my love of reading that much more.

Harry Potter and I are the same age. They came out when I graduated high school! :scared: I read them because my mom was so against "witchcraft". So I HAD to see what all the fuss was about. :stir: I ended up falling in love with them. My oldest is more than halfway thru The Sorcerers Stone and is loving it!

Harry Potter and I are the same age. They came out when I graduated high school! :scared: I read them because my mom was so against "witchcraft". So I HAD to see what all the fuss was about. :stir: I ended up falling in love with them. My oldest is more than halfway thru The Sorcerers Stone and is loving it!

I remember so looking forward to them coming out each time, and read most of them until the binding came apart! (Nerd Alert!!!)

So I have always had motion sickness issues, but have always been okay at Disney, the only thing that has done me in is Mickey's Wheel of Death at DCA. Today I visited a local amusement park and only lasted 4 rather mild rides before I was beyond sick. So so sick.
Ugh, it worries me it's getting worse with age. I still have so much Disney I want to see! It worries me greatly I will never see Tron, Pandora or other big rides down the road.

Last edited:
So I have always had motion sickness issues, but always been okay at Disney, the only thing that has done me in is Mickey's Wheel of Death at DCA. Today I visited a local amusement park and only lasted 4 rather mild rides before I was beyond sick. So so sick.
Ugh, it worries me it's getting worse with age. I still have so much Disney I want to see! It worries me greatly I will never see Tron, Pandora or other big rides down the road.
Have you tried any meds like Dramamine or Scopalomine?

Yes, I have some success with Dramamine but it makes me drowsy and so I only last so long before needing to sleep it off, that works great for going to a local carnival, but not so great for all day Disney touring. I may ask my doctor next time I am in. I will read up on the other one you mentioned.
LOL I am still in my 30's, so I am shaking my head that it could be such an issue already.

Yes, I have some success with Dramamine but it makes me drowsy and so I only last so long before needing to sleep it off, that works great for going to a local carnival, but not so great for all day Disney touring.
The Transderm Scop patch is what millions of cruisers swear by. It's a small patch you wear behind your ear for 3 days at a time. It is a prescription product.

I thought it would be fun to start a thread for daily chit chat about things going on in our lives, activities or events happening, etc. Think of this as our "DIS Unplugged coffee shop." What's everyone up to?
so this is pretty random; however, I'll be in Walt Disney World in a few weeks and need a lightning fast internet connection to register for a Disney event.

The WDW hotels' business centers all use wifi so that won't be fast enough.

Does anyone know where I could rent a fiber optics internet connection and/or next fastest internet connection in the Orlando area?

Thanks so much in advance!

Thank you very much, I will make an appt and ask him!
So sorry to hear how you'e been suffering, @disneyland_is_magic - hope you find something that helps you! I can kind of relate, since I haven't been able to do anything "rough" since I had neck/spinal surgery 20 years ago. I wistfully watch everybody go on all the "newer" stuff (created in that time) and don't begrudge them their fun, but I am SO happy when something is on the drawing table *I* might have a chance to enjoy!! Hugs, my friend!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter