Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Middle son had a headache, so I stayed home while the rest went to Toy Story 4...oh darn! :lmao: Middle son is feeling much better,so thankfully he isn't getting sick

Well dang it! My husband liked it and so did the other kids...sooo guess who is having a mommy/son date on Sunday????? :rolleyes1

Well dang it! My husband liked it and so did the other kids...sooo guess who is having a mommy/son date on Sunday????? :rolleyes1
Sorry, but have to :lmao: WITH you.......WITH you! :)

Still haven't gotten to see it myself. Hope you enjoy it more than you think you will!

I remember when my sis and mom had a girl scout camp event, my dad and I had fun buying mom her mother's day/birthday gift plus somehow I got a Polaroid camera..my first personal camera.

@ImTooExcitedToSleep .... speed recovery to your wife. My sister had carpal tunnel surgery and it was tricky for her to adapt for recovery (she was in college at the time for her music performance undergrad degree).

I have to finish watching the DL show still.

OK - Going to TRY and form intelligent thoughts and use my words to describe last night's Hugh Jackman show, and not to make it too incredibly long. But last night's show was FANTASTIC!!!!!

First of all, he was on the stage himself, and performing almost the entire almost 3 hours of the show, with only 1 20-minute intermission. And HIGH ENERGY dancing, including tap dancing. He also played the piano, and the drums a little bit. He thanked SO many people in his entourage - singers, dancers, orchestra/his musician members (the guy who was Animal in the Muppets is his drummer!!), Broadway singers./songwriters (it's NYC, so makes sense a lot of them were there), he even had the songwriters for Greatest Showman, La La Land, and Dear Evan Hansen on stage, and thanked them.

Trying to remember ALL of the selections he did is so hard, and some I don't know what show/movie they came from, but calling what comes to mind quickly he did a LARGE portion of the Greatest Showman soundtrack, a song from Dear Even Hansen, stuff from Carousel, stuff from a Boy from Oz, other Peter Allen stuff, Les Mis and" GASTON" from Beauty & the Beast!!!!! It was also all beautifully woven together with video, lighting effects, and had an actual, well told storyline about his life, so was so PERSONAL.

I had made a "show buddy" (we ended up trading seats to sit together, and chatted all night) from Melbourne outside, before the show, and we were talking about "all things Jackman", including his wife, how long they've been married, etc. I ended up getting applause from a packed elevator of disabled people - suffice it to say those of us with mobility issues were NOT treated kindly, and were physically jostled, just short of being pushed, and crowded around, over, and through with our various mobility devices, by others getting on the SLOOOOOOOW elevator, which was for suites and disabled - the nasty ones were definitely the SUITES guests, and it showed in their entitled behavior, leaving us poor mobility issues folks behind. One group, in particular, had a loud, obnoxious, entitled (trying to use NON curse words here!!!) "leader" who actually asked me to get OUT OF THE ELEVATOR, so the rest of his party of 6 could get into an already-PACKED elevator - and I had my Rollator!!!!! He also gave 3 of his party permission to stand so close behind me between me and the elevator doors that 1 of them pushed me, and I actually fell forward, slumped OVER my Rollator, to avoid falling over completely. Well - let's just say the Joisey in me came out, and I put a stop to all of this, and he and his entire party GOT OUT, AND TOOK THE NEXT ELEVATOR!!!!!! Like I said - the rest of the packed elevator all clapped, and I bowed. LOL

So.....other than that - everybody that worked at Madison Square Garden gave wonderful treatment to disabled - helping me find my way, asking courteously if I needed help, folding./storing my Rollator, making sure I was comfortable, etc. Just awesome service, and I made sure and email MSG this morning, talked to a manager before I left, and Tweeted my thanks again this morning.

So - back to she show - Keala Settle SLAYED her perfiornmance of "This is Me", and looking STUNNING in a gorgeous, sparkly outfit. I appreciated this, since that's my favorite song (yes, I bawled - with a HUGE smile on my face!!!!), and I'm a big girl too, so seeing her look so fantastic was wonderful.

Hope this hasn't been too long and boring - suffice it to say I could go on for HOURS, and i thoroughly enjoyed myself - even more than I ever thought I would. @PlutoFan10 - I think you are going to LOVE the show in Philly tomorrow - please let me know if you get a chance, and think of me!!!

Thank you all for indulging me in sharing this experience. I will not soon forget it!

Last edited:
OK - Going to TRY and form intelligent thoughts and use my words to describe last night's Hugh Jackman show, and not to make it too incredibly long. But last night's show was FANTASTIC!!!!!

First of all, he was on the stage himself, and performing almost the entire almost 3 hours of the show, with only 1 20-minute intermission. And HIGH ENERGY dancing, including tap dancing. He also played the piano, and the drums a little bit. He thanked SO many people in his entourage - singers, dancers, orchestra/his musician members (the guy who was Animal in the Muppets is his drummer!!), Broadway singers./songwriters (it's NYC, so makes sense a lot of them were there), he even had the songwriters for Greatest Showman, La La Land, and Dear Evan Hansen on stage, and thanked them.

Trying to remember ALL of the selections he did is so hard, and some I don't know what show/movie they came from, but calling what comes to mind quickly he did a LARGE portion of the Greatest Showman soundtrack, a song from Dear Even Hansen, stuff from Carousel, stuff from a Boy from Oz, other Peter Allen stuff, Les Mis and" GASTON" from Beauty & the Beast!!!!! It was also all beautifully woven together with video, lighting effects, and had an actual, well told storyline about his life, so was so PERSONAL.

I had made a "show buddy" (we ended up trading seats to sit together, and chatted all night) from Melbourne outside, before the show, and we were talking about "all things Jackman", including his wife, how long they've been married, etc. I ended up getting applause from a packed elevator of disabled people - suffice it to say those of us with mobility issues were NOT treated kindly, and were physically jostled, just short of being pushed, and crowded around, over, and through with our various mobility devices, by others getting on the SLOOOOOOOW elevator, which was for suites and disabled - the nasty ones were definitely the SUITES guests, and it showed in their entitled behavior, leaving us poor mobility issues folks behind. One group, in particular, had a loud, obnoxious, entitled (trying to use NON curse words here!!!) "leader" who actually asked me to get OUT OF THE ELEVATOR, so the rest of his party of 6 could get into an already-PACKED elevator - and I had my Rollator!!!!! He also gave 3 of his party to stand so close behind me between me and the elevator doors that she pushed me, and I actually fell forward, slumped OVER my Rollator, to avoid falling over completely. Well - let's just say the Joisey in me came out, i put a stop to all of this, and he and his entire party GOT OUT, AND TOOK THE NEXT ELEVATOR!!!!!! Like I said - the rest of the packed elevator all clapped, and I bowed. LOL

So.....other than that - everybody that worked at Madison Square Garden gave wonderful treatment to disabled - helping me find my way, asking courteously if I needed help, folding./storing my Rollator, making sure I was comfortable, etc. Just awesome service, and I made sure and email MSG this morning, talked to a manager before I left, and Tweeted my thanks again this morning.

So - back to she show - Keala Settle SLAYED her perfiornmance of "This is Me", and looking STUNNING in a gorgeous, sparkly outfit. I appreciated this, since that's my favorite song (yes, I bawled - with a HUGE smile on my face!!!!), and I'm a big girl too, so seeing her look so fantastic was wonderful.

Hope this hasn't been too long and boring - suffice it to say I could go on for HOURS, and i thoroughly enjoyed myself - even more than I ever thought I would. @PlutoFan10 - I think you are going to LOVE the show in Philly tomorrow - please let me know if you get a chance, and think of me!!!

Thank you all for indulging me in sharing this experience. I will not soon forget it!

Glad you made lemonade out of those lemons. It sounds like the show was spectacular and the experience was more than delightful.

Regarding the situation in the elevator, I'm not 100% sure how I would have handled it. But, apparently you deserved the applause because of others are under the impression they are elites. This really torques me and I feel that if I was in that situation (either alone or with a friend/partner), it would have been highly confrontational. But, I also know I wouldn't want to jeopardize the experience by showcasing my displeasure before the the show. Now afterwards it would have been a different story altogether. I can only imagine if someone asked me to get out of the elevator, I probably would have responded with something like "only if you get back in after the elevator shaft is empty".

Now I have to see if there are any YouTube videos from last night's performance to draw a visual/audio.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Glad you made lemonade out of those lemons. It sounds like the show was spectacular and the experience was more than delightful.

Regarding the situation in the elevator, I'm not 100% sure how I would have handled it. But, apparently you deserved the applause because of others are under the impression they are elites. This really torques me and I feel that if I was in that situation (either alone or with a friend/partner), it would have been highly confrontational. But, I also know I wouldn't want to jeopardize the experience by showcasing my displeasure before the the show. Now afterwards it would have been a different story altogether. I can only imagine if someone asked me to get out of the elevator, I probably would have responded with something like "only if you get back in after the elevator shaft is empty".

Now I have to see if there are any YouTube videos from last night's performance to draw a visual/audio.

Thanks for sharing!!!!
Oh yeah - just looked - there are PLENTY! :) If anybody watches any, let me know what you think. :)

Last edited:
SorcererHeidi: So glad you enjoyed the concert. Sounds like a blast.
Toy Story 4 did not happen this weekend. My son was being a brat, so we will try again later this week. Spent Saturday with my in laws. A lot of fun, but I got a few mosquito bites. I am allergic, so my face looked like a horn was coming in. :crazy2: Thankfully it is much better. Unfortunately a year or so late, my kids have discovered "Baby Shark". I hated that song when it first became popular, and now I hate it even more!!!!

Thanx, @superme80 - Still thinking about the marvelous show (and drooling over Hugh!) :)

I can tell you that as a young kid, and during the last few years (a REALLY REALLY big kid now! LOL), I get HUGE whelps when getting bitten by mosquitoes, but not during my teens/middle ages, so maybe I re-developed an allergy to the bites?

Don't know how I feel about Baby Shark, which I only recently heard (I know, I'm delayed!! LOL). I have a love/hate with. For me - it's a LOT like Small World. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter