Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

I saw a fantastic movie last night called Life Itself, by the creator of This is Us. I had not heard anything about it previously, the friend I went with suggested it. I know many here like This is Us, as do I, and this movie will feel VERY familiar to you because of that. (@DisneyKevin - tapping you on this, since I know you and John, and if I remember right, Pete, are big This is Us fans). The intricate storytelling, winding back and forth between generations, time warping, wrapping back into itself, and yet done so skillfully, you never feel lost, was incredible. Everyone in the theater agreed how beautifully the story was told, and connected, and many tears were shed by all. :) Just like This is Us. :)

I also appreciated several of the hot male characters in the movie, including Antonio Banderas. :)

Last edited:
We were lucky during the storm. There were outages near us and flooding 20/45 minutes plus away from us (I-40/95 are bad areas plus the various rivers...very heart breaking to see these areas hit again). The grocery store was expensive in the meats---some brands were missing and the bread aisle was pretty empty (not sure if it because some factories were along I=95 and Eastern NC). Its going to be extra planning routes south for a short time.

We are not buying our dog a cake for her birthday, but most likely some Frosty paws (dog ice cream) and maybe a toy.

I am close to cutting the cord on Dish. I bought an antenna, but the PBS stations are still terrible signals (I love EastEnders...got hooked years ago). I am hoping to still be in range of a PBS station offering this series. I know that I see it in MD/DC/VA area and maybe in Florida.

Last edited:
We were lucky during the storm. There were outages near us and flooding 20/45 minutes plus away from us (I-40/95 are bad areas plus the various rivers...very heart breaking to see these areas hit again). The grocery store was expensive in the meats---some brands were missing and the bread aisle was pretty empty (not sure if it because some factories were along I=95 and Eastern NC). Its going to be extra planning routes south for a short time.

We are not buying our dog a cake for her birthday, but most likely some Frosty paws (dog ice cream) and maybe a toy.

I am close to cutting the cord on Dish. I bout an antenna, but the PBS stations are still terrible signals (I love EastEnders...got hooked years ago). I am hoping to still be in range of a PBS station offering this series. I know that I see it in MD/DC/VA area and maybe in Florida.
Glad you didn't get the worst.

I just noticed my typos and guessing its time to clean the keyboard (one key has been missing for awhile...puppy hood joys).

I just noticed my typos and guessing its time to clean the keyboard (one key has been missing for awhile...puppy hood joys).
@NC Belle - If that's the case, then I need to get a dog (or cat, or some sort of living creature). My many typos are always the result of typing too fast (brain goes faster than hands,eyes, or brain!!), and bad eyes/fat fingers (especially on the phone!!!), but this way I could blame my creature. Thanx. :cool1::rotfl2:

Last edited:
For those that care, This is Us starts again tonight. Tomorrow night is the pilot of something that looks pretty similar - tear jerker about friendships, called A Million Little Things, on ABC. Love this time of year, with a lot of favorite shows restarting!! :)

Oh - for those that don't care - :P

:lmao:

For those that care, This is Us starts again tonight. Tomorrow night is the pilot of something that looks pretty similar - tear jerker about friendships, called A Million Little Things, on ABC. Love this time of year, with a lot of favorite shows restarting!! :)

Oh - for those that don't care - :P

:lmao:

I'm watching This Is Us (just got a little piece of it midway...got it recording for later). I sort of enjoyed Big Bang Theory yesterday and Magnum P.I. I can't wait for BB 20 to end....at least its better than last year except that I reserve the right to change my opinion if JC squeeze out a win (then it would be a thumbs down). I still like NCIS even though I miss a lot of previous season. There are too many revival shows including a new spin on The Twilight Zone coming to CBS on its streaming.
I guess I be doing more streaming soon since I will be cutting out DISH. I have to see which streaming service can get me the rest of the NASCAR season. I could always put away some budget savings to future Disney trip (West Coast seems "less complicated" for now).

I'm watching This Is Us (just got a little piece of it midway...got it recording for later). I sort of enjoyed Big Bang Theory yesterday and Magnum P.I. I can't wait for BB 20 to end....at least its better than last year except that I reserve the right to change my opinion if JC squeeze out a win (then it would be a thumbs down). I still like NCIS even though I miss a lot of previous season. There are too many revival shows including a new spin on The Twilight Zone coming to CBS on its streaming.
I guess I be doing more streaming soon since I will be cutting out DISH. I have to see which streaming service can get me the rest of the NASCAR season. I could always put away some budget savings to future Disney trip (West Coast seems "less complicated" for now).
Hope Tyler or Kaycee wins BB for sure! Not sure which one I want more - Tyler was more "strategic" and a cmp beast all along, while Kaycee was more of a floater, but became a Veto beast near the end, in my mind.

@NC Belle - If that's the case, then I need to get a dog (or cat, or some sort of living creature). My many tupos are always the result of typing too fast (brain goes faster than hands,eyes, or brain!!), and bad eyes/fat fingers (especially on the phone!!!), but this way I could blame my creature. Thanx. :cool1::rotfl2:
She likes to hover her head over the keys to get my attention or lick/push my hands away from it to tell me that she wants something. Oreo also bats at my phone if I had been playing games too long.

Yay Kaycee!! And I've got to say - Tyler has a lot of class, he truly seemed happy for her, as well as grateful to get America's Favorite extra money, just like I'm sure she would have done as well, in either case. What a shocker about Chris (REFUSE to call him absolutely junenile Swaggy C!!!) and Bailey - wonder if they'll actually end up getting married, and stay together? They seem pretty smitten now, but I have a feeling it ain't long term.

Last edited:
My baby is turning 5 tomorrow!!!!! I can't believe how big he has gotten!
20180723_094050.jpg

Last edited:
Lame. I will upload it on my google + account and redo it. And thank you. So far he has had a really good day.

Hope Tyler or Kaycee wins BB for sure! Not sure which one I want more - Tyler was more "strategic" and a cmp beast all along, while Kaycee was more of a floater, but became a Veto beast near the end, in my mind.
@NC Belle - Saw today that Tyler is moving to LA LA LAND to live with Angela. Aaaah, young love. :lovestruc

@NC Belle - Saw today that Tyler is moving to LA LA LAND to live with Angela. Aaaah, young love. :lovestruc

I'm not too sure it will last if they don't do other CBS projects. I hope that she is not using him and the situation to improve her career. I could be wrong like I didn't think "Jody" from season 19 will work....but, now after a year plus the big events upcoming for that couple (baby and wedding)...maybe it works out in the long term.

My baby is turning 5 tomorrow!!!!! I can't believe how big he has gotten!
20180723_094050.jpg
Congrats! I hope that he had a great birthday. On my side of the family...almost every week this month is someone or more than one birthday including me plus yesterday it was NC Beast's brother #3 anniversary...20 years for the them.

pixiedust: Almost there on on next move...interesting twists that came up in recent days. Not wanting to jinx it.

Congrats! I hope that he had a great birthday. On my side of the family...almost every week this month is someone or more than one birthday including me plus yesterday it was NC Beast's brother #3 anniversary...20 years for the them.

pixiedust: Almost there on on next move...interesting twists that came up in recent days. Not wanting to jinx it.
Thank you! He had a pretty good day. October and May are our busiest months. Tons of birthdays and anniversaries. Just went shopping for DH. Told him not to flip out when he saw the Target bill. His birthday, anniversary, and Christmas present were purchased today. Ouch! :teeth:

@SorcererHeidi, did you hear about Big Brother 19 Christmas had her baby? She and the baby boy's daddy had be broken up since December. I am confused on reports saying South Carolina forthe birth, but I associated the hospital name/brand more with NC/Raleigh area.

I have not check to see when Tyler was supposed to be on The Bold and the Beautiful (gave that soap up).

@SorcererHeidi, did you hear about Big Brother 19 Christmas had her baby? She and the baby boy's daddy had be broken up since December. I am confused on reports saying South Carolina forthe birth, but I associated the hospital name/brand more with NC/Raleigh area.

I have not check to see when Tyler was supposed to be on The Bold and the Beautiful (gave that soap up).
@NC Belle Yes, I saw that about Christmas, thanx. I forgot what a beast she is - remember she sustained that broken foot in the house, had surgery, and still came back? I sustained something of the same sort of injury (fracture of the midfoot joint) a few years ago, and I can tell you - it is NOT unpainful at ALL!!!! And they said she even did CrossFit on her due date, a few days ago. Even saw a pic of the little nipper - cute little chubby-faced angel. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!